Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Would Smash Fedor

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by NeaRMisS

Posted by Giant_Ochai

MMA fans sure are hypocrites. A year ago Brock was a pro wrestler and now he'll crush Fedor. What a joke.

Yea gotta love how people instantly think Brock is a nobody that did WWE/WWF so he sucks. What a complete one fing eighty.

Regardless of if this fight happens, it will be a great fight. Thats all that matters to me. One thing people need to remember though is we haven't seen Brock take a real shot in the face yet. I am still wanting to see that ^_^.

Kind of a huge generalization there. There were quite a few educated MMA fans who were well aware that Brock is a massive man and a legitimate NCAA champion who could pose a big threat with his wrestling and size. I know that I was defending him quite a bit back then, as were plenty of other respected playground members.

Post #16   11/10/09 1:55:32PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
I think dana would get way more respect if he'd just be honest. He can say the believes lesnar wins but why not give props to rogers and fedor, it's doesn't hurt his org. That doesn't make people quit watching the ufc.

he should be saying he'd love to get fedor into the octagon because he thinks lesnar and fedor would be such an interesting match up.

success for other orgs doesn't hurt the ufc it helps the sport grow which is good for the ufc since the are by far the biggest.

it's like coffee....when starbucks took off it didn't put little coffee shops out of business. The over all amount of coffee consumed increased and other little shops grew as well.

Post #17   11/10/09 1:55:53PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,361-1,266
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I knew Dana would rip Strikeforce after Rogers roughed up Fedor. Funny thing is if Fedor crushed Rogers in the first round then Dana would be saying Fedor is fighting nobodys. I know that is what he is basically saying in this case but Dana just needs to stay quiet for once. I don't know who I would go with if Fedor and Brock fought. They both have a lot of positive attributes that could win them the fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #18   11/10/09 2:18:38PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I figured that, by now, everyone would realize that this is all about publicity. All eyes are on Strikeforce right now. Of course Dana's going to chime in and bash the competition.

Post #19   11/10/09 2:26:20PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Fedor! Fedor! Fedor!

Every time I watch him fight I end up like this at the end

He always wins somehow no matter what skill he is up against. I could never bet against him, not until I see him lose with my own eyes. Brock has a chance but I would have said that about Nog, CroCop, Rogers, Randleman after that suplex The list goes on and on and on.

Fedor is the real deal, the man knows no fear I have never even seen him phazed by an opponent.

Post #20   11/10/09 2:27:16PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
I know it's not what he said.. but the thought of Frank Mir vs. Fedor literally makes me cringe. That would be one of the most 1 sided brutal beatings in MMA history. Brock vs Mir 2 would look like a disney movie in comparison.

Post #21   11/10/09 2:34:03PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #22   11/10/09 3:15:47PM   

Stills79

MMA Regular

Stills79 Avatar

Career:140-82
Chips:
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Fedor is fighting Werdum next for another fight that will add nothing to his legacy besides for him winning a fight he's supposed to win. Fedor is irrelevant until he steps out of the minor leagues and gets back in the major's. By the time he does this, I feel we will have already missed a prime Fedor vs top competition.

Post #23   11/10/09 3:18:25PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Why does anyone even pay attention to what Dana says anymore? It's not a complicated formula---if you are not FOR him you are against him. If you don't do what he wants, you are garbage. Ask Tito, Randy, Fitch, Rampage, and on and on. Do what he wants, when he wants, you are golden. If you don't he'll spout off about how stupid you are, how much of a baby, and any insult he figures can needle the guy he's talking about. Dana WANTS Fedor BADLY and can't get him. So, he has to trash him and downplay him until he gets him. When he does, you will see so much Pride and Affliction footage of Fedor it will make your head spin.

Post #24   11/10/09 3:23:02PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Stills79

Fedor is irrelevant

You can't be serious.

Post #25   11/10/09 3:23:15PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stills79

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Fedor is fighting Werdum next for another fight that will add nothing to his legacy besides for him winning a fight he's supposed to win. Fedor is irrelevant until he steps out of the minor leagues and gets back in the major's. By the time he does this, I feel we will have already missed a prime Fedor vs top competition.

I would put Rogers against EVERy heavy in the UFC except Brock, Cain, Noguira. He is questionable against the top wrestlers but he has spent some time wrestling with Brock. I hear he is good on the ground although much better striking. Nothing made me change my mind about that when he fought Fedor. He could smash Mir and most of the other heavies in that depleted field IMO. We won't get to see that right now, but dude has very heavy hands and until this fight never showed a bad chin. But with a guy like Fedor, who has SOOO many 1st round subs, KO's and TKO's and finishes fights ferociously, how can you down him?

Post #26   11/10/09 3:27:05PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Chips:
I will say this....all this proves is that people actually WANT and are HUNGRY to see Brock v. Fedor for a number of reasons. Some because they hate Fedor. Some because they LOVE Fedor. Some because they LOVE Brock...probably more because they hate him.

Post #27   11/10/09 3:28:30PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
There are several UFC fighters that could pose a threat and have fair chances of beating Fedor. I like Carwins chances more then Lesnars for sure; However Dana's comments only makes everyone want to attack the fighters that he mentions and say they would get smashed. I've been a fan of Fedor for a long time and yes he always seems to find a way to win, but to count out the top 5 or so in the UFC would just be bais. There are still several matches in SF that I am interested in seeing against Fedor that will be great fights, Overeem, Werdum (but I really wasn't impressed with him on sat.), Mousasi (would love to see him bulk back up to HW, that would be a great fight) and even a rematch with Rogers would be great. I'd just like to see him fight more often, but with his hand broke, i'm sure that will put him out atleast 6 months now

Post #28   11/10/09 3:39:18PM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,743-1,207
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
No way Brock would smash Fedor. Thats classic Dana talk. We should all be used to it by now.

Post #29   11/10/09 4:48:21PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Stills79

LOL, someone's been drinking Dana White's Kool-Ade

Post #30   11/10/09 4:49:27PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3