Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brock Lesnar Would Smash Fedor

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by NeaRMisS

Posted by Giant_Ochai

MMA fans sure are hypocrites. A year ago Brock was a pro wrestler and now he'll crush Fedor. What a joke.

Yea gotta love how people instantly think Brock is a nobody that did WWE/WWF so he sucks. What a complete one fing eighty.

Regardless of if this fight happens, it will be a great fight. Thats all that matters to me. One thing people need to remember though is we haven't seen Brock take a real shot in the face yet. I am still wanting to see that ^_^.

One year ago Brock Beat Randy Couture!

Post #31   11/10/09 5:19:41PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Dana says "Fedor couldnt beat this guy." (edit: photo is missing from quote, page 2 for photo)

Dana is a business man, he is defending his business... (I would expect nothing less from his comments)
We see MMA as a sport, Dana see's dollar signs.

I dont know how the B v F fight would turn out, if brock got a dominant position (and could maintain it) Fedor could not survive for long taking those Gorilla Punches. But Fedor has the power to KO and the skills to submit Brock at any time.

Either way the underdog in this fight is worth playin some money on

Last edited 11/10/09 5:36PM server time by cwb
Edit note/reason: Damn Quote

Post #32   11/10/09 5:34:45PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sorry Dana......but in Fedor we trust!

Post #33   11/10/09 7:20:08PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I can see why Dana says stuff like this,but for heavens sake's don't insult the hardcore MMA fans Dana.
You're basing off what Rogers did with one punch in comparison to what Brock would do to Fedor?
Fujita almost knocked Fedor out.Kevin Randleman almost snapped his neck in half.Mark Hunt almost got a submission on him.
Arloski was definently the aggresor against Fedor.
Rogers broke his nose with one punch.
Yet Fedor managed to win all those fights.

I'm not saying Brock couldn't beat Fedor,but Dana's argument for why Brock would do it is laughable.It's really not even a well thought out opinion,just a quick snippet of him promoting his HW champ.

Post #34   11/10/09 8:09:27PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
Fedors passion is sambo he uses it to beat all his opponents from his looping straight casting punch, to his ground game submissions he'd find a way to put Brock away. 2 more fights on his M-1 contract i think and we'll see him in UFC!

Post #35   11/10/09 9:08:17PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I'm taking nothing away from Fedor here, he's a damn good fighter, but if he were to be put in the octagon against Lesnar it would be over. Fedor has fought and beat big huge freaks before, but any with skill like Lesnar? No. Lesnar is the biggest guy who actually has a skill set that can make him very successful in MMA. Fedor is NOT a big guy. If he were to get cracked by Lesnar with one of those bowling ball fists it would do a lot more than Rogers punches. I mean Jesus, I know everyone loves Fedor on this site but we gotta be realistic. The older, smaller, weaker guy loses this one. Rogers had Fedor against the cage looking confused, imagine what a guy like Lesnar would do. He would maul Fedor, and finish him off in the third.

Post #36   11/11/09 5:47:50PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I'm taking nothing away from Fedor here, he's a damn good fighter, but if he were to be put in the octagon against Lesnar it would be over. Fedor has fought and beat big huge freaks before, but any with skill like Lesnar? No. Lesnar is the biggest guy who actually has a skill set that can make him very successful in MMA. Fedor is NOT a big guy. If he were to get cracked by Lesnar with one of those bowling ball fists it would do a lot more than Rogers punches. I mean Jesus, I know everyone loves Fedor on this site but we gotta be realistic. The older, smaller, weaker guy loses this one. Rogers had Fedor against the cage looking confused, imagine what a guy like Lesnar would do. He would maul Fedor, and finish him off in the third.

What makes you think those bowling ball fists would connect? He's slow and has terrible stand up, he only hit randy by default since Randy is so slow now. How would Brock deal with getting hit with that skud missile Fedor calls a right is a more appropriate question IMO.

Post #37   11/11/09 6:18:23PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Boo_Radley21

What makes you think those bowling ball fists would connect? He's slow and has terrible stand up, he only hit randy by default since Randy is so slow now. How would Brock deal with getting hit with that skud missile Fedor calls a right is a more appropriate question IMO.

How would Fedor deal with a huge mother ****** laying on top of him cracking him in the face? Fedor's hand is tiny compared to brocks head, it wouldn't do as much as compared to other opponents.

Post #38   11/11/09 6:43:00PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

How would Fedor deal with a huge mother ****** laying on top of him cracking him in the face? Fedor's hand is tiny compared to brocks head, it wouldn't do as much as compared to other opponents.

Huge head or not, Fedor can knock Brock out. Whether or not he would is the question. He's a huge guy with a ton of atheletic ability and skill, but to suggest that Brock cannot be KO'ed by the badest man on the planet is a little much.

Post #39   11/11/09 8:05:23PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Fedor is NOT a big guy. If he were to get cracked by Lesnar with one of those bowling ball fists it would do a lot more than Rogers punches.

Rogers has HUGE power. I don't think Lesnar punches that much harder than Rogers, I'm not even sure if he does hit harder than Rogers at all.. Plus, I think Brett has the better striking of the two.
However, Lesnar would be better in top position than Rogers, and be better with take downs & TDD.

Post #40   11/11/09 8:22:19PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Lesnar doesnt have one KO punch power. He hasn't spent his time KO'ing people with one punch with either hand. Most of his fights he overpowers the other fighter and uses his strenght on the ground to GNP them out. That's good. But it's not like Carwin's power or Roger's power where one punch and it's lights out. Couture got dazed and then TKO'd when the back of his head got hit when he ducked a shot. Mir just got dazed and overpower. Both of those guys have questionable chins since they both have had to deal with brutal KO's in the past. Lidell put Coture to sleep. Even Vera put Mir to sleep--both smaller guys. No, I would say that Rogers punching power is much greater--as is Carwin's. Fedor's is greater than both and what we DO know is that when he gets hit or even hurt he doesn't fade, topple, or crack...he attacks and visciously finishes his opponent. That's deep.

BTw, I never saw Fedor 'confused' on the fence. Rogers laying up against him on the fence didn't hurt him or control the fight---just the pace of it and the distance. Fedor was the one that went for submissions and had takedowns---not Rogers, don't get confused.

None of that means that Lesnar "couldn't" beat Carwin, Rogers, or Fedor. It just means that I don't think he has as much power as any of them. I think they all punch harder than him, but what is unmistakeable is that if you give up too much, brock's outstanding wrestling will lead to you being taken down and top position. He's that good in wrestling. Only Coture really neutralized that and had him tired.

Post #41   11/13/09 3:43:00PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Oh ok, well in that case why even fight, we'll just start measuring hands... Come on, really? Fedor spars with Aleks, he's been kicked in the head by Cro Cop, nadda. Brock would get on top forrrr sure, but then what, every time he trows a punch he's leaving an opening for one of if not theeee best mma submission artist. Every time Rogers moved Fedor had something, everytime anyone moves Fedor has something.

Post #42   11/13/09 5:05:35PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3