Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 106 Aftermath: End of Night Bonuses, Griffin vs. Ortiz III + More

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Come on, that FOTN bonus must have been given to placate a precarious situation with all the eye poking or something. I would even call the SOTN award a little flaky. I though Groves triangle was more impressive given that he was getting pwnt before hand. As much as I didn't care for the fight myself, I thought Tito-Forrest was a more appropriate choice for FOTN.

I agree I think KOS vs AJ was far from FOTN and Tito vs Forrest was much more deserving and I don't care for either fighter very much. I also agree with the triangle Grove pulled off was very good. But if anyone deserved SOTN it was Sotiropoulos. He went from a armcrush to armbar nicely and pulled it off against a guy who is a BJJ black belt.

Post #16   11/22/09 9:19:59PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by telnights

I agree I think KOS vs AJ was far from FOTN and Tito vs Forrest was much more deserving and I don't care for either fighter very much. I also agree with the triangle Grove pulled off was very good. But if anyone deserved SOTN it was Sotiropoulos. He went from a armcrush to armbar nicely and pulled it off against a guy who is a BJJ black belt.

No arguements with Sot's sub. It was also nice. I would have been happy if either got it over Koscheck.

Post #17   11/22/09 10:49:00PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
fotn: griffin/ortiz it was a great fight that could have gone either way. No way did kos/johnson deserve it there is to much controversy and to many breaks in between the fight.
sotn: Either sotoropilus(spelled wrong) both amazing subs.
kotn: Saunders- marcus davis had never been koed before and has fought some really hard hitters. I understand the award going to nog tho knocking off a possibly top 5 contender in the first rd.

Post #18   11/23/09 10:59:18AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,528-1,568
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by machodog76 I think Nog deserved the KO of the night.
If by Nog, you actually mean Ben Saunders, I agree.

If Davis was a title contender I would agree,but he isn't and Nog's dominant perfomance against a higher ranked opponent seemed more impressive to me.

Last edited 11/23/09 9:11PM server time by machodog76
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   11/23/09 9:10:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2