Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WAMMA Sanctions Fedor-Rogers Fight, To Unveil New Title Belt

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Well, it turns out WAMMA isn't dead like we thought it might be. In a press release Thursday, The World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA), announced it will sanction the STRIKEFORCE and M-1 Global fight between undisputed WAMMA reigning heavyweight champion Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko and undefeated challenger, Brett “The Grim” Rogers, which will air live on CBS tonight In addition to sanctioning the main event, WAMMA will also be unveiling a new design for the championship belt, and a new logo, which will be featured on the fight surface during the live telecast.

.Article

Post #1   11/7/09 8:12:02AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I have been waiting my whole life for this!!!1

Post #2   11/7/09 9:38:13AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I have been waiting my whole life for this!!!1

Post #3   11/7/09 10:54:47AM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
wamma is a good idea but it doesnt work if u dont include the top organization in the world. I dont get why there even putting the belt on the line when its only gunna be 3 rds and doing it at the last minute. very unprofessional hope they hurry up and go away

Post #4   11/7/09 11:22:27AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,380
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i really don't like wamma
i am glad ufc is not involved in it

Post #5   11/7/09 11:54:04AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,436-789
Chips:

WAMMA will also be unveiling a new design for the championship belt, and a new logo, which will be featured on the fight surface during the live telecast.

It cant be any uglier than the first one.

Am I the only one that thinks WAMMA is nothing but a joke and a scheme for some third party jerks to make money.

Post #6   11/7/09 12:14:25PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
i understand shinya aoki is their LW champ, but did he ever get a belt?

Post #7   11/7/09 12:49:50PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Am I the only one who thinks that Scott Coker didn't learn any lessons from the collapses of Elite XC and Affliction? Who cares if WAMMA sanctions this fight? F*uck it... I hereby announce that I sanction this fight as well although I'm not a governing body, have no control over anything but my subjective rankings, and also don't have the cooperation of the leading MMA promotion. I will call it URMAMA, Universally Recognized Martial Arts-Mixed Association.
"Fedor’s manager and M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelchtein said
“Recognizing Fedor as the undisputed WAMMA heavyweight champion means that Fedor is the world champion wherever and whenever he fights.” -Wasn't Fedor recognized as the WAMMA champ before all the rats started jumping ship? Maybe Tom Atencio can answer that...
"In addition to sanctioning the main event, WAMMA will also be unveiling a new design for the championship belt, and a new logo, which will be featured on the fight surface during the live telecast" -You can sprinkle glitter on a turd, but it's still a smelly piece of s**t..
“This is another sign of WAMMA’s new direction and continued commitment to moving the sport of MMA forward,” said Falzon. “We remain open to working with all promotions at all levels of MMA, so long as it is to the benefit of the sport.” No this is a ploy to disassociate itself from WAMMA 1.0. Thier package is the same, only the wrapping has changed. Of course they look forward to working with any promotion. As a parasite, you need a host body.
Until WAMMA does some serious lobbying for legalization of MMA and not just picking up Ratners scraps, they do nothing for the advancement of MMA.

-OUT-

Post #8   11/7/09 12:50:50PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,436-789
Chips:

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Am I the only one who thinks that Scott Coker didn't learn any lessons from the collapses of Elite XC and Affliction? Who cares if WAMMA sanctions this fight? F*uck it... I hereby announce that I sanction this fight as well although I'm not a governing body, have no control over anything but my subjective rankings, and also don't have the cooperation of the leading MMA promotion. I will call it URMAMA, Universally Recognized Martial Arts-Mixed Association.

URMAMA

Post #9   11/7/09 2:36:05PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by StriderXero

i understand shinya aoki is their LW champ, but did he ever get a belt?

Yes, but it was what seems like a long time ago (I think it was at last year's NYE blowout show in Japan) and, to the best of my knowledge, he has never defended it. At least one planned defense fell through, probably was to have been the Hansen fight in DREAM.

Post #10   11/7/09 3:00:55PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Go away WAMMA, no one cares about your BS...

Post #11   11/7/09 3:41:21PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Coker should have said I don't care what WAMA does that belt will not change hands in the middle of my ring. Fedor can Dawn it on the way to the ring if he would like but there will be no offical passing of the belt if Bret wins the fight. Allister Oveerem is the Strikeforce HW Champ and until he is beat no titles will change hands in the center of my ring. Gotta protect your Champ IMO. Remeber Fedor isn't even your fighter. Bad business to undermind your own title.

Post #12   11/7/09 4:25:44PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
at the very beginning of WAMMA i thought hey, thats cool, and will help the sports uprising promotions. But now, omg I had no clue they still existed. they have done nothing, will do nothing, and have no impact on the sport. So they made a belt, big whoop. There rankings system is the most flawed ranking system in the world. anyone who has Shinya ranked #1 at LW is a fool. and having Eddie Alvarez 2nd? I love the guy and hes ona my favorites, but come on, they have him ranked higher than Diego. And also having Gegard ranked 4, which I do think he has the talent to be Top 5 even Top 3, but in my memory he has only fought at LHW. I mean figure it out.

This was a association built for the hardcore fans, and as we can see it FAILED

Post #13   11/7/09 4:38:01PM   

dangerfield

MMA Regular

dangerfield Avatar

Career:385-223
Chips:
Phew! Thank god its WAMMA sanctioned, I just had a dream - nay - a nightmare, that the fight would be canceled. That no fight would go ahead, or worse, that the WAMMA belt would go undefended.

Could you imagine, the most sought after title in all of MMA, not being defended?!

This is not merely a Strikeforce title, no flimsy UFC belt, this is the entire WORLD!!!

Before this announcement my interest was merely passing. As you can imagine, that has all changed now.

Post #14   11/7/09 5:15:33PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
oh, thank God. I was worried this wasn't going to be a legitimate bout. Thank you WAMMA.

Post #15   11/7/09 6:30:12PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2