Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Parisyan out of UFC 106, Future Uncertain (Parisyan Comments)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Career:76-50
Chips:

Karo “The Heat” Parisyan is out of UFC 106 after failing to acquire a license in Nevada, according to Parisyan, due to not having the money to pay his fine from previously being suspended after testing positive for a three different pain killers following his UFC 94 bout with Kim Dong-hyun.

“There’s a lot of problems going on. They won’t re-license me unless I (expletive) pay them,” Parisyan told MMAWeekly.com. “I had to pay the $32,000 fine in order to fight. I never paid because I never had the money. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back.”

Link

Last edited 11/19/09 4:25PM server time by Macheetah
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/19/09 4:24:06PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I find it hard to believe that Dana would let Karo pull out of the fight solely because he couldn't pay the fine. Surely the UFC would pony up the $32,000 if that's all that was keeping him from being licensed.

Then again, I could be wrong. I have been a couple times before...

Last edited 11/19/09 4:35PM server time by emfleek

Post #2   11/19/09 4:28:10PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
if that's all there is to it then that sucks but i'd be shocked if that was it.

Post #3   11/19/09 4:34:09PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Dana even said he will never fight again in UFC. Sadly, I'm not surprised this happened again. Physically, Karo had all the tools to be a great fighter, maybe even a future champion. But mentally and emotionally, whether it's out of his control or not, it's just not there.

As far as Hazelett for those wondering, he's off the card but will be paid hsi show money and what his win bonus would have been.

Post #4   11/19/09 4:44:21PM   

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Career:76-50
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Dana even said he will never fight again in UFC. Sadly, I'm not surprised this happened again. Physically, Karo had all the tools to be a great fighter, maybe even a future champion. But mentally and emotionally, whether it's out of his control or not, it's just not there.

As far as Hazelett for those wondering, he's off the card but will be paid hsi show money and what his win bonus would have been.

I completely agree. I hate to see him wasting his talent like this.

Hopefully he can sort everything out and get back to fighting soon.

Post #5   11/19/09 4:46:08PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,342-746
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I find it hard to believe that Dana would let Karo pull out of the fight solely because he couldn't pay the fine. Surely the UFC would pony up the $32,000 if that's all that was keeping him from being licensed.

Then again, I could be wrong. I have been a couple times before...

I don't think you wrong at all. He even says 'There’s a lot of problems going on" as to say that isn't the only problem. The other thing that sounds like there are other issues is “Everything is over bro. I’m just going to go home. Everything is ****** up. I’ve got to think about what I’m going to do for my career,” That sounds like he is done fighting.

Last edited 11/19/09 4:49PM server time by telnights

Post #6   11/19/09 4:48:37PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer's side of the story is quite a bit different.

...Parisyan had already been fully licensed last January and was cleared to fight this Saturday. Kizer said Parisyan had not been required to take a pre-fight drug test for the painkillers he had been flagged for in January, as they would be tested the night of the bout.

Parisyan had contacted Kizer a few weeks ago to discuss a “nagging, lingering injury,” Kizer said, and asked what proper medications he could take prior to the bout. Kizer said he instructed Parisyan that Tylenol and icing was the safest method, but encouraged the fighter to have his physician send in a letter stating his injuries and what medications he was taking for it, so the NSAC doctor could work with him.

Kizer spoke again with Parisyan within the last week to discuss a payment plan for the $32,000 fine the fighter had previously accrued. Kizer said that NSAC Chairman Pat Lundvall had agreed to disperse payment for the fine out of the fighter's show and win purse for this weekend.

“We knew (Parisyan) was having some financial difficulties and wanted to try and help him,” Kizer told Sherdog.com. It was agreed that $16,000 would be deducted from each purse and in the case of a loss, Parisyan would make further arrangements to settle up the remaining balance. Kizer said Parisyan seemed pleased with the arrangement.

Via Sherdog.

Last edited 11/19/09 5:14PM server time by MMAcca

Post #7   11/19/09 5:13:59PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
from yelling, "don't you know who I am" like a mob boss in Tuf at Nate, to contesting the Alves stoppage to a completely lackluster performance against Dong Kim

Farewell Karo, your throws were fun to watch but that is where my love ends

Post #8   11/19/09 5:52:54PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Chips:
I hate to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like Karo's got a monkey on his back. I guess time will tell.

Post #9   11/19/09 5:55:18PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
I think this is Karo making excuses. He hasnt been in "fighting shape" since April 2008, even against Dong Hyn Kim, I thought he looked smaller and completely outta shape. I use to think he would be the one to give GSP a ride for his money, now I think even Manny tools him at the gym.

Karo use to be the best Judo practitioner in MMA, now I dont know what category i put him in

EDIT: BTW, I think I remember him quoting "I eat Jiu Jitsu guys up" or summin along those lines. If so, he shoulda taken out a line of credit and payed it back with his win bonus.

Last edited 11/19/09 6:00PM server time by RMFG_187

Post #10   11/19/09 5:56:03PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer's side of the story is quite a bit different.

...Parisyan had already been fully licensed last January and was cleared to fight this Saturday. Kizer said Parisyan had not been required to take a pre-fight drug test for the painkillers he had been flagged for in January, as they would be tested the night of the bout.

Parisyan had contacted Kizer a few weeks ago to discuss a “nagging, lingering injury,” Kizer said, and asked what proper medications he could take prior to the bout. Kizer said he instructed Parisyan that Tylenol and icing was the safest method, but encouraged the fighter to have his physician send in a letter stating his injuries and what medications he was taking for it, so the NSAC doctor could work with him.

Kizer spoke again with Parisyan within the last week to discuss a payment plan for the $32,000 fine the fighter had previously accrued. Kizer said that NSAC Chairman Pat Lundvall had agreed to disperse payment for the fine out of the fighter's show and win purse for this weekend.

“We knew (Parisyan) was having some financial difficulties and wanted to try and help him,” Kizer told Sherdog.com. It was agreed that $16,000 would be deducted from each purse and in the case of a loss, Parisyan would make further arrangements to settle up the remaining balance. Kizer said Parisyan seemed pleased with the arrangement.

Via Sherdog.

was just about to post that, it pretty much refutes what karo was saying, something doesn't seem right, but on the bright side I don't have to change my prediction on this fight for the 15th time.

Post #11   11/19/09 6:00:05PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

was just about to post that, it pretty much refutes what karo was saying, something doesn't seem right, but on the bright side I don't have to change my prediction on this fight for the 15th time.

Really I had Hazelett in my parley, he was one of my locks, it has not been the same Karo recently, Head is throwing off his balance

Post #12   11/19/09 6:02:19PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by McBee

from yelling, "don't you know who I am" like a mob boss in Tuf at Nate, to contesting the Alves stoppage to a completely lackluster performance against Dong Kim

Farewell Karo, your throws were fun to watch but that is where my love ends

Don't forget when he spat inside the ring out of anger.

Post #13   11/19/09 6:03:51PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by nickcuc547

Really I had Hazelett in my parley, he was one of my locks, it has not been the same Karo recently, Head is throwing off his balance

Karo's sub defense is very good, he's never been tapped, I thought he might take him down and lay on him boring style. with that said hazlett is better on the feet and grappling on the ground, I was waivering so much on this fight.

Post #14   11/19/09 6:03:59PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by McBee

Posted by nickcuc547

Karo's sub defense is very good, he's never been tapped, I thought he might take him down and lay on him boring style. with that said hazlett is better on the feet and grappling on the ground, I was waivering so much on this fight.

Hazelett versus Koscheck is what swayed me, he really took it to Koscheck and I really thought he would sub Karo or just plain out work him.

Post #15   11/19/09 6:05:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2