Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Hall of Fame?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ok so since ive been reading article after article about how sick Brock is, a thought popped into my head.

IF this illness is indeed career ending (as ive heard here and there tentatively) do you think he is destined to be in the UFC Hall of Fame? I mean think about it, Brock is one of the BIGGEST names the UFC has.hes their HW Champ.AND an illness kept him from defending his title (if indeed it is career ending).I think all of that COMBINED with his sheer fame is going to get him a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame.

Ill wait for responses on this before i put in my 2 cents

Post #1   11/17/09 9:05:17PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
IMO, he hasn't put in enough work to be a hall of famer. Sure he beat Randy and Mir, but just because you were a huge draw for a couple of years doesn't translate to a Hall of Famer.

Now if he comes back and defends his title or is in a bout to unify titles, that may be a different story. However, I still feel he has to pull out a few more W's.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   11/17/09 9:21:50PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

IMO, he hasn't put in enough work to be a hall of famer. Sure he beat Randy and Mir, but just because you were a huge draw for a couple of years doesn't translate to a Hall of Famer.

Now if he comes back and defends his title or is in a bout to unify titles, that may be a different story. However, I still feel he has to pull out a few more W's.

Thats exactly how i feel.

however not everybody thinks like us...

Post #3   11/17/09 9:23:52PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I dont think that he is anywhere near the HOF. His resume is strong for only fighting for 2 years, but if his career were to end today I dont think he has a chance.

Post #4   11/17/09 10:08:22PM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
I don't think so.Will he leave with a legacy full of unanswered questions? Sure.

Rickson Gracie has a legacy full of unanswered questions too though.

Post #5   11/17/09 10:14:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Not even close if they run the HoF correctly.

Think about it this way- many people involved with the NFL are still questioning whether Kurt Warner is a hall of famer or not. Do you think Brock Lesnar has accomplished near the equivalency of success in MMA that Kurt Warner has in the NFL?

I think a lot of times people get sympathy votes or friendship votes into the HoF. If they're not going to induct Evan Tanner on a sympathy vote then I couldn't possibly see any reason why they would induct Brock Lesnar. As a matter of fact, I'd take great offense on behalf of Evan Tanner if they did. Not that anybody would care about that, though.. LOL

Post #6   11/17/09 10:33:20PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:
i will be absolutely livid if he is put into the hall of fame

Post #7   11/17/09 10:56:41PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Think about it this way- many people involved with the NFL are still questioning whether Kurt Warner is a hall of famer or not. Do you think Brock Lesnar has accomplished near the equivalency of success in MMA that Kurt Warner has in the NFL?

I think a lot of times people get sympathy votes or friendship votes into the HoF. If they're not going to induct Evan Tanner on a sympathy vote then I couldn't possibly see any reason why they would induct Brock Lesnar. As a matter of fact, I'd take great offense on behalf of Evan Tanner if they did. Not that anybody would care about that, though.. LOL

i agree totally.

BUT like you said yourself people do get in there on connections.it would really be a shame if he got in and not tanner

Post #8   11/17/09 11:16:07PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Jackelope

i agree totally.

BUT like you said yourself people do get in there on connections.it would really be a shame if he got in and not tanner

Yeah, sorry I kind of addressed your post as though you were pro-Lesnar HoF, even though I realize you're not. I think the question you raise is a good one. Relevant, too. Good discussion

Post #9   11/17/09 11:21:13PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Brock, right now - no... In time if he can hold on to the belt and etc sure maybe...

On the topic of Kurt Warner... I think he deserves it. The guy isn't putting up "static" numbers, but he is quite good regardless of the team he is on. Which is why he doesn't put up "static" numbers. He has to learn what 4 diff playbooks? I mean cmon! The guy is a beast for what he has done with so many teams. Arizona? I mean really... who would have thought they would have gone as far as they have...

I vote yes for Kurt ^_^.

Post #10   11/18/09 2:03:29AM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

i will be absolutely livid if he is put into the hall of fame

It will lose credibility.

Post #11   11/18/09 7:41:54PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
No.

Post #12   11/18/09 9:00:54PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I say no.

But lets just say if Brock never fights again,yet they can still market him and make money off of him,they may put him their.

Post #13   11/19/09 6:59:13AM   

Kizzzzurt

Learning to Sprawl

Kizzzzurt Avatar

Career:42-21
Chips:
Brock may have popularity in a certain aspect but I've heard much more people hate him. Personally I don't see how you can hate on him, he's an animal but whatever floats your boat.

Great fighter that has had a terrible thing happen to them? Yes.

Hall of famer? Not yet.

Post #14   11/19/09 12:33:45PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
As of right now, no. But if he comes back and continues fighting I think he will. Think about it, he already beat two former heavyweight champs and a tough veteren in Heath Herring, if he continues to **** up everyone he fights who knows, he could be the next Anderson Silva (except for the first loss to Mir).

And when I say the next Anderson Silva I don't mean as technical as him and blah blah cause I know people are gonna get mad and say that it's "ridiculous to even consider that" and all that other ****, but come on. He's not looking like anyone can stop him. I say if Carwin doesn't KO with one of those big punches Lesnar isn't going to lose the title to anyone coming up right now.

Post #15   11/19/09 9:18:16PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2