Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce CEO predicts "Fedor vs. Rogers" sell-out

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"When you have an opportunity to do a co-promotion with M-1 and sign the No. 1 heavyweight in the world, we sat down and we talked about it, and I think it works for everybody," Coker said. "Believe me, it's something that if you compare us to the other companies that have gone out of business, I really don't think it's justice. The other companies, that wasn't their core business.

"We're not a T-shirt company; we're not a gambling company. This is our core competency, and this is what we've done for many years – over two decades now. To take it to this level, we're very proud and honored to have Fedor fight and do the co-promotion with M-1 and be on CBS."

Emelianenko meets undefeated slugger Brett Rogers (10-0) in the main event of "Fedor vs. Rogers" on Nov. 7 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill. Rumors of slow ticket sales have been slowly trickling through the MMA community, but Coker today said he was expecting a sell-out.

*man i do hope this turns out to be a great card..

Link

Post #1   11/2/09 9:53:01PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
good read.

i really think this is going to be a breakout show for Strikeforce

Post #2   11/2/09 11:29:01PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
It is going to be quite a task to make a star out of the most personalityless human being on the planet. I just don't see casual american MMA fans rooting for an icy, stoic, russian dude that has the physique of my dad.

That being said, if you can get them to watch the guy just once people might fall in love with his superhuman abilities.

I think Rogers is a good matchup for marketing Fedor because the casual fan is going to look at this huge, brash, monster of a man and think that Fedor should get stomped. Once he does the stomping people might just want to see him again.

Post #3   11/2/09 11:59:08PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
What happens to Strikeforce if Fedor loses.

Post #4   11/3/09 1:13:29AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by IriShame

It is going to be quite a task to make a star out of the most personalityless human being on the planet. I just don't see casual american MMA fans rooting for an icy, stoic, russian dude that has the physique of my dad.

That being said, if you can get them to watch the guy just once people might fall in love with his superhuman abilities.

I think Rogers is a good matchup for marketing Fedor because the casual fan is going to look at this huge, brash, monster of a man and think that Fedor should get stomped. Once he does the stomping people might just want to see him again.

he's a russian killer..how can you not promote that..even when people didn't know who he was before he came to affliction..and saw him put away to two HW's..and just like now..it's free on t.v. why won't you turn in just to watch..and plus their gonna keep airin shows on t.v..and even if your not a hardcore mma fan..more viewers on cbs means more money..cause it's free t.v.

Post #5   11/3/09 9:12:26AM