Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy looks to silence the critics with UFC 105 win over Mike Swick

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In his brief UFC career, welterweight contender Dan Hardy (22-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has proven himself to be quite a polarizing figure.
Widely adored in his native U.K. for a flashy fighting style and lively pre-fight banter, Hardy is also viewed with disdain from many who believe he's too new in the organization to be vying for a shot at the 170-pound title.

"The Outlaw" hopes to use Saturday's "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" bout with Mike Swick (14-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) in Manchester, England, as a chance to prove his doubters wrong.
"With all due respect to Mike, I don't think he's better at me in any area," Hardy said on a recent call promoting the event. "If anything, we're even.

"It's a very evenly matched fight, and I think that this is my chance to prove that to a lot of people that are doubting me."
Hardy is undefeated in three trips to the octagon, but two of those wins have come via split decision. Meanwhile, Swick is 9-1 in the UFC and is riding back-to-back TKO wins.

Link

Post #1   11/14/09 1:29:17PM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,747-1,230
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
Wow, Hardy has one tough chin... Good to see he shut Swick up too. But as much as a mark I am for Hardy, is he really ready for GSP? I think not.

Post #2   11/14/09 5:18:53PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by snakeplissken

Wow, Hardy has one tough chin... Good to see he shut Swick up too. But as much as a mark I am for Hardy, is he really ready for GSP? I think not.

No doubt Hardy put in an impressive performance against Mike 'not as quick' Swick, but GSP will eat him alive.

Post #3   11/14/09 6:50:10PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
Dan Hardy showed he had the power to knock Swick out but didn't show he had the skill to fight GSP.

If he would have handled Swick and thrown him around a bit. Made Swick fight his fight then maybe I could see why he would deserve a shot at GSP.

IMO, he should have rolled over Swick the way the fight went but Swick made him fight HIS fight and it went to the decision.

Post #4   11/17/09 7:53:25PM