Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jake Shields: Cung Le would rather vacate the title than fight me for it

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“Cung Le doesn’t want to fight me. That’s why he vacated the title only to come back a month later and fight again. You’ll have to ask Cung why he won’t fight me.”

Newly crowned Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Jake Shields takes at shot at Cung Le during the “Fedor vs. Rogers” post fight press conference on Nov. 7 from the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.

Link

Post #1   11/8/09 2:49:45AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I agree. Cung Le is a good striker but Shields would take him down at will and maul him

Post #2   11/8/09 3:49:51AM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,096-665
Chips:
Shields almost got choked out. 10 more seconds and it was over. I dont think Cung should be too scared of him

Post #3   11/8/09 3:55:06AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
and this is why I hate Jake Shields.

In Jake's mind everyone is afraid of him, but he will never go to the UFC to fight the actual top fighters in his division.

Last edited 11/8/09 3:59AM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/8/09 3:57:15AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Jake should test himself once his current contract is up and sign with the UFC, Where the WW and MW division would be able to handle his ground game. I mean Cmon, Half the UFC guys wouldnt be that easy to control. Props to Mayhem, But his is STILL not UFC calibur.

Post #5   11/8/09 4:04:15AM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:

Posted by SamPan

Shields almost got choked out. 10 more seconds and it was over. I dont think Cung should be too scared of him

Post #6   11/8/09 6:01:12AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,559-801
Chips:
jake would have no trouble submitting cung le

hes just talking **** in hope the it will entice cung

and he easily subbed daily who just took out a top contender in the ufc

Post #7   11/8/09 6:49:29AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Are you and Jake personal friends? Family maybe? You've been loving him up under every Shields related thread that's been created in the last 24 hours.

Jake Shields should be thankful he won the belt last night and shut up. Mayhem nearly had him choked out. Jake employed what is my least favorite strategy in all of sports to win the fight. Hold him on the cage, and do nothing. When I say nothing I mean just enough so the ref doesn't seperate you. Or take Mayhem down and do essentially the same thing. He did next to nothing with the takedowns last night, rarely even attempted to set up a submission, and his punches were weak. Miller looked annoyed more than anything. He was terrified to stand with Mayhem and it was obvious.

I hope someone comes along and blasts this guy into next year, but unfortunately I don't really see anyone in the MW or WW division at Strikeforce that will do it. Maybe Mayhem on another day. I'd love to see Shields fight Josh Koscheck.

Post #8   11/8/09 11:10:04AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Honestly jake wasnt that impressive vs miller. But i would see jake do the same vs cung le, stand for 10 seconds and then shoot for the rest of the fight.

Post #9   11/8/09 11:10:07AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Jake would rape Cung Le with ease.

Post #10   11/8/09 11:22:53AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,600-1,486
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
le just isnt a big fan of hugging...

Last edited 11/8/09 11:28AM server time by cowcatcher

Post #11   11/8/09 11:28:05AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,850-1,567
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by mentalcase

Are you and Jake personal friends? Family maybe? You've been loving him up under every Shields related thread that's been created in the last 24 hours.

Jake Shields should be thankful he won the belt last night and shut up. Mayhem nearly had him choked out. Jake employed what is my least favorite strategy in all of sports to win the fight. Hold him on the cage, and do nothing. When I say nothing I mean just enough so the ref doesn't seperate you. Or take Mayhem down and do essentially the same thing. He did next to nothing with the takedowns last night, rarely even attempted to set up a submission, and his punches were weak. Miller looked annoyed more than anything. He was terrified to stand with Mayhem and it was obvious.

I hope someone comes along and blasts this guy into next year, but unfortunately I don't really see anyone in the MW or WW division at Strikeforce that will do it. Maybe Mayhem on another day. I'd love to see Shields fight Josh Koscheck.

You sound a little bitter my friend Shields put on a clinic dude went from mount to the back more times then I remember and your right about Mayhem almost having him choked out, but almost only counts in horse shoes and hand granades.

Last edited 11/8/09 1:11PM server time by sparky

Post #12   11/8/09 1:10:36PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by RyanC

Posted by mentalcase

You sound a little bitter my friend Shields put on a clinic dude went from mount to the back more times then I remember and your right about Mayhem almost having him choked out, but almost only counts in horse shoes and hand granades.

I don't think I would call anything I saw in that fight a "clinic". Jake was only out wrestling Mayhem and he was only modeerately successful as Jason's take downs were much more spectacular than Jake's lackluster and repetitive take downs. Shields came in with a game plan and executed it, congratulations on an extremely boring win.

Post #13   11/8/09 2:05:29PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,266-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by fizzle

Posted by sparky

Posted by RyanC

Posted by mentalcase

I don't think I would call anything I saw in that fight a "clinic". Jake was only out wrestling Mayhem and he was only modeerately successful as Jason's take downs were much more spectacular than Jake's lackluster and repetitive take downs. Shields came in with a game plan and executed it, congratulations on an extremely boring win.

gotta agree.

all i saw shields doing was transitoning.no punishment to miller at all.while i knew sheilds was going to win this fight.i was still rooting for miller.atleast miller actually tried a RNC.instead of just going back and forth with taking the back and mount.totally boring

Post #14   11/8/09 2:42:55PM   

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:
Jake Shields can talk and say this all he wants..

But we all know for a fact that he wont stand with Cung.

He wouldnt even stand with Mayhem.

Post #15   11/8/09 2:46:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2