Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy on Swick: "Forget fight of the night, I want fight of the year"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SUPERMAN155

Learning to Sprawl

SUPERMAN155 Avatar

Career:1,155-767
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by SUPERMAN155

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IDK I dont think it'll even be fight of the night just because Swick always gets hyped up as some exciting fighter but finds away to make it boring atleast until he fnishes it. Swick/Lousia Swick/Davis Swick/Saunders all disappointed IMO but the finish of the last one was sweet though. I dont know maybe it'll be exciting because of Hardy, I just see Swick winning and it not being that breathe taking. Could be good though.

are you serious??? How you gonna say Swick always finds a way to make it boring....until he finishes it?? thats so dumb sounding to me. Finishing fights is always exciting, thats the goal of every fighter. Plus most of Swicks fights end quickly. So how is he "finding a way to make it boring"?? swick has never been IMO a boring fighter, or even been in a boring fight. He doesnt just run straight at the guy and start swinging no, but hes definatly not boring. he is smart, patient, and explosive when he finds an opening. he never stalls the fight out or tries to go to a dec, he is always looking for a ko or sub. With Swick it isnt hype, its the truth. Anybody who says different just has sumthin against swick. Ive met Swick and IMO you couldnt find a nicer, more humble fighter than him. when people make a big deal about him or "hype" him up its cuz he is the real deal and is a tough fight for anybody, and now that hes dropped down to the weightclass he belongs in the skies the limit for him now, he ran thru almost the whole MW division{even tho it wuz before the
MW division wuz as stacked as it is now} b4 losing a dec to a guy who has beat a whole lot of great MMA fighters. all i can say is quit hatin, there r so many other fighters that keep getting called back to the UFC but that put on 1 boring fight after another, talk about some of those guys, but Swick aint 1 of em.

Im not saying Swick's a boring fighter. I never said him finishing fights was boring either, I said its the best part of his fight. And before the Goulet fight he hadn't finished a guy in under 2 & a half minutes since UFC 60 in 06, now were at UFC 105 in 2009. I never said Swick is overhyped, I said his fights are. I'm just saying his fights are always hyped up as being the fight that be the best of the night & they never are. There good fights, but none of them are ever fight of the night or ever candidates for fight of the year. Swick/Lousiea was suppose to be sick, and it wasn't all that great. Swick/Burkman was decent but Burkman made that fight Swick wouldn't even let his hands go because of the weight. Swick/Davis was suppose to be exciting and it was good too but good at the most. Swick/Saunders was hard to watch until Swick pounced on him. IM not saying its only exciting if you run out there and swing for the fences. Im just saying usually his fights have a lot of circling or clinching because yeah he's an explosive finisher but until he decides too explode, hes just circling or clinching not really staying in the guys face with a jab or 1,2. IM not saying hes boring or not a good fighter at all. Im just saying his fights always get hyped up as some sick thing waiting to happen and he has yet to steal the show but Hardy will bring it too him so I think this will be a different story. Should be a good one with a devastating finish.

haha u really r serious.....i dont even know why im responding to this. i have so much to say but i dont even wanna get into it with you cuz i can already see your story changing around to try n sound better. ima jus quote 2 small things from your 2 posts..."I dont think it'll even be fight of the night just because Swick always gets hyped up as some exciting fighter but finds a way to make it boring..." then you come back and say "Im not saying Swicks a boring fighter." then you go on to say how his fights r boring because of him and u throw out a bunch of examples....so really what r u saying? all u keep doing is contradicting yourself over and over. and besides all that, u r calling sumbody boring and saying his fights aint quick cuz he hasnt finished a fight in under 2 and a half mins in a while?? 2 and a half mins is fast as hell for a fight between 2 guys at the top level of competition. and every fighter goes to decisions sumtimes, thats jus how it goes, things happen and u cant finish the fight, that doesnt make him boring. i enjoyed all of his fights, and so did everybody i have ever talked to b4 now. ive heard people try to bash Swick for other dumb things, but never for making boring fights. if Swick is boring to u then u must watch a whole iot of boring fights in the UFC. maybe WWE is more suitable for you.

Post #16   11/9/09 12:18:53PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Be careful guys. Remember to respect each other's opinions and don't personally attack someone because they don't agree with you.

Post #17   11/9/09 1:42:16PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by SUPERMAN155

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by SUPERMAN155

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IDK I dont think it'll even be fight of the night just because Swick always gets hyped up as some exciting fighter but finds away to make it boring atleast until he fnishes it. Swick/Lousia Swick/Davis Swick/Saunders all disappointed IMO but the finish of the last one was sweet though. I dont know maybe it'll be exciting because of Hardy, I just see Swick winning and it not being that breathe taking. Could be good though.

are you serious??? How you gonna say Swick always finds a way to make it boring....until he finishes it?? thats so dumb sounding to me. Finishing fights is always exciting, thats the goal of every fighter. Plus most of Swicks fights end quickly. So how is he "finding a way to make it boring"?? swick has never been IMO a boring fighter, or even been in a boring fight. He doesnt just run straight at the guy and start swinging no, but hes definatly not boring. he is smart, patient, and explosive when he finds an opening. he never stalls the fight out or tries to go to a dec, he is always looking for a ko or sub. With Swick it isnt hype, its the truth. Anybody who says different just has sumthin against swick. Ive met Swick and IMO you couldnt find a nicer, more humble fighter than him. when people make a big deal about him or "hype" him up its cuz he is the real deal and is a tough fight for anybody, and now that hes dropped down to the weightclass he belongs in the skies the limit for him now, he ran thru almost the whole MW division{even tho it wuz before the
MW division wuz as stacked as it is now} b4 losing a dec to a guy who has beat a whole lot of great MMA fighters. all i can say is quit hatin, there r so many other fighters that keep getting called back to the UFC but that put on 1 boring fight after another, talk about some of those guys, but Swick aint 1 of em.

Im not saying Swick's a boring fighter. I never said him finishing fights was boring either, I said its the best part of his fight. And before the Goulet fight he hadn't finished a guy in under 2 & a half minutes since UFC 60 in 06, now were at UFC 105 in 2009. I never said Swick is overhyped, I said his fights are. I'm just saying his fights are always hyped up as being the fight that be the best of the night & they never are. There good fights, but none of them are ever fight of the night or ever candidates for fight of the year. Swick/Lousiea was suppose to be sick, and it wasn't all that great. Swick/Burkman was decent but Burkman made that fight Swick wouldn't even let his hands go because of the weight. Swick/Davis was suppose to be exciting and it was good too but good at the most. Swick/Saunders was hard to watch until Swick pounced on him. IM not saying its only exciting if you run out there and swing for the fences. Im just saying usually his fights have a lot of circling or clinching because yeah he's an explosive finisher but until he decides too explode, hes just circling or clinching not really staying in the guys face with a jab or 1,2. IM not saying hes boring or not a good fighter at all. Im just saying his fights always get hyped up as some sick thing waiting to happen and he has yet to steal the show but Hardy will bring it too him so I think this will be a different story. Should be a good one with a devastating finish.

haha u really r serious.....i dont even know why im responding to this. i have so much to say but i dont even wanna get into it with you cuz i can already see your story changing around to try n sound better. ima jus quote 2 small things from your 2 posts..."I dont think it'll even be fight of the night just because Swick always gets hyped up as some exciting fighter but finds a way to make it boring..." then you come back and say "Im not saying Swicks a boring fighter." then you go on to say how his fights r boring because of him and u throw out a bunch of examples....so really what r u saying? all u keep doing is contradicting yourself over and over. and besides all that, u r calling sumbody boring and saying his fights aint quick cuz he hasnt finished a fight in under 2 and a half mins in a while?? 2 and a half mins is fast as hell for a fight between 2 guys at the top level of competition. and every fighter goes to decisions sumtimes, thats jus how it goes, things happen and u cant finish the fight, that doesnt make him boring. i enjoyed all of his fights, and so did everybody i have ever talked to b4 now. ive heard people try to bash Swick for other dumb things, but never for making boring fights. if Swick is boring to u then u must watch a whole iot of boring fights in the UFC. maybe WWE is more suitable for you.

Did I ever say he was a boring fighter? No not at all. Unless you can quote me saying those exact words you got nothing. My storys not changing at all. All I said was Swicks fights are always hyped up as fights that are suppose to steal the show & he never delievers. He has yet to EVER have a fight of the night canidadate. But I never once said he was a boring fighter. All Im saying is dont get too pumped up because his fights always gets hyped up as something great but they never are great, there always just good and thats all.

I dont even know why im debating with you, your putting words in my mouth. I never said "Mike Swick is a boring fighter." I never said "Mike Swick doesn't finish fights quick." I was just questioning your opinion with fact. You said he usually finishes fights quick when his last several fights haven't ended early minus the Jonathon Goulet fight & Goulet is nothing special, im sorry. He's never finished anybody quickly who's a top guy. I know every fight cant be finish and sometimes go the distance. I just said he's been going the distance alot lately because you said he USUALLY finishes fights quickly meaning he does it most of the time which lately hasn't been the case since his earlier fights in the UFC.. I dont know why your trying to make me look like some WWE/Bar room brawl fan when ive been a longtime member of this site and love MMA.

Post #18   11/9/09 8:42:39PM   

SUPERMAN155

Learning to Sprawl

SUPERMAN155 Avatar

Career:1,155-767
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
my bad, i didnt mean to start an arguement, i apologize. agree to disagree i guess.

Post #19   11/10/09 12:15:26AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2