Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor's lean weight?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,498-923
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Why would he be able to easily lose 30 pounds when he's in his 30s and has been fighting for a decade without ever weighing that little?

Post #16   11/11/09 3:22:52PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

What do you disagree with?

Roy Nelson and Butterbean are poor analogy's.

These guys are huge fat, obese fighters, and tip near/over the 265lbs cut off mark of the heavyweight division. So even though they are very fat, they are still big heavyweights.

A Fat Fedor at 230, is still a small heavyweight. If he lost 30lbs, which he could easily do. He would be smaller than most light-heavys and some middleweights.

yes, but if Fedor and Roy both cut all of there fat I bet they would both be LHW or maybe even MW

Fedor is about 6' tall and Roy is about 6' tall, only difference between em is Roy has double the body fat.

Just because it is more likely that Fedor could cut the fat doesnt discount the fact that Roy is in the same boat as Fedor.

Again i get the point your making I just disagree...

Post #17   11/11/09 8:52:03PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I don't see how anyone can possibly use the Sobral and Arona fights as evidence that he wouldn't do as well at 205.

Those were the 4th and 7th fights of his career... That's like saying Anderson wouldn't do as well at welterweight because he got decisioned by Luiz Azeredo in Mecca. lol come on.

This is a totally different fighter from the guy who fought in RINGS. He was impressive in RINGS, but he was nowhere near the skill level that he is at now. 20-25 fights makes a pretty huge difference guys. That's a pretty weak argument. Do you think either of those guys would get out of the first round with him at this point?

If he were to cut to 205, which will never happen, I would pick him as the favourite against anyone. His Sambo alone would be enough to wreck 95% of LHWs. Can anyone think of a 205er that they would actually pick to beat Fedor?

The only person I can think of that would have a solid chance would be Anderson.

You hit the nail on the head brother. Fedor of now at 205 would be a complete wrecking machine!! He has crazy power in his hands! and No One in the LHW division would give him any trouble on the ground!

Post #18   11/13/09 10:04:05PM   

burialchamber

Standup Guy

burialchamber Avatar

Career:287-139
Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by burialchamber

Posted by tomp6581

Can you imagine GSP TKO'ing someone 40lbs heavier than him like Rampage? Crazy.

I agree with what you're saying. I am always impressed by Fedor's ability to take out much larger dudes.

But I just wanted to say, the 40 pound difference between Fedor's weight and Rogers' weight is only 17% of Fedor's total body mass. 17% of GSP's total body mass is about 31-32 pounds, so it would be like GSP taking out anybody who cuts from around 215.

So if he ever has to fight Anthony Johnson, it will be a similar weight difference as between Fedor and Rogers. (Actually, most people that have to fight AJ at welterweight will have that weight difference.)

Im sure GSP weights alot more than 182lbs before he starts to cut weight. But I take your point about keeping it proportional.

Everything I've read says he cuts about 10lbs for his fights.

Post #19   11/19/09 8:17:48AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2