Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Twitter Smack Talk Between Shields and Miller Goes From 'Spirited' to 'Personal'

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Before their Strikeforce title fight on CBS, Jake Shields and "Mayhem" Miller exchanged Twitter barbs that could accurately be described as good-natured ball-busting on both sides. Then they fought, Shields won the Strikeforce middleweight strap via decision, and that was that. Only recently the Twitter exchanges have gotten a little more personal and a lot less fun. Like two drunk guys horsing around at a party, the play-wrestling has turned into torn collars and breathless invectives right in front of our eyes, and the rest of us can only stand around uncomfortably while trying to decide whether to try and broker a peace or just make up an excuse to leave.

Link

Post #1   11/16/09 10:25:24PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,420-1,317
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That picture of Shields is extremely cocky in my opinion. He hasn't fought the best competition in the world, but obviously thinks VERY highly of himself.

If Mayhem could go 5 rounds with Shields and Shields was saved by the bell in one round when Miller was going for a choke, you have to believe that GSP would absolutely domiinate Shields (who has called GSP out before).

I'm more of a Mayhem fan myself based on his personality, I do think Shields beat him and he might be being a sore sport when talking about the hugging, but a lot of times, it's true....Shields really isn't the most exciting fighter to watch, even if he does win. That's probably a big reason why Miller has fought in the UFC and Shields has not.

Post #2   11/17/09 12:06:47AM   

ThugAngel

Learning to Sprawl

ThugAngel Avatar

Career:357-264
Chips:
yeah they way Shields won was so boring, Miller only needed a few more seconds and Shields would have been sleeping but what can you do. Now Strikeforce has a boring MW champion and we all know what will happen if Shields fights someone with a good sub defence.

Post #3   11/17/09 8:04:26AM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

In short, Shields and Miller probably aren't going to be carpooling to future Strikeforce events together, so the real loser in all this is the environment.

Best line from this whole article

Post #4   11/17/09 4:38:21PM