Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White predicts retired "Rampage" Jackson will be back in UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Despite the duo's public feud and the fighter's claims that he's entered retirement and is "done fighting," UFC president Dana White isn't closing the door on Quinton "Rampage" Jackson making a return to the octagon.

In fact, White expects him to return to the UFC soon.

Jackson, who's had an embarrassing run as a coach on the current 10th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" after rival coach Rashad Evans won seven of the eight opening-round matchups, announced his retirement on Sept. 22.

Prior to that declaration, though, Jackson accepted a role as B.A. Baracus, which was first played on the small screen by Mr. T, in an upcoming Hollywood remake of the 1980s action-adventure series. Filming for the role meant the highly anticipated (and thoroughly promoted) fight between Jackson and Evans was pulled from December's UFC 107 fight card in Memphis.

Link

Post #1   11/14/09 1:56:05AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Of course he will. The guy is not going to make a living as an actor. He might land a handful of comedy roles, but I think he's going to find out that acting in movies isn't the same as acting goofy in font of a camera in an interview.

Post #2   11/14/09 3:37:08AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think he will too
i think he will fight by the end of the summer against rashad evans
watching the tuf should motivate him again why he chose to fight rashad and not for the belt

Post #3   11/14/09 11:14:30AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
They all come back eventually.

Post #4   11/14/09 12:39:08PM   

JiuJitsuDude

Learning to Sprawl

Career:13-14
Chips:
Like they said..I think rampage just reacted too quickly when he lost the fights on ultimate fighter...the way he destoryed that door....I respect him as a fighter, I always pull for him when he fights,but on the ultimate fighter all he did was joke around and make fun of "titties". Rampage might not like to lose, but that's also part of fight as well. And when his fighter lost...he didn't go up to him and uplift that fighter from that loss...rampage walked away from the cage pissed. And from what i hear...Rampage doesn't train all the time like other fighters do....but when its like a month from the fight, that's when he does the training....but he will be back!!!! I hope!

Last edited 11/30/09 9:11AM server time by JiuJitsuDude
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   11/30/09 9:08:06AM