Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andre Winner's KO of Delgado vs. Hendo's KO of Bisping

Print  
What was worse?
Hendo punching Bisping after KO'ing him 28 51%
Winner continuously punching Delgado after KO'ing him 27 49%
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by moob

Posted by NatedawgThaM

haha most of those posts if not all were said by the same guy who is obviously a huge Bisping fan hahaha

Actually, 2 of those 7 comments were made by me if that's who you're referring to.

2 where mine aswell I think..... I didnt go round starting threads about it though, so im not going to this time either. I stand by what I said though, and while I understand you've got to fight till the bell, some fighters could take a page out of Marquadts book. The only reason I posted about the Hendo incident was the fact he knew Bisping was out, and wanted to hurt him, it wasnt about fighting till the bell. And also that fact that people where actually loving that it happened kinda pissed me off to.

Last edited 11/17/09 9:32PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   11/17/09 7:10:55PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
I have never had an mma fight but ive have a few on the streets and imo its alot different what we see when watching and what we see when actually fighting. When ur fighting ur adrenaline is way up and the ref needs to be close enough to stop a fight before a guy takes unecessary punishment. My other point of being in the fight is different then watching it is that when your fighting its tough to tell the difference between a fighter that is out cold and one that is badly hurt and has a chance to come back. In the split second that a guy fallsafter a hit you dont have time to stop and think is he truly out you just keep going and try to finish. The shots to me at first looked cheap and i was praying for the ref to hurry up and stop it but the fighter should always fight till he is told to stop.

Post #32   11/17/09 7:12:28PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,359-899
Chips:

Posted by mshalosky

I have never had an mma fight but ive have a few on the streets and imo its alot different what we see when watching and what we see when actually fighting. When ur fighting ur adrenaline is way up and the ref needs to be close enough to stop a fight before a guy takes unecessary punishment. My other point of being in the fight is different then watching it is that when your fighting its tough to tell the difference between a fighter that is out cold and one that is badly hurt and has a chance to come back. In the split second that a guy fallsafter a hit you dont have time to stop and think is he truly out you just keep going and try to finish. The shots to me at first looked cheap and i was praying for the ref to hurry up and stop it but the fighter should always fight till he is told to stop.

Bit confused here - are you trying to say that when you're involved in some street brawl you actually consider whether or not the other guy is out at any point - and that this has an impact on how you 'perform'? Is there a point where you decide that you aren't gonna throw that piece of concrete on the guys head or not?

Bottom line is we're not talking about some guy that gets involved in gang violence - we're talking about professionals here, and therein lies the difference.

Post #33   11/18/09 1:27:11PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Oh ****, this again

Look, they're not playing paddy-cake in there.

Post #34   11/18/09 5:45:40PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

Oh ****, this again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so damn true...

I didnt have a problem with either end results... (+ I loved the Dan Punch/Comment...)

Believe it or not, before Bisping was a coach on TUF, I was a fan of his. But, there was no end to his mouth and it turned me away as a fan. BUT, Bisping has regained me as a fan by the way he handled his KO loss (with pure class) and his mouth doesnt seem as big anymore...

This was technically Winners 1st fight in the UFC, which equates to a lot of pressure to perform and to perform impressively, I believe this was a huge contributor to his eagerness to fight until the ref pulled him away.

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but there seems to be a clear "Line" between both sides of this argument and by "Line" I mean Atlantic ocean. (With a few exceptions on both sides)...

It doesnt seem that anyones opinions have changed, so, I've given my 2 Cents (more like 4 cents) on this subject And I'm going to file this under a Non-Issue...

Post #35   11/20/09 5:55:52AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

Oh ****, this again

Thanks for solving that problem for us. I'm not sure any of us knew that.

Post #36   11/20/09 8:26:37AM   

ObsoleteMan

MMA Regular

Career:483-265
Chips:

vs.

I think the main difference is that when both were diving in, Winner's hit to the shoulder/arm, and Hendo's came in right on the jaw. It seems to me that Winner could've intentionally moved that punch to the shoulder when he saw he was he was definitely going to win. I don't know for sure, of course, but it's not like Delgado was presenting a difficult target. Winner's GNP must be pretty bad if he can't hit a guy in the face there, assuming he wanted to.

The second punch I blame on the ref, for being completely across the ring. You do have to fight until the ref stops it. If it wasn't for his post fight comments, I'd probably defend hendo too. But if I have to compare them, Hendo's was a lot more devasting (not even counting the weight difference), and you can't really cut him much slack, given what he said after.

Post #37   11/20/09 1:04:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
watching bisping lie lifeless on the ground will beat any ko any day

Post #38   11/21/09 10:40:30AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by ObsoleteMan
I think the main difference is that when both were diving in, Winner's hit to the shoulder/arm, and Hendo's came in right on the jaw. It seems to me that Winner could've intentionally moved that punch to the shoulder when he saw he was he was definitely going to win. I don't know for sure, of course, but it's not like Delgado was presenting a difficult target. Winner's GNP must be pretty bad if he can't hit a guy in the face there, assuming he wanted to.

Interesting notion, though why would he follow up with the left if that was the case.

Post #39   11/21/09 12:10:48PM   

eyeforeigneye

MMA Regular

eyeforeigneye Avatar

Career:491-288
Chips:
Winner had a great KO, but i about pissed myself when i saw Hendo drop Bisping and add that finishing touch... one of the greatest knockouts in history.

Post #40   11/23/09 6:14:24PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Bisbing got what was coming to him to be quite blunt and I dislike him less for it. Bisbing put his hands up when he hit the ground making it look like he was going to defend. Hendo was already in mid air when his hands went down, it was just a reaction on Dan's part to make sure it was over. Not that I have a problem with Winner's KO really but it was very clear to me Roli was out and a little uncalled for to follow up because Roli fell in the opposite direction, it was obvious he was out but again like the Hendo KO you gotta make sure.

I think the only way to stop unecessary shots is to let the ref say "stop" or "its over" loudly and if the fighter dosnt listen then fines and penalties can be issued along with continuing to hit them after the ref steps in like Soko vs Nortje.

Post #41   11/23/09 6:29:50PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Bisbing got what was coming to him to be quite blunt and I dislike him less for it. Bisbing put his hands up when he hit the ground making it look like he was going to defend. Hendo was already in mid air when his hands went down, it was just a reaction on Dan's part to make sure it was over. Not that I have a problem with Winner's KO really but it was very clear to me Roli was out and a little uncalled for to follow up because Roli fell in the opposite direction, it was obvious he was out but again like the Hendo KO you gotta make sure.

I think the only way to stop unecessary shots is to let the ref say "stop" or "its over" loudly and if the fighter dosnt listen then fines and penalties can be issued along with continuing to hit them after the ref steps in like Soko vs Nortje.

Bisping put his hands up when he hit the ground???????

He is completely unconcious before he hits the ground. Watch the video above this post and then tell me you think Bisping put his hands up to defend himself when on the ground.

Being anti Bisping does not mean you have to be blind.

Post #42   11/25/09 8:39:48AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

In EvenFlow's defense, his hands *did* come up from the momentum of Bisping dropping to the mat.

Post #43   11/25/09 8:43:58AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by EvenFlow

Bisping put his hands up when he hit the ground???????

He is completely unconcious before he hits the ground. Watch the video above this post and then tell me you think Bisping put his hands up to defend himself when on the ground.

Its just like Hendo was following Bisping to the ground already statements. He clearly steadies himself, takes two small steps to repostion himself, then jumps into that forarm.

On reflection, Id say they're both as bad as each other in regards to intent. I think both guys new the other dude was out, and whether it was just trying to fight to the bell, adrenaline taking over, or mallicous, we'll never really know. Its not the first time things like this have happened in MMA, and it certainly wont be the last.

Neither of these where as bad as Rampage or Soko dealing out extra blows while the refs trying to pull them off.

Post #44   11/25/09 11:25:05AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

So youre saying his hands dont come up? who's the blind one again?...

Last edited 11/25/09 1:45PM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #45   11/25/09 1:45:34PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5