Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Would Smash Fedor

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Yes, that once again is Dana White taking shots at that "rinky-dink Strikeforce". He thinks CBS would be out of their minds to put SF back on the air after Saturday and, on Fedor (and apparently Brett Rogers too), adds "The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers? It’s time to bring [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head.”

Article

Post #1   11/10/09 10:50:00AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I can see why one might think that Brock would smash Fedor.
I may even be persuaded to believe it myself.....but I haven't yet been convinced.
Fedor just wins.
It's what he does.
He wins.

Post #2   11/10/09 10:52:57AM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I hate to piss on ur dreams Dana, but it would never happen...Not bashing by saying this, Im not trying to be a jerk, but it wouldn't happen.....

Post #3   11/10/09 11:55:01AM   

dreius

Learning to Sprawl

Career:82-53
Chips:
During the Rogers and Fedor fight i was thinking to myself that with Brock's wrestling ability and strength he might actually be able to beat Fedor. However, whenever someone puts together what looks like the game plan to beat Fedor, Fedor still wins.

I have no issues with Dana saying stuff like this because it would be stupid for him to start saying things like "Oh yeah Fedor is awesome and I think he would smash Brock Lesnar who is our heavyweight champion".

So I have no issues with Dana promoting his own organization (it would be stupid to promote some other organization) and I might even be willing to bet on Brock if he ever gets to fight Fedor (probably won't happen), but if (and probably when) Fedor beats Brock I wouldn't be that surprised.

Post #4   11/10/09 12:14:35PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,023-1,136
Chips:
HA!

Post #5   11/10/09 12:38:12PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Yeah I mean, I wouldn't write Brock off by any means. His combination of size and wrestling is dangerous for anyone, but I think Randy exposed him a little bit in the first round of their fight. Granted randy is an olympic level wrestler, but I think he showed that Brock's wrestling isn't as good as his size and credentials indicate within MMA, and Fedor's multiple world championships in Sambo put his wrestling ability pretty high up there. Combine that with his ability to pull armbars out of a hat and he's pretty dangerous to Brock on the ground.

If someone could do it, I would probably pick Brock to be the one, but I'm not convinced yet either. His striking is also really, really bad. I would like to see Fedor prove all of Dana's comments wrong, but the longer he waits the more dangerous Brock will become, and Fedor gets older like everyone else.

Last edited 11/10/09 12:40PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   11/10/09 12:39:42PM   

JimmyRaye

Learning to Sprawl

JimmyRaye Avatar

Career:2,063-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I'm sick of anyone in general talking about this and that guy would beat Fedor. He's really never lost... And until he does keep talking about it. And as for Brock Lesnar... Why not just give him "big" Nogueira who i believe would beat Lesnar, then we could have the two best HW's in the world have a rematch ;) UFC will say Nogueira is the best HW out there if he beats Lesnar, it's whoever their champ is. Dana is such a DOUCHE BAG he just has to have everything his way and make you think if it ain't UFC it ain't as good. True MMA fans know the real truth!

FEDOR RULES

Post #7   11/10/09 12:39:55PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Fedor always finds a way to win when he is in a bad situation. This is a guy who got slammed on his head by Randleman and submitted him only moments later.

Though I do admit that you can find some vulnerabilities in Fedor's last performance. When Rogers was on top laying in the ground n' pound for instance. Fedor took the shots well but he might not be able to take those same shots from Brock Lesnar. Fedor shook him off with a quick arm bar transition, would he be able to do that to a guy with Lesnar's power and base? Possibly, but it certainly wouldn't be easy. Look at what Lesnar did to Frank Mir the second time. Frank is a very well respected black belt who is great off his back.

Dana is making it sound like Lesnar would be a heavy favorite. A lot of the playground considers Fedor a heavy favorite. Neither is the case. I agree that Fedor would likely find a way to win but you can't deny that Lesnar provides some unique challenges and a real danger to Fedor.

Post #8   11/10/09 12:54:36PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by JimmyRaye

I'm sick of anyone in general talking about this and that guy would beat Fedor. He's really never lost... And until he does keep talking about it.
FEDOR RULES

You're sick of anyone talking about it but you want people to keep talking about it?

Sorry, I just found that very funny.....

Post #9   11/10/09 12:59:02PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,229
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
i think either guy could win...fedor would have to play hit and escape and beat him in the standup..hard part is not gettin taken down by lesnar...the way to beat lesnar is to not let him take you to the ground where he is just way too strong...no matter what jitz skills you have..ie Frank Mir

he has to be knocked out...he doesnt have the best head movement. jsut need a good standup guy who can fight off and avoid the takedown long enough to hit him with the ko shot

Post #10   11/10/09 1:07:07PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
Make this fight happen!!!
I actually think Brock has a chance at beating Fedor after seeing the Rogers fight. If he (Rogers) could have controlled Fedor on the ground he could have done some damage. On the other hand Fedor could also KO brock or pull out a sub. Either way I wouldn't predict a fight between these two beasts going to the judges.
I would literally watch this fight on the edge of my seat

Post #11   11/10/09 1:07:55PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
MMA fans sure are hypocrites. A year ago Brock was a pro wrestler and now he'll crush Fedor. What a joke.

Last edited 11/10/09 1:37PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Profanity

Post #12   11/10/09 1:08:38PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

MMA fans sure are hypocrites. A year ago Brock was a pro wrestler and now he'll crush Fedor. What a joke.

Yea gotta love how people instantly think Brock is a nobody that did WWE/WWF so he sucks. What a complete one fing eighty.

Regardless of if this fight happens, it will be a great fight. Thats all that matters to me. One thing people need to remember though is we haven't seen Brock take a real shot in the face yet. I am still wanting to see that ^_^.

Last edited 11/10/09 1:37PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Profanity in Quote

Post #13   11/10/09 1:36:27PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Sorry Dana, Fedor is just to smart, to strong and just plain to good. Brett smashes Fedors face (One jab landed did that) and Fedor still drops the guy like a bad habit. Fedor is the "Russian Machine, That will Not Break." Get over it and if Brock can really do what you said he can do, then offer Fedor a 1 fight contract. What's to lose? Brock will beat him anyway

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #14   11/10/09 1:36:34PM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
Dana will continue to bash Fedor until Fedor signs with the UFC. Then Dana will magically change his opinion and Fedor will be the #1 P4P HW in the world again.

And honestly, I'd pick Brett Rogers over a lot of the top UFC HWs.

Post #15   11/10/09 1:40:36PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3