Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kimbo gains my respect so far...

Print  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
So far since the season isnt over but hes looked real good on the show I believe.

I mean here's a guy who from the get go everybody hates and wants to see get destroyed and everybody wants to fight him too. Too start off with he never did anything to anybody, always has pretty much been respectable. I mean yeah its not all that honorable being the best streetfighter on the web but I mean its not like he was walking around bragging like he was the greatest ever. he turned to MMA because he wanted to be a fighter and wanted to be one of the best so I can respect that cuz atleast he got into the cage. And here everybody hates his guts because he was so overhyped, Dana ripped him every chance he got when he was with proelite and all the fans & fighters hate him.

Everrybody sees him as some punk thug that thinks hes better then everybody else but really he impressed and gained alot of respect from me on the show and hopefully from some of you guys too. I mean when everybody else is running around being crazy and acting a fool with emotional problems or just being stupid, Kimbos actually the coolest & most chillest dude in the whole house! You don't see him starting fights, and you dont see him acting up. And when the fights starts you always see him and he's the one ringside that looks most interested in the sport and the fights. He looks the most pumped and interested to watch the fight. He talks respectable to everybody or atleast hes not going around during training acting like he's already better then everybody else. I mean the 1st show workout wasn't all that great but I can see he was already gonna be with Rampage so I guess theirs no need to hurt yourself sparring with these other guys who want to impress Rampage or Rashad. But its not like he acting like hes better then any of his teammates. He's hungry to fight. When Jones was whining, Kimbo gained alot of respect by just being like "tag me in homey" because hes down and loves to fight and I love and respect that about him. He's trying to work and get better not to mention since the show he's at ATT now getting even better so I think he has mad potential. I mean the HEavyweights aren't all that great until you get to the top, so you can't tell me Kimbo couldn't improve his overall game after starting out fighting a few C-D level fighters first before he gets to a Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain, or Dos Santos. Keep him busy for the next year slowly fighting better guys because the ATT boxing coach even said it takes guys a year or so to adapt so next year give him slowly better guys and by late 2010 or early 2011 give him that fight to prove himself.

I like Kimbo, I have faith and see his potential. he can be somebody if he works hard and I just gained a lot of respect just seeing how hungry & humble this guy is on the show. Hope to see him fight real soon.

Post #1   10/29/09 2:05:14PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Kimbo had my respect the second he signed up for TUF. The guy had contracts offering him big money and he took the opportunity to improve his skill set.
Granted he'll probably get a big contract with the UFC regardless but he's in there and he looks to be taking the training he gets seriously.
The other Heavyweights are coming across as a bit of joke but Kimbo is coming off as respectful, grateful of the training and hungry to fight.
Whats not to like about the guy!
Dana and Rampage are coming off particularly bad in this season though!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   10/29/09 2:35:47PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I don't have faith in his fighting abilities and I only see limited potential, but I really like him as a person and the attitude he brings into the cage.

Post #3   10/29/09 11:53:17PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I don't have faith in his fighting abilities and I only see limited potential, but I really like him as a person and the attitude he brings into the cage.

I agree, he's so eager to fight and improve, that's what i like about him. He's going into the house as a student, it seems like some of the other guys think they have nothing to learn.

Post #4   10/31/09 3:31:01AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well he seams like a cool guy but I just don't see him going very far in MMA. His stand up is just ok at best. You combine that with his lack of a ground game and age and I think its clear he will never be even UFC gate keeper level fighter.

Post #5   10/31/09 12:56:23PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Seeing Kimbo attempt to make a name for himself in the UFC gains my respect.

But in all honesty I have a guilty pleasure wish.....
Kimbo in Japan!

That could make for some amazing freak fights.
Kimbo VS Aoki
Kimbo VS Minowa
Kimbo VS Sapp
The possiblities are endless.

Post #6   10/31/09 1:02:01PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I think hes come across quite well. Although I dont really like how excited and happy he gets when somebody gets hurt and might not beable to fight. I mean, I understand he wants another chance, but to be openly hoping somebody from your team gets hurt is pretty low.

Other than that, he seems to have a good work ethic, and seems very determinded to improve his game. I still wounder what happened between him and Bas though, obviously he was doing something that the show isnt telling us.

Post #7   10/31/09 1:13:02PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I think hes come across quite well. Although I dont really like how excited and happy he gets when somebody gets hurt and might not beable to fight. I mean, I understand he wants another chance, but to be openly hoping somebody from your team gets hurt is pretty low.

Other than that, he seems to have a good work ethic, and seems very determinded to improve his game. I still wounder what happened between him and Bas though, obviously he was doing something that the show isnt telling us.

I was thinking the same thing about him and Bas.
I would love to know the full story.
Their are a few things Bas wouldn't tell because he said he would prefer to be a gentleman and not say.

Post #8   10/31/09 2:49:19PM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
not gonna lye skipped the big boring write up on kimbo yawn............ who cares.... lets shut up about it and sit back and watch the houston kimbo fight thread done!!!!

Post #9   11/8/09 12:38:37AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Kimbo seems really cool. But I wish. Him success in the ufc

Post #10   11/8/09 8:28:45PM