Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Early

Print  
Aldo vs Brown
Too Early 2 6%
Perfect Stoppage 30 83%
Early but would have ended the same if let go 4 11%
Posted By Message

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
What does everyone think???

*Spoiler Alert* (dont scroll down if you havent seen the fight) Sorry for late Alert

Last edited 11/19/09 5:43AM server time by cwb
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/18/09 11:11:08PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,271-1,222
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He wasn't intelligently defending himself. Perfect stoppage

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   11/18/09 11:13:56PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
Aldo's hooks were tight , brown tried to roll and had nowhere to go . It was a perfect stoppage. Brown could of got pounded for another couple min but he wasnt going anywhere . Aldo's takedown defense was damn impressive and we finally saw his nova uniao black belt displayed . Very impressed

Post #3   11/18/09 11:18:19PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Technically the exact thing he was doing was "Intelegent Defense". He was covering up instead of allowing himself to be hit in the face, and he was trying to roll with his legs to escape the position. There isn't anything more intellegent that he could have done. I understand what you are saying, but I'm not a big fan of the term "intellegent defense." I'm not exactly sure why or how that phrase was started, but it's a poor choice of words.

btw, the stoppage was just fine. Maz gave Brown plenty of oppertunity to improve his position and it was clear that everything he attempted was unsuccessful. If he remained in that spot he may have taken unnecessary damage. And more over I didn't see Brown even consider a protest at the end. It was a justified and timely stoppage.

The Maz did his job tonight, and without the mustache of all things.

Post #4   11/19/09 12:06:46AM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Aldo's hooks were tight , brown tried to roll and had nowhere to go . It was a perfect stoppage. Brown could of got pounded for another couple min but he wasnt going anywhere . Aldo's takedown defense was damn impressive and we finally saw his nova uniao black belt displayed . Very impressed

Brother said it all. Aldo is an animal.

Post #5   11/19/09 12:16:02AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,518-939
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
no controversy here
brown had nowhere to go and aldo controlled the fight up to the stoppage
jose aldo is the #1 featherweight in the world

Post #6   11/19/09 12:16:53AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,271-1,222
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kopower

Technically the exact thing he was doing was "Intelegent Defense". He was covering up instead of allowing himself to be hit in the face, and he was trying to roll with his legs to escape the position. There isn't anything more intellegent that he could have done. I understand what you are saying, but I'm not a big fan of the term "intellegent defense." I'm not exactly sure why or how that phrase was started, but it's a poor choice of words.

btw, the stoppage was just fine. Maz gave Brown plenty of oppertunity to improve his position and it was clear that everything he attempted was unsuccessful. If he remained in that spot he may have taken unnecessary damage. And more over I didn't see Brown even consider a protest at the end. It was a justified and timely stoppage.

The Maz did his job tonight, and without the mustache of all things.

True.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #7   11/19/09 12:43:26AM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,630-1,072
Chips:
To late for me now but this should have a spoiler alert in the title

Post #8   11/19/09 1:03:31AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
isn't "Early but would have ended the same if let go" and good stoppage the same thing?

Post #9   11/19/09 1:18:49AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Brown was going nowhere and everyone knew it. I thought the stoppage was great and even went a little longer than I've seen it go before. Aldo is a Nova Uniao blackbelt who had the hooks in with the feet crossed... it was over.

Post #10   11/19/09 2:21:11AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
hahaha maybe I should have waited atleast 5 minutes before posting this topic... My initial feelings got the best of me. ( I wanted Brown to win... Obviously)

To me it seemed early but at the same time Brown wasnt attempting to escape so it was a good stoppage... Damnit...

Anyone else see a resemblance between Aldo and Andy Silva... Aldo seemed so fast and even when he got hit it looked liked minimal damage was taken.

Its actually a great thing that Aldo won, that leaves an opening for Urijah to get another shot, a Mike rematch, and fresh meat in Gamburyan/Garcia (I know Garcia lost but i think he will be back in contention soon)

If Brown would have won then we would have to wait for a Aldo/Garcia rematch or Gambuyran shot

*also sorry I didnt add a Spoiler alert to topic

Post #11   11/19/09 5:39:26AM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Don't get much more justified stoppages IMO, though brown wasnt taking extensive amounts of damage, he was in no position to defend and was not going to get free. there was ample time on the clock and if it had gone on any longer he could have been SERIOUSLY hurt.

Post #12   11/19/09 10:06:25AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Chips:

Posted by CwB

hahaha maybe I should have waited atleast 5 minutes before posting this topic... My initial feelings got the best of me. ( I wanted Brown to win... Obviously)

To me it seemed early but at the same time Brown wasnt attempting to escape so it was a good stoppage... Damnit...

Anyone else see a resemblance between Aldo and Andy Silva... Aldo seemed so fast and even when he got hit it looked liked minimal damage was taken.

Its actually a great thing that Aldo won, that leaves an opening for Urijah to get another shot, a Mike rematch, and fresh meat in Gamburyan/Garcia (I know Garcia lost but i think he will be back in contention soon)

If Brown would have won then we would have to wait for a Aldo/Garcia rematch or Gambuyran shot

*also sorry I didnt add a Spoiler alert to topic

Don't feel to bad. I was such a big Chuck Liddell fan that I complained about this stoppage after his SECOND fight with rampage.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Post #13   11/19/09 1:44:36PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Brown was going nowhere and everyone knew it. I thought the stoppage was great and even went a little longer than I've seen it go before. Aldo is a Nova Uniao blackbelt who had the hooks in with the feet crossed... it was over.

Post #14   11/19/09 3:07:47PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
the ref didnt see the 6 punches to the brain stem?

Post #15   11/20/09 10:03:42PM