Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pedro Rizzo reflects on career turning point

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Pedro Rizzo was a big name in the early years of mixed martial arts, feared by opponents and loved by fans for his hard-hitting style and savage leg kicks that used to crumple his opponents to the mat. He hols wins over the likes of Mark Coleman, Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski, yet is an unknown to some of the newer MMA fans.

He was 11-1 in his career before meeting Randy Couture twice in back-to-back fights and suffering losses changed his life and derailed his career. In a recent talk with Brazilian MMA television show Sensei SporTV, he reflected on his decision loss in the first of his fights with Couture.

Link

Post #1   10/30/09 10:07:54PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I read the article and can't get Pedro driving a tractor out of my mind.

Post #2   10/31/09 1:21:32PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Rizzo is the man, and i'm a huge fan. Back in the day, he had a number of awesome KO's. Although he'll probably never be back to that level, his win over a great fighter like Jeff Monson shows that he can still hang with the best of 'em.

War Pedro

Post #3   10/31/09 2:30:00PM