Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Not Fighting Shane Carwin At UFC 108

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
so what will be the main event now for 108? No silva/belfort, no carwin/lesnar.

Will it be Big Nog/Cain?

Post #16   11/5/09 11:08:13AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I mean... if he has mono and is really incapable of training thats one thing... but as far as I've seen it hasn't been confirmed that he has mono. I heard some say they think it might be H1N1 and some say they think it might be mono but neither is confirmed.

My concern is that he is using this as an excuse to postpone the fight. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it but it just seems like a rather long absence considering the lack of injury or medical diagnosis.

Post #17   11/5/09 1:17:06PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Brock won the belt from Randy and defended against Mir already. His last fight (defending the belt) was only 4 1/2 months ago. That isn't nearly long enough to state that he isn't willing/able to defend his belt. He is talking about a defense by Feb to March timeframe, that would only be 7 or so months since his last title defense. Although not as rapid as some prefer, it's not like he pulled the crap we all see in the SF Champs, Cung Le and Overeem were clear examples of not being willing/able to defend their titles. While Cung Le has taken the right path (IMO) Overeem has yet to relinquish his title. Lame! I think that Fedor/Rogers should be for the interim title at least if not for the title in whole. Let Overeem fight or just leave the Org! [/QUOTE

right, when was the last time gsp fought, and there isn't one on the horizon either.

Post #18   11/5/09 1:31:13PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I mean... if he has mono and is really incapable of training thats one thing... but as far as I've seen it hasn't been confirmed that he has mono. I heard some say they think it might be H1N1 and some say they think it might be mono but neither is confirmed.

My concern is that he is using this as an excuse to postpone the fight. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it but it just seems like a rather long absence considering the lack of injury or medical diagnosis.

You a doctor? In fact, are you Lesnar's personal doctor? Your conspiracy theory is absurd.

edited for using an incorrect version of a word

Last edited 11/5/09 4:43PM server time by Giant_Ochai
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   11/5/09 2:17:33PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,207-1,505
Chips:
I had Mono as a teen. It was one of the worst sicknesses I have ever had. Dizzy, tired, sore body and horribly sore throat. Every time you swallow it is an excruciating ordeal...BUT...I was only sick for about a week. Not sure what is going on with the Champ. Understandably he wants to fight Carwin at 100%...because Carwin is going to knock his head off.

Post #20   11/5/09 3:07:51PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I had Mono as a teen. It was one of the worst sicknesses I have ever had. Dizzy, tired, sore body and horribly sore throat. Every time you swallow it is an excruciating ordeal...BUT...I was only sick for about a week. Not sure what is going on with the Champ. Understandably he wants to fight Carwin at 100%...because Carwin is going to knock his head off.

Only a week? You're very lucky. It usually is 1 month +. I had it as a kid too......fought through it contunuing to play hockey (went undiagnosed until I got hit) and following was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced.....a bruised spleen. Which subsequently hospitalized me and led to my mono diagnosis.... and over a month on the shelf.

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhealth/healthgate/getcontent.asp?URLhealthgate=11667.html

Last edited 11/5/09 3:29PM server time by crushedbacon
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   11/5/09 3:27:05PM   

Stills79

MMA Regular

Stills79 Avatar

Career:140-82
Chips:
He has Mono not swine flu. I can tell you from experience it sucks! Your energy is litterally sucked out of you. No way he could train right now. Mono can stay with you for a month.

Post #22   11/5/09 6:30:21PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Bum deal for al parties involved. Sucks for Shane the most though. Does he wait or fight and he isnt getting anyyounger ya know. I just hope it happens by late feb.

Post #23   11/5/09 7:35:37PM   

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:
They need to give Shane a new fight for the interim belt.

Post #24   11/5/09 9:37:45PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by bjj1605

You a doctor? In fact, are you Lesnar's personal doctor? Your conspiracy theory is absurd.

edited for using an incorrect version of a word

Ok there are so many things wrong with this post. First, For all you know I could be a doctor. Second, I am entitled to my opinion and don't much appreciate it being referred to as a conspiracy theory. Third, are you a doctor?

It is very reasonable for me to question the validity of his absence. As I mentioned the illness is as of yet undisclosed. Do I know if it has been diagnosed? Nope. Does it make a difference? Nope. If it hasn't been diagnosed then he is dropping out of two fights because he simply doesn't feel good. If it is that bad he needs to see a doctor and get a diagnosis. If it has been diagnosed and he hasn't disclosed the diagnosis, it can't really be that bad. Would he tell the media the diagnosis if it was a mere cold and could make him look bad? If it was a serious enough illness, such as mono, why wouldn't he say so and erase questions of legitimacy?

Maybe he is being unreasonable. Maybe he has been diagnosed with a serious illness and decided irrationally to keep the information secret. But I have every right to be suspicious and Shane Carwin has every right to be angry.

As the champ he has responsibilities, one of those is having a valid reason for dropping out of fights. I'm not sure that he has provided a definitively valid reason. Hence why I said it is unprofessional.

You could easily make an argument for an interim belt if he does not disclose more information soon.

Post #25   11/5/09 10:22:03PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Brock Has Mono

Post #26   11/6/09 2:07:56PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2