Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pat Barry Really Needed That UFC104 Bonus Money Bad.

Print  
Posted By Message

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It’s nice to see the prelim fighters win the UFC pay-per-view bonus money. They need it a lot more than many of the guys on the main card who are making well into the five, six and seven-figures per fight.

That’s why it was awesome to see Pat Barry — who would have only made $14,000 for his impressive striking display in the second round against Antoni Hardonk — take home an additional $120,000 for winning Knockout and Fight of the Night honors.

Pat Barry needed the money bad.

Post #1   10/28/09 3:20:32PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Chips:
I like this guy and will be rooting for him in the future. Very humble, from what I can tell.

Post #2   10/28/09 3:23:03PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Yeah I think that was one of the more genuine than most victory dances.

Just for fun, I wonder if a fighter could get all three awards in one fight if

The fight is the most exciting on the night - FOTN
The guy wins by verbal submission due to strikes - SOTN
The loser gets KOed before the fight is stopped - KOOTN

lol

Post #3   10/28/09 3:26:34PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
Man must not have been many good back and forth battles that night because that was pretty one-sided besides a couple of leg kicks

Post #4   10/28/09 3:36:34PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I like this guy and will be rooting for him in the future. Very humble, from what I can tell.

Not only is he humble in victory, in his loss to Hague he was very congratulatory toward Tim. He seems like a good guy and he's fun as hell to watch.

Post #5   10/28/09 4:22:04PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I thought that Dana would have given Machida and Shogun FOTN as a gift to Rua. I say this because I think this has happened in the past e.g FOTN= Coleman vs. Rua (for Coleman) + FOTN= Anderson vs. Forrest (for Forrest).
Anyway Barry put on a good performance and earned his money

Last edited 10/28/09 4:24PM server time by PABLOMAFIOSO
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   10/28/09 4:23:39PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I thought that Dana would have given Machida and Shogun FOTN as a gift to Rua. I say this because I think this has happened in the past e.g FOTN= Coleman vs. Rua (for Coleman) + FOTN= Anderson vs. Forrest (for Forrest).

REALLY I did not know Rua vs Coleman got FOTN, what a freaking joke that was a horrible fight, but he also acted like the Kongo vs Herring fight was extremely exciting also, I love Dana when he is speaking his mind even when it is reall flammatory but BS like that makes me want to puke

Post #7   10/28/09 4:26:04PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

REALLY I did not know Rua vs Coleman got FOTN, what a freaking joke that was a horrible fight, but he also acted like the Kongo vs Herring fight was extremely exciting also, I love Dana when he is speaking his mind even when it is reall flammatory but BS like that makes me want to puke

I enjoyed Shogun/Coleman and Herring/Kongo. I hope you can live with that.

edit: Everyone has to be financially responsible for themselves. Being broke doesn't mean you deserve to win bonuses more than someone who's a millionaire.

Last edited 10/28/09 4:54PM server time by Giant_Ochai
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/28/09 4:53:30PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by McBee

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I enjoyed Shogun/Coleman and Herring/Kongo. I hope you can live with that.

edit: Everyone has to be financially responsible for themselves. Being broke doesn't mean you deserve to win bonuses more than someone who's a millionaire.

how nothing happened in either fight and both fighters were prematurely gassed in the shogun/rua fight, please someone chime in because maybe I had ADHD that day and need to rewatch them.

Post #9   10/28/09 4:59:47PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Yeah I think that was one of the more genuine than most victory dances.

Just for fun, I wonder if a fighter could get all three awards in one fight if

The fight is the most exciting on the night - FOTN
The guy wins by verbal submission due to strikes - SOTN
The loser gets KOed before the fight is stopped - KOOTN

lol

serra over gsp??? he tapped but it was ruled a tko, definitely not fight of the night that night though, that went to kos vs. diego (jk).

Post #10   10/28/09 5:15:00PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Chips:

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Anyway Barry put on a good performance and earned his money

Rua/Coleman came to mind for me as well, but for a different reason...Coleman was having some money issues prior to that fight, similar to Pat here. I said it at the time that Dana was gifting the money to Coleman, because honestly who wants to read about a pioneer in the sport, a HOF'er, and a still active athlete, that is struggling to make ends meet. I don't see the UFC dropping Pat anytime soon, so it's really just an investment.

Post #11   10/28/09 6:07:24PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,646-884
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
He also knows the times of white rice and ketchup?

He's my new hero. Thats my meal when I'm broke lol.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #12   10/28/09 10:38:59PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
he must have he pulled a timmy and cried his eyes out

Post #13   10/29/09 12:04:39AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Impressive backflip too.

A real entertainer.

Post #14   10/29/09 2:34:03PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i can confirm that he is 100% the guy you see on tv, extremely humble, and very nice. hes a super funny guy too, but he didnt really show it after the fight. total class act for a young guy, i think his size is going to hold him back against good grapplers(that along with his poor grappling ability at this point) but he has the potential to KO anybody any time.

Post #15   10/29/09 3:50:20PM