Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Karo Parisyan out of UFC 106!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Kizzzzurt

Learning to Sprawl

Kizzzzurt Avatar

Career:42-21
Chips:
I'm not saying that the fine to Karo is too harsh nor should it be an EXCUSE. I do see it as a valid reason as to having to back out of the fight. He didn't all of the sudden need surgery that couldn't wait or have a cold, this is just an unforeseen circumstance in his life.

I do believe that his fine is a little extreme as compared to the steroid related incidents, considering the outcomes. Regardless, what's done is done and Karo will probably never fight in the UFC again because of it. Sad, he was a great.

Post #16   11/19/09 7:41:25PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Karo has other sources of income, he's famous enough to do seminars and he wrote a book so it's not like he's on the street begging or anything

Post #17   11/19/09 11:52:44PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by jae_1833

I'm just glad that Dustin is getting paid for all his hard work in the gym to prepare for the fight, I'm sure it's his main source of income. Now let's hope he gets a fight lined up again quickly. Karo couldn't ever seem to finish a fight anyways, and never wanted to step up to stiff competition, just wanted a title shot all the time....remember that?!! (Thiago Alves does!)

Thiago Alves, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, and Georges St. Pierre aren't stiff competition? Huh?

I hope that he gets his mind straight, and I doubt it was the financial situation alone that backed him out. I love watching the guy fight, but he's making it hard for me to root for him anymore. It's sad to see someone with such raw talent waste it. Seeing this news ruined my night and made 106 a lot less enticing for me.

No they definately are, it's just that I distincly remember about him trying to op out of a couple of those fights trying to stake a claim to an immediate title shot, it's why he didn't want to fight Thiago Alves. The UFC didn't give him that option though, he had to fight him to get the shot. I much more approve of the fighters that perform at a high level of competition not for a belt or title but for the rush and the challenge.

Post #18   11/20/09 12:39:34AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by gartface

Posted by jae_1833

I'm just glad that Dustin is getting paid for all his hard work in the gym to prepare for the fight, I'm sure it's his main source of income. Now let's hope he gets a fight lined up again quickly. Karo couldn't ever seem to finish a fight anyways, and never wanted to step up to stiff competition, just wanted a title shot all the time....remember that?!! (Thiago Alves does!)

Thiago Alves, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, and Georges St. Pierre aren't stiff competition? Huh?

I hope that he gets his mind straight, and I doubt it was the financial situation alone that backed him out. I love watching the guy fight, but he's making it hard for me to root for him anymore. It's sad to see someone with such raw talent waste it. Seeing this news ruined my night and made 106 a lot less enticing for me.

No they definately are, it's just that I distincly remember about him trying to op out of a couple of those fights trying to stake a claim to an immediate title shot, it's why he didn't want to fight Thiago Alves. The UFC didn't give him that option though, he had to fight him to get the shot. I much more approve of the fighters that perform at a high level of competition not for a belt or title but for the rush and the challenge.

I agree with you on that, but I also see where he was coming from. He had a title shot lined up with Hughes, tore his hamstring and was sent down the ladder. There are cases where guys had injuries, came back and were granted title shots after one or even no fights.

Post #19   11/20/09 12:41:32AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2