Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar's Condition "Nothing Life Threatening"

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,706-1,712
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
link

MMAWeekly.com spoke to a source in Lesnar’s camp on Saturday night that denied such characterizations, but indicated that there are some new issues to deal with.

“Nothing life threatening like the reports, just some complications with his illness and he had to be hospitalized for antibiotics.”

The extent and exact nature of Lesnar’s illness is still unclear. White indicated that he might even fly out to visit the champion to find out more about his condition and see what the promotion can do to help him get better.

Last edited 11/15/09 5:20PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/15/09 2:43:46AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wonder if Lesnar is bored of the whole 'MMA scene'

Afterall, he's not known for sticking around in one sport for too long....

Post #2   11/15/09 7:16:20AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Not that I'm the first guy to ever defend Lesnar, but I'm pretty sure he is legitimately sick. Not faking a sickness so that he can get out of his contract or something. Let's not forget it was the NFL (Or at least the Vikings) that cut him. He didn't quit throughout his very successful college wrestling career, and he did pretty much everything a man can do in the WWE before he walked away from that. Even when he did walk away from wrestling he did it because he has a competitor's heart and wrestling couldn't provide him with what he needed. What other men would walk away from millions because they're not getting enough competition??

I'm trying to draw on my limited medical training and the context clues of this situation to find out what the deal is. I can't come up with anything concrete, but I'd imagine he's got some kind of severe lung infection on top of the mono. Which could be a pretty bad deal seeing as how mono is difficult enough to deal with on its own. That, and I've got suspicions about liver/kidney problems he may be having because of something Dana White said. I'm sure we'll know in due time.

Anyways, I just hope he gets well soon so that the Engineer can go in there and wreck his face

Post #3   11/15/09 10:31:17AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I wish everyone would quit being so secretive about this situation. I realize people are entitled to privacy, but he is kind of a public figure and his condition has now affected two events. They could at least let the fans know what the problem is, and how long they believe it is going to be before he can fight again. I don't think that's asking too much.

Post #4   11/15/09 11:35:51AM