Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping: 'One of Those Shots Broke His Will'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
sherdog

"I noticed from my footage that he breaks mentally if the fight doesn’t go his way, and I could see it in his eyes when I hit him,” Bisping said. “One of those shots broke his will.”

It was an exercise in controlled aggression from Bisping, in which he demonstrated improvements in his grappling skills, highlighted by his containment of the experienced Kang from the bottom and the telling damage he managed to inflict from the top.

Post #1   11/15/09 2:41:01AM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
I'd assume this to be true given what we saw in the fight.
It was a complete domination, with Bisping showing AMAZING defence on his back. Then totally taking control on the stand up and on the ground offensive landing MAJOR GnP which i doubt any man could recover from.
I think Bisping could have ended sooner if he wished but when he saw how he rocked his opponent he milked it for his homecrowd.

Post #2   11/15/09 3:28:04AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Bisping's ground game impressed me a lot last night. He was very active from his back with Kang in his guard.

However, i thought Kang should have finished it in the first.

Post #3   11/15/09 7:11:17AM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Chips:
Yeah Kang definitely got an early advantage with the straight right i think it was, and should have monopolised on that. But when i see Bisping's ground game in defence and offence it blows my mind how versatile he is becoming.

Post #4   11/15/09 7:25:35AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'm going to have a pretty hard time picking Kang against any top-15 guys. Bisping is right, when the fight gets tough, he wilts. I can easily see the UFC cutting him after another loss or two.

Post #5   11/15/09 7:49:19AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,522-905
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Bisping showed a good guard (or ability to retain guard) but he didn't even attempt any submissions did he?

Bisping did impress me, but he's gonna need to be a lot better if he want the belt.

Post #6   11/15/09 8:30:38AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Bisping did nothing but impress me last night! What a way to rebound from a devastating loss! I now have no questions in ranking him top 10 in the world.... 10th though!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   11/15/09 9:20:31AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Bisping showed a good guard (or ability to retain guard) but he didn't even attempt any submissions did he?

Bisping did impress me, but he's gonna need to be a lot better if he want the belt.

Yeah, he attempted a triangle, then an armbar, but when he went for the arm Kang passed to side.

I agree with Mike, people will say Kang gassed, but if you look at him leaving his corner in the second, he looks very composed and quite fresh. He may of been breathing a little heavy, but then, so was Mike. You could tell it was done when Mike got that second takedown. For somebody who is supposed to be a "world class" wrestler, he got taken down so easily.

Post #8   11/15/09 9:28:41AM   

dangerfield

MMA Regular

dangerfield Avatar

Career:385-223
Chips:

State_Champ Bisping showed a good guard (or ability to retain guard) but he didn't even attempt any submissions did he? Bisping did impress me, but he's gonna need to be a lot better if he want the belt.

Two armbars I thought.

Def needs to improve but I liked his new stance (even if he did get tagged) he looked like he wanted to get in and get buzy not stay on the outside.

Post #9   11/15/09 9:32:39AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Now that Bisping has been KTFO'd people can start being fans of his. I think everyone will find that he's a very hard working mixed martial artist whose skills, while not conducive to devastating finishes, are legitimate. You can see how much he changed his footwork to correct the Dan Henderson mistake, and that was only over a very short time. To me that screams hard work.

Was glad to see Bisping get KO'd by Dan, but I've always been a fan of his. He's a hard worker. Good for him. Congrats, Mike!

Post #10   11/15/09 10:35:06AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Kang just quits anytime things stop going his way. Bisping's will to win was very impressive, MMA needs more performances like that one.

Post #11   11/15/09 3:09:45PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'm going to have a pretty hard time picking Kang against any top-15 guys. Bisping is right, when the fight gets tough, he wilts. I can easily see the UFC cutting him after another loss or two.

I wont be surprised if he recieves his walking papers... To bad, Kang.

That KO loss to Hendo, really knocked some humility into Bisping. At first it looked like Bisping had lost his confidence a little, (looked a little hesitent, and uncomfortable circling left) but His gaurd looked amazing and he roughed it out. Bisping does have some nice GnP (reminds me a little of Titos,guess big bear helped em out)

Sidenote: Is Bisping the only UFC fighter allowed to bring his kids into the ring post fight. My memory sucks but I remember the Count brought a baby in the ring after a fight a while ago, then his son last night. I cant think of any other UFC fighter recently bringin there kids in

Post #12   11/15/09 5:52:06PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Bisping did nothing but impress me last night! What a way to rebound from a devastating loss! I now have no questions in ranking him top 10 in the world.... 10th though!

Really top 10 in the WORLD?

I really hope that you are lying to me ^_^.

Anyhow he did impress me, and that is a good thing. I was wondering how he was going to come back. If he was going ot be motivated, scared to fight etc... Way to improve and damn near impress everyone...

Anyhow no way imo is he top 10 in the world.

Post #13   11/15/09 11:18:43PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Chips:
From another perspective he gave Rashad Evans a REAL fight and was flat out outstriking him.
This man has some of the most INSANE hip escapes and hip movements off his back that i have ever seen.

Is it just me or is your fight with bisping gonna end up two ways...?

1) You take him down and get NOWHERE no significant blows and all he does is escape to full guard.

or

2) You stand up and slug it out in which case i think he could take on the likes of Rich Franklin or as proven, rashad evans. and hope to high hell that He doesn't take You down cause then your in trouble.

He really is a EXTREMELY well balanced fighter and i expect to see so damn much from him

WAR BISPING

Post #14   11/16/09 2:38:15AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by NeaRMisS

Posted by SmileR

Really top 10 in the WORLD?

I really hope that you are lying to me ^_^.

Anyhow he did impress me, and that is a good thing. I was wondering how he was going to come back. If he was going ot be motivated, scared to fight etc... Way to improve and damn near impress everyone...

Anyhow no way imo is he top 10 in the world.

For what it's worth, here's WAMMA's top 10 middleweights:

1 Anderson Silva
2 (tie) Dan Henderson
2 (tie) Nathan Marquardt
4 Vitor Belfort
5 Yushin Okami
6 Demian Maia
7 Robbie Lawler
8 Jorge Santiago
9 Jake Shields
10 Yoshihiro Akiyama

Chael Sonnen just missed the cut. Don't know when that was updated. Probably not since Okami lost to Sonnen.

Last edited 11/16/09 9:57AM server time by finnish_line
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   11/16/09 9:57:19AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2