Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Good Things To Come For Ryan Bader

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Undefeated UFC light heavyweight Ryan Bader (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) continues to improve with each performance in the octagon, and his UFC 104 win over Eric Schafer (11-4-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) was no exception.

But while "The Ultimate Fighter 8" winner's wrestling prowess and physical tools are an obvious asset, Bader recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) his mind may finally be catching up with his body.

"I felt this time I got in there, and I was relaxed," Bader said. "I think it's a good sign if I continue to do that in my next fight. I think this fight allowed me to turn a corner in my career."

If Bader was feeling nervous before his previous wins over Carmelo Marrero or Vinny Magalhaes, it hardly showed. But the Arizona Combat Sports product said there was a definite difference in his mental state during his most recent contest.

Link

Post #1   10/31/09 4:26:56PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,069-642
Chips:
I was thinking the opposite. Everytime he went in for the kill he gassed himself. Schafer was much calmer. I like Bader but I wasnt so impressed with that fight.

Post #2   10/31/09 6:26:06PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
This kid continues to evolve as an MMA fighter and learnes with everyfight! Schaffer is a very game opponent and Bader dominated him for most of the fight. He is still very green and will lose, but that will also be a learning experience. I am invisioning a Bader vs Hamill in the near future. That would be a barnburner!!!!

Post #3   10/31/09 9:01:59PM