Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dennis Siver should have gotten the Pat Berry award

Print  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I mean I'm sure other people have done it too but most recently Pat Berry won fight of the night & KO of the night at UFC 104 against Antoni Hardonk. I just watched the Siver-Kelly fight. How was this not fight of the night and more importantly, WHY DIDNT THEY SHOW IT ON SPIKE???!!!!!

It was more exciting IMO then the Berry fight, especially since it was back and forth and the ending was crazy. Much better then the Bisping-Khang fight which wasn't even that special. But that 1st round of that fight was uneventful besides the 1st knockdown. And in the 2nd it was just pitiful watching Khang's heart just die and just getting Tee-d off on. This fight was crazy though and I definitely think they should have squeezed this on the showing on Spike. The fights were terrible IMHO on sat. I mean some of them had their moments of course, I mean terrible is exaggerating, but none of them were that good at all. Too much hugging and stuff. This fight was back and forth with some sick strikes from Siver. Great ending.

I know theres a lot more factors that go into that like A. Johnson would have won KO of the night if he made weight but still. That whole card's fight quality was very low so I think if they could have given anybody 2 awards, this is the event they should have done it. Great showing by Siver. Excited too see him back soon again hopefully against maybe Spencer Fisher or melvin guillard even though they might be booked but you know what I mean, a good exciting striker.

Post #1   11/17/09 12:03:15AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I thought all of the fights were very good Saturday except for the Swick/Hardy and Couture leaning on Vera for the majority of the fight. I also think the Siver/Kelly should have gotten FOTN instead of Bisping/Kang.

What didn't you like about the fights that were aired? Most of them were stand up wars

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   11/17/09 12:23:54AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,550-799
Chips:
anyone got a link to the fight ?

Post #3   11/17/09 1:21:52AM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Great showing by Siver. Excited too see him back soon again hopefully against maybe Spencer Fisher or melvin guillard even though they might be booked but you know what I mean, a good exciting striker.

Siver has already fought guillard and got KTFO, but its obvious from the kelly fight that hes been sharpening his standup skills. Seeing him against Fisher would be a great matchup, fireworks for sure.

Post #4   11/17/09 2:04:52AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I thought all of the fights were very good Saturday except for the Swick/Hardy and Couture leaning on Vera for the majority of the fight. I also think the Siver/Kelly should have gotten FOTN instead of Bisping/Kang.

What didn't you like about the fights that were aired? Most of them were stand up wars

Matt Brown/Wilks had it's moments but for alot of the fight Wilks just had him against the cage most the time. The Pearson fight was good. IDK I just hate fn clinching against the cage unless your actually going to show some offense.

Post #5   11/17/09 3:26:23PM