Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck and Dan Hardy Build Some Heat at UFC 106

Print  
Posted By Message

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
Koscheck seemed to feed off the crowd’s anger, destroying the bigger Johnson standing and outwrestling him to boot. On one memorable (yet somehow failed) takedown attempt, Koscheck drove Johnson into the cage so fast and hard that they might have ended up in California without the Octagon to stop him.
link

Post #1   11/22/09 8:25:49PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I just cant get with the Dan Hrady party wagon. His smack talk seems fake, very planned. I dont think he really deserves his shot(5 consecutive wins, but 2 split dec, a UD and the KO over Markham) but he came on strong at the right time. When Kos took a loss and Alves got beat by the champ. GSP should handily crush Hardy and I look forward to it!

Post #2   11/22/09 8:59:39PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
"Koscheck did make one painful gaffe in his anti-Hardy tirade -- he initially said "(Hardy) ain't fought no one" which he soon corrected to be "ain't fought no one like me" -- presumably to spare the feelings of his teammate Mike Swick who just got beat soundly by Hardy at UFC 105."

My thoughts exactly. Swick got dissed...by his own teammate.

Post #3   11/22/09 10:48:23PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

"Koscheck did make one painful gaffe in his anti-Hardy tirade -- he initially said "(Hardy) ain't fought no one" which he soon corrected to be "ain't fought no one like me" -- presumably to spare the feelings of his teammate Mike Swick who just got beat soundly by Hardy at UFC 105."

Actually, I could've sworn he said, "He ain't foughten no one."

Maybe not, but that's what I thought I heard in my alcohol induced state of mind.

Post #4   11/22/09 10:50:06PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I'd actually rather see Koscheck vs. Hardy than Hardy vs. GSP.

Josh Koscheck needs to remember that he is 3-2 in his last 5 fights, and he's only got two victories in a row. Dan Hardy has 4 consecutive victories in the UFC. It doesn't matter if 3 of them were by decision. A win is a win. I think Josh Koscheck is probably a couple victories away from earning a shot himself, but the loss in February to Paulo Thiago really hurts his case for a title shot now.

Post #5   11/23/09 12:05:37AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

I'd actually rather see Koscheck vs. Hardy than Hardy vs. GSP.

Hardy needs another win, Kos needs another win or two before a title shot. But more IMPORTANTLY GSP needs an oponent.

Hardy deserves it more then Kos does and while I think Hardy will not fair well against GSP, right now, I dont see anyone at 170 doing any better then what hardy can offer...

People keep saying that Hardy doesnt deserve the shot because he stands no chance of winning, but honestly who does at 170?

Hardy has some heavy hands, and while i doubt it will happen, he can KO GSP. I cant wait to see the betting lines in this fight as I see Hardy as the huge underdog and will be worth a small play...

Post #6   11/23/09 5:07:48AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
Kos is moaning.

Does Hardy deserve a title shot? Probably not.

But if Swick won the fight and got the title shot, would Kos then want to fight Swick? Probably not either.

He should have made his protests before the Hardy v Swick fight.

Post #7   11/23/09 6:19:31AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Maybe not, but that's what I thought I heard in my alcohol induced state of mind.

Either way he totally dissed his team mate, which I thought was pretty bad.

Post #8   11/23/09 8:22:53AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,499-881
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Nobody in the division is what I would call dominant other than GSP. All the other fights are toss-ups. They are all very solid and I don't think they should be called CANS like I've heard some say.

Post #9   11/23/09 5:26:52PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,380
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
gsp needs to fight
and with loss to swick and kammpman
only other guy is hardy now

kos just lost to thiago this year a win over a has been trigg won't do it, nor a aj

it is time those aka boys fight each other

i was surprised he called out hardy
i thought he was calling out hughes

Post #10   11/24/09 9:02:55AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Either way he totally dissed his team mate, which I thought was pretty bad.

I agree. I was just being a douche.

Post #11   11/24/09 9:08:49AM