Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diet

Print  
Posted By Message

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
I'm doing a mix of cardio and weight training, with a goal to lose fat and build muscle.

My question is, is there a set amount of calories my body should be taking in after the calories I burned have been subtracted.

For instance, if I take in 1700 calories a day and I burn 1200 calories working out, is the 500 calories left sufficient?

I can be more specific with the diet if needed.

Post #1   11/15/09 7:05:22AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,393-817
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
If you are strength training you need to be eating more than what you are saying. I'm know expert but I would guess 3000-3500 calories based on my experiences and what I've read. Always remember that diet and rest are just as important as your training, there's no shortcuts.

Post #2   11/15/09 10:28:17AM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:
i see or here this all the time there is no such thing as losing fat and building muscle you must isolate lose fat or build muscle period id say one week heavy cardio and next week intense lifting etc all the while jus keeping a basic diet no sodas candy fried processed foods just healthy complete meals with all food groups is essential

Post #3   11/15/09 9:15:00PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
Actually, I see or hear that all of the time. Whenever some one mentions burning fat and building muscle at the same time, another person always responds "there is no such thing as burning fat and building muscle at the same time, and I always see or hear people saying that!"

I've been lifting weights and running almost everyday for two weeks. I've decreased my body fat percentage by 4% and increased my bench press by 10lbs. What would you call that? It's certainly not not burning fat and building muscle.

So while there maybe no such thing as burning fat and building muscle at the same time in a single exersize, and even this I am not so sure of, you can most certainly lose fat and build muscle in the same week.

Regardless, I didn't come here to talk about that. I just wanted to know if there is a minimum number of calories your body requires everyday to stay healthy. It seems like no one knows so I'll venture elsewhere. But either way, thanks for the response.

Post #4   11/16/09 9:41:17PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:

Posted by RNC

Actually, I see or hear that all of the time. Whenever some one mentions burning fat and building muscle at the same time, another person always responds "there is no such thing as burning fat and building muscle at the same time, and I always see or hear people saying that!"

I've been lifting weights and running almost everyday for two weeks. I've decreased my body fat percentage by 4% and increased my bench press by 10lbs. What would you call that? It's certainly not not burning fat and building muscle.

So while there maybe no such thing as burning fat and building muscle at the same time in a single exersize, and even this I am not so sure of, you can most certainly lose fat and build muscle in the same week.

Regardless, I didn't come here to talk about that. I just wanted to know if there is a minimum number of calories your body requires everyday to stay healthy. It seems like no one knows so I'll venture elsewhere. But either way, thanks for the response.

ok sorry that i tried to help you oh great one if you dont want advice dont ask for it and act like a snob when you get it

Post #5   11/17/09 1:51:49AM   

pride

Learning to Sprawl

Career:76-46
Chips:
check some bodybuilding/health websites.

Last edited 11/17/09 12:02PM server time by pride
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   11/17/09 12:01:42PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

i see or here this all the time there is no such thing as losing fat and building muscle you must isolate lose fat or build muscle period id say one week heavy cardio and next week intense lifting etc all the while jus keeping a basic diet no sodas candy fried processed foods just healthy complete meals with all food groups is essential

check out the ketogenic diet

Post #7   11/17/09 1:32:30PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
Don't want to sounds like a jack@SS here but there are thousands of websites that can help you. Some of them are very well made and will actually tell you the amount of proteins/fat/carbs and calories you should eat depending on your weight.

Just use google and research the subject.

Post #8   11/24/09 12:27:16PM   

scobes15

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I work at a gym and don't have much knowledge about MMA, but a bunch of my members have been telling me I should learn more about it. The best thing I've seen in trying to learn about a good MMA diet is www.thedolcediet.com.

Post #9   11/24/09 4:58:26PM