Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Koscheck winning is a real bummer.

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Diego's only chance at catching Kos was in a counter...there was no way Diego would of landed on Kos if he just simply pressed the action.....Diego just didnt connect since Kos only threw 1 shot at a time....

you said Koscheck kept the fight on the feet because thats what the fans wanted?...BS...he kept it on the feet because Diego's stand up is crap!...i would like to see him fight Joslin again and keep it on the feet if thats the case.

Koschecks standup is just as poor if not worse than Diego's, that was clearly shown in the Joslin fight... That's why I give him props for keeping it standing... Kos was coming off of a LnP dec over Jos and Diego was coming off a KO...

If you were fighting a guy waiting to counter you (as you stated was Diego's only chance of catching him), why would you rush in on him to give him that chance? It is a fight, and if I can take a page out of the Naturals book, a gameplan is everything.

If Diego had that advatage on the ground, he should have taken the fight there... If his jits was better he should have been comfortable on his back in guard attempting subs and sweeps... If he were more confident in his hands he should have been the aggresor... But he did none of this...

Post #31   4/9/07 8:03:36PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by dstlvb

Wow. Guess you showed me. You question a guys manhood over a fight and when you get called on it you make stupid statements that you will step into any fight with the top guys in the world. Brilliant. What kind of logic blames a boring fight on a fighter who came in with a perfect gameplan, excuted to perfection, actually landed punches, at least tried a takedown, but puts no blame on the fighter who came in unprepared, and looked horrible? Deigo was so worked up he couldnt contain himself during the weigh-ins. Then gets in the ring and fights like that. Maybe you should blame Deigo for his complete inability to tell he was losing the fight and change his gameplan up. Hell Mishima looked better getting dominated than Deigo did.

Koscheck is the monster wrestler...there was no way Diego would of even gotten close to a takedown the way Koscheck was retreating..if a Jab couldnt reach Koscheck you expect Diego whole body to be able to reach Koscheck for a takedown?

Diego was pushing Koscheck and talking crap not only to make him stand up with him,but to make him FIGHT..........and yes...i agree Mishima looked better getting dominated than Diego did.....Cuz Kenny had the balls to engage

Post #32   4/9/07 8:05:43PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
well which one of you is more responsible for this thread being boring. you keep saying the same crap in every reply. you sound like an old married couple.
get over it. the fight was boring. we get it

Post #33   4/9/07 9:06:17PM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
I was at the fight Saturday and there was a better fight in the crowd between two girls than there was between Kos & Diego. Good for Kos, he said he was the best wrestler p4p. Lets see Kos vs. Hughes.

Post #34   4/9/07 9:15:30PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
At the end of the day kos won fair and square. If randy cro cop goes the exact same way, with randy getting the win, nobody will say anything, just praise randy for having a smart gameplan.

Post #35   4/9/07 9:19:38PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
if Koscheck fights Hughes the same way Koscheck will win again....but who wants that kind of champ?...i think Koscheck is a better striker than Matt Hughes,with a longer reach and better wrestling....and much quicker(to run away from the takedown and such)

Post #36   4/9/07 9:21:36PM   

u_f_c

Learning to Sprawl

u_f_c Avatar

Career:155-97
Camp: Team UFC
Chips:
i think that was awesome that he won, boring fight, but kos was way more prepared, and also Sanchez played it safe in almost all of his fights just to keep his undefeated record. I never thought any of his fights were magnificent other than the one with Karo Peresian.

Post #37   4/9/07 10:49:03PM   

Pinkalicous

MMA Regular

Pinkalicous Avatar

Career:234-166
Camp: Team Takedown
Chips:
Koscheck may have won the fight, but i dont think he showed enough to us. especially with all the bad blood between them, that was one of the worst fights i have ever seen.

After seeing the fight one of my friends noted that he could very well be in contention for a title shot. No thank you, i think they should at least match him up against Matt Hughes or GSP before, because judging by this fight he doesn't deserve the chance.

As for Diego, WTF. i mean Diego seemed as if he was in another world. ive never seen him get out fought like that. i thought before the fight that he would win and then be in consideration for a title shot. guess not. i just hope he will take this loss and make the best of it, and come back better.

Anyway that is my two cents worth.

Post #38   4/10/07 1:39:42AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I've had harder sparring sessions with girls than those two wankers the other night. Kos for sure won and had a gameplan and executed it well but playing it safe isnt going to win over fans. With all the bad blood between those two you would expect to see a slugfest like the Huerta bout...And those two guys liked eachother. Kos may of won but it was in Tim Silvia fashion.

Post #39   4/10/07 2:00:43AM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,127-705
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I think that's what th UFC gets. They would not give Diego a shot at Hughes because they did not want him to lose. So that tells me they figured he would beat Kos. Man were they wrong. They should have just gave Diego a shot at Hughes. It would have been a better loss, had he lost.

Last edited 4/10/07 9:56AM server time by OchoCinco
Edit note/reason: spelling

Post #40   4/10/07 9:55:06AM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
The only person that won that fight was Dana White. Now he'll get his rubber match and make more money. The real loser was that fan's for watching that crapfest. I would rather watch the President of Pride's greasy a** in his man thong beating a drum for 15 minutes that watch that fight again. There was more action in the third round of Sylvia vs Monson than in that entire fight. Sanchez vs Koscheck was to fighting what Daredevil was to movies... a steaming pile.

End of story.

Post #41   4/10/07 1:52:44PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That whole fight was a major bummer. IMO neither should get a title shot anytime soon. Yeah, you can say what you want about kos's great strategy. It was so great I wanted to change the freaking channel after I'd payed for 50 bucks. And I was rooting for Kos. Hughes should get the unchallenged next title shot. Then I think the loser of that serra/hughes fight should fight GSP for a rematch. Yeah, it might be kinda boring to see the same fight a couple times, but so is watching a fight where both fighters are scared to death of each other.

Post #42   4/10/07 4:59:59PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by SteedTheDeed

19-1!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post #43   4/10/07 6:08:01PM   

Lets_Do_This

Learning to Sprawl

Lets_Do_This Avatar

Career:293-213
Camp: SevenS
Chips:
I think a few of you guys are underestimating Kos, he looked great on his feet and we all already know how good his wrestling is.

He didn't feel the need to take it to the ground and risk Diego submitting him so he kept it standing where he landed the only clean punches of the fight.

Diego probably just couldn't believe how powerful Kos' punching power was, and was obviously afraid to engage. Seeing as how the fight never went to the ground, basically because Kos didn't feel like it, Diego had no chance.

Boring or not, Diego earned the loss and Kos earned the win.

Post #44   4/10/07 7:36:59PM   

Lets_Do_This

Learning to Sprawl

Lets_Do_This Avatar

Career:293-213
Camp: SevenS
Chips:
Bump...why not.

Post #45   4/17/07 12:27:05AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4