Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Scott Coker says Strikeforce to announce two Heavyweight signings

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,906-2,697
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
one is arlovski which is weird since when he lost to brett they let him go

and second has to be lashley

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #16   11/9/09 7:43:34AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'm thinking maybe not Lashley because I don't see how he could be considered to be near the top of the division without having fought anyone anywhere near the top 20.

Definitely not Lashley for this reason. He's at the low end of the division based on level of competition fought.

Post #17   11/9/09 10:56:45AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Is Roger Gracie currently signed?

Post #18   11/9/09 11:16:47AM   

cecilpeoplesPOV

BANNED

cecilpeoplesPOV Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
i'll say kharitonov based on the fact that he has a fight coming up and he actually looks to be in decent shape, unlike what he looked like in the monson fight

Post #19   11/9/09 2:48:01PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,047-1,306
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by telnights

I don't understand why anyone wants to see Barnett fight. How many drug test do you have to fail before fans say enough is enough? When we support these types of actions and keep showing support time and time again it gives the fighter the wrong idea and other new comers a bad view of the sport. I honestly don't want any US based MMA org to sign Barnett . Who ever does it puts that org in a bad light and the sport in the US as well.

I want to see Barnett fight,because regardless of the steroids,I believe he is a good fighter.
But for that matter who knows how many fighters take them and don't get caught.
And how many get busted and perhaps didn't take anything illegal?
I still wonder about Royce taking them and wonder if Sherk was innocent considering how Xience had a product banned for trace amounts of illegal substances.And of course,Sherk was taking Xience products. (and possibly steroids as well)

I can't say I support steroid use,but I won't boycott a fighter for it either.

Last edited 11/9/09 3:01PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   11/9/09 2:57:13PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I won't boycott a fighter, either, if it was only his first time being caught.

Post #21   11/9/09 3:09:59PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

I won't boycott a fighter, either, if it was only his first time being caught.

I can't say I'm happy with the fact Barney got busted and ruined a great fight,but if he wants a small return for a long term price,it's his body.
I'm in no way trying to justify him using them,just to me personaly it doesn't bother me much.

Post #22   11/9/09 3:24:10PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I can't say I'm happy with the fact Barney got busted and ruined a great fight,but if he wants a small return for a long term price,it's his body.
I'm in no way trying to justify him using them,just to me personaly it doesn't bother me much.

That's only one aspect of it, though. You're right...it's his choice. But, as a fan, I feel cheated, personally. I spend money for these events. I support the company the fighter works for and ultimately I support the fighter.

I can't support a habitual cheater. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything. I'm just flabergasted that anyone *could* support a cheater after they've proven time and time again that they can't play by the rules.

Post #23   11/9/09 3:32:08PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

That's only one aspect of it, though. You're right...it's his choice. But, as a fan, I feel cheated, personally. I spend money for these events. I support the company the fighter works for and ultimately I support the fighter.

I can't support a habitual cheater. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything. I'm just flabergasted that anyone *could* support a cheater after they've proven time and time again that they can't play by the rules.

I guess I just have a weird outlook on things.
Personaly, I'm more angry with Rampage than I am Barnett

Post #24   11/9/09 3:36:47PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

i guess I just have a weird outlook on things.

Okay, now you really threw me for a loop...

Post #25   11/9/09 3:49:33PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:
Well.
(LOL) I make that a discussion for another day.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #26   11/9/09 7:52:34PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

i guess I just have a weird outlook on things.

Okay, now you really threw me for a loop...

hahahahahaha

Rampage walks away from his obligations, Barnett cheats his way out of fights
I dont know how to compare em

Back on Topic

I dont support Barnett for obvious reasons. But I believe that none of us would boycott a SF event if Barney was on the card. So the risks for SF signing him would not out weigh the benefits.

SF needs all the talent it can get, even blacklisted stars. (they already have a champ that wont defend for, what many believe, steroid use)

Post #27   11/9/09 9:44:47PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,462-806
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley
I want to see Barnett fight,because regardless of the steroids,I believe he is a good fighter.
I still wonder about Royce taking them and wonder if Sherk was innocent considering how Xience had a product banned for trace amounts of illegal substances.And of course,Sherk was taking Xience products. (and possibly steroids as well)

I'm one that likes to think most fighters don't use them because not only are they cheating the other fighters and the promotion but they are also cheating the fans and themselves. If a fighter gets busted once I think its a suspension and clear warning of don't do it again. But twice that clearly is saying I don't want to play fair and 3 times is a slap in the face of EVERYONE that helps and supports you. Not only does it hurt that fighters image (as it should) but the images of everyone involved and the sport. Its cheating no matter how you slice it. When your a pro fighter your body is your tool and as such its your job to make sure what your putting in to your body doesn't hurt your body or break the rules of your job. When its comes down to it how do we really know what kind of fighter Josh is.

There comes a point when its clear that person will always try to cheat to win. I think letting it go encourages Josh's actions and will just put a bad stain on the sport. I mean take a look at MLB. The image of baseball has forever been stained because of ignoring the problem. One of the greatest records in baseball is held by a guy that most fans agree cheated to get it. Do we really want that in MMA.

Last edited 11/9/09 11:54PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #28   11/9/09 11:51:35PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Clearly Josh needed to get "Mono" to cycle the steroids out of his system before that fight. Come on Josh, that's Bush league! Step up to the majors and get a calendar!! :)

Post #29   11/10/09 3:42:50PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by mrsmiley

I'm one that likes to think most fighters don't use them because not only are they cheating the other fighters and the promotion but they are also cheating the fans and themselves. If a fighter gets busted once I think its a suspension and clear warning of don't do it again. But twice that clearly is saying I don't want to play fair and 3 times is a slap in the face of EVERYONE that helps and supports you. Not only does it hurt that fighters image (as it should) but the images of everyone involved and the sport. Its cheating no matter how you slice it. When your a pro fighter your body is your tool and as such its your job to make sure what your putting in to your body doesn't hurt your body or break the rules of your job. When its comes down to it how do we really know what kind of fighter Josh is.

There comes a point when its clear that person will always try to cheat to win. I think letting it go encourages Josh's actions and will just put a bad stain on the sport. I mean take a look at MLB. The image of baseball has forever been stained because of ignoring the problem. One of the greatest records in baseball is held by a guy that most fans agree cheated to get it. Do we really want that in MMA.

One can make the argument one fighter is at a highter peak and the other isn't. I can see that.I understand that.
But I think were in a lot of denial if were going to say the majority of pro-athletes at one time or another haven't taken illegal substances in this day in age,or at least haven't been accused of it. I don't see it getting any better down the road either when we now hear about genetic inhancements that could be happening in the coming future and can't be as easily detected in an athelete.Not to mention over the counter suplements that get put on the black list. I think the situation will only become more complicated in the coming years.
I don't really disagree with you telenights. It's just,I think it's somewhat naive to believe MMA athletes are maintaining a purity other pro-athletes haven't. I'm not trying to accuse every fighter on the planet of using them,but I think the majority at sometime or another have.
But steroids alone don't make you a fighter.
Their's is still a lot of hard work that goes into getting to the top

Post #30   11/10/09 8:24:11PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2