Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bigfoot “proud of the fight” against Werdum

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"I think both of us can be proud of the fight", Silva said, unhappy by letting the victory in judges’ hands. "I think that I won the first round, and I think that the second round was pretty close. I think he won the third round. I got tired, and I left it in the judges’ hands".

In the first round, Bigfoot almost got the TKO victory. "I was feeling very comfortable with my striking. I put him in trouble. I was feeling very good standing up game, so much so that I let him stand up", finished the Brazilian.

Link

Post #1   11/9/09 7:25:29PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
I was there in person. It was a good fight. However, the worrisome thing is that each time it went to the ground, the rookie Chicago ref looked like he wanted to stop the fight each time. The ref would quickly rush close to the two fighters on the ground and even extended his arms towards them a few times like he was about to call it. It's like he was a boxing ref who was confused by the ground game!

You'd think with Big John being in the house that night that he'd be casually preaching the WAMMA unified rules to anybody who would listen, including this crappy local ref!

Post #2   11/9/09 9:23:09PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,090-1,176
Chips:
He did ok i guess, he couldve won early on, and he shouldve been able to finish it off, for a lil while i thought werdum was done with. I see this as Silva loosing the fight and not Werdum winning a dominant fight.

Post #3   11/9/09 9:35:43PM