Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Next for Jake Shields?

Print  
Who is next for Jake Shields?
Cung Le 11 46%
Scott Smith 0 0%
Ronaldo Jacare Souza 11 46%
Robbie Lawler 0 0%
Matt Linland 1 4%
Jason Mayhem Miller 1 4%
Posted By Message

Andrew_Walker88

Learning to Sprawl

Andrew_Walker88 Avatar

Career:258-229
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
I know it maybe a little early for this topic but I was curious as to what other people may consider Jake Shields next opponent for the Strikeforce Middleweight Title? Cung Le is fighting next month in San Jose against Scott Smith. Ronaldo Jacare Souza is fighting against Matt Linland and Robbie Lawler is also fighting on that card. Very Middlewieght heavy card.

Would you really give Cung Le the title shot against Shields. Because he would very clearly expose Shields on his feet after he just went over on CBS. But also would you trust Cung Le to hold your title again as he made it obvious he is more interested in making movies than fighting for the promotion?

Jacare is an amazing Jui Jitsu black belt but also has little personality and the language barrier could be hard to promote although I do understand the Fedor effect.

Robbie Lawler is coming off a loss to Jake Shields but would a few quick wins over a few people put him right back in contention?

Scott Smith has a very spotty record coming off a loss to Nick Diaz and now fighting the returning Cung Le. Do you think that a win over the seemingly unstoppable Cung Le would catapult Smith into instant Middleweight contention?

Matt Linland coming off a loss to the Phenom Vitor Belfort, would beating Jacare really give him the chance to be a main contender? Is Jacare really someone to beat to become a contender or is Linland just a sacrifice for Jacare to come into Strikeforce?

I know I am biased but what about Jason Mayhem Miller? If he were to go to Dream or come back and fight for Strikeforce in the upcoming months like Scott Coker said Mayhem will get that invitation. If he were to come back strong could they build this a very huge feud between Miller and Shields because a little war of words coming between the two in some interviews and on Twitter. Could this really be a mainstream feud to get people to watch more Strikeforce?

If there are any other choices please list them. I hope to get some good choices and discussions going.

Post #1   11/16/09 5:37:00AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Cung Le/Scott Smith winner.

Post #2   11/16/09 12:34:38PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
a trip to the world hugging championships???

EDIT: honestly though i think higdon hit it on the head although the lindland/jacare winner is a possibility too, but the former champ probably takes precedence.

Last edited 11/16/09 1:10PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   11/16/09 12:57:25PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,280-1,402
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
I think style wise id lke to see Jacare vs sheilds, wouldnt mind seeing Cung le either.

Post #4   11/17/09 1:02:57PM