Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shogun v. Machida: THE thread

Print  
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Both men should be embaressed about the performance put forth. But Rua didnt do enough to seal the deal. If you are going to beat the champion in a dec win it must be desicive. Sure he landed somthing like 45 leg kicks but they did nothing to stop Lyoto. Machida had Rua in trouble in a couple of instances but didnt capitalize. Lyoto looked lackluster as well.

Embarrased? I thought it was a pretty good fight, not fast paced but very tactical, both guys showed a lot of intelligence and talent. and the argument that you must beat a champ decisively is garbage, a fight is a fight and they are all fought by the same rules, round to round shogun won that fight, def. three rounds maybe even four; so shogun has to fight super aggressive and go for the kill, which plays right into machida's hands, to win the fight, that is garbage.

Post #46   10/25/09 9:11:13PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Forrest and Rampage was a close fight that didn't go to the Champ and now that I nention it was won on leg kicks.

Post #47   10/25/09 9:40:04PM   

durog

Learning to Sprawl

durog Avatar

Career:130-69
Chips:

Shogun won the fight, I hate to see this bs in combat sports, it ruined boxing and it will ruin mma.

Post #48   10/25/09 10:06:53PM   

mizike

Learning to Sprawl

mizike Avatar

Career:546-344
Chips:
Ok I was pissed and thought SHOGUN clearly beat machidas ass like I posted before. Now I went back and watched it in a better version and I still think Shogun won the fight just not as bad as I thought in the begining. Rd 1 could go to machida or shogun, but give it to machida, Rnd 2 shogun did more and won that round, it was close but clearer then rd 1, then rd 3 was close I thought shogun but could see it go to machida, so I can see the judges giving rd1 and 3 to machida but Rd 2 and 4 and 5 had to go to shogun at a minimum even after watching it again theres no result that I can see gives machida the nod. And then add on the hit counts, shogun wins in every aspect, and aggression, octagon control and damage, by the end of the fight Machidas face, body, and legs were destroyed, and he looked exhausted and shocked to have won, SHOGUN looked fresh with a red tummy thats it. NO WAY CAN U WATCH THE FIGHT AND GIVE IT TO MACHIDA. and yeah saying rogans commentary influenced is bull ****, I listened to his commentary the second time and like I thought, he supported machida just as much, said its tough with the judges and pointed out machidas hits as well as shoguns, but there were many more shogun hits then machida so shoguns name was being called alot more thats it. SOME GAY ASS **** WENT DOWN THERE.

Post #49   10/25/09 10:37:06PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:926-630
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I am not really a fan of each fighter and if anything that fight was a draw. To call this "the worst decision in UFC history" is laughable. Randleman Rutten was ten times worse.

Post #50   10/26/09 12:16:32AM   

OhLikeSam

Learning to Sprawl

Career:556-356
Camp: Clockwork
Chips:
What sucks is that Shogun will think that he has to try to finish it in the rematch. Unfortunately that might cost him as Machida will know this. Shogun should of definitely been champ.

Post #51   10/26/09 1:30:30AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Damn calm down people, I gave shogun 4/5 rounds but after watching the fight again, i still gave him 4/5 rounds but a lot of the rounds were pretty damn close.

If you think it was the worst decision ever just look at how we all scored the fight. 95% of us agree that shogun won the fight but none of us all agree on how many rounds or which rounds shogun won/loss...
Of the people who thought shogun won, some thought machida won the 5 round, some of us thought machida won the 1 round, while others thought Machida won the 3 round...

REWATCH Hamill vs Bisping that was the worst DEC. in History.

Did the judges get it wrong... Hell Yeah they did but people in this thread need to stop sayin Sh*t like, If you think Machida won then you dont know MMA. Thats just disrespectful and ignorant, everyone is entitled to there opinion.

When i watched the fight, by the end of it i was jumpin around yellin with excitement that the real shogun returned and that he was going to leave that night the UFC champ...
But the judges robbed me of my happiness. IT SUCKS, but there is a rematch on the way. (not soon enough though)

Post #52   10/26/09 6:24:47AM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
I think I have an idea why this happened, even though its very clear that Machida lost. The thing is, everybody put their money on Machida, and for him to lose, it would have been the next great depression. So, Machida winning saved alot of people alot of money.
Still, IM PISSED
And as for now, I cannot respect the UFC.
Im really SAD.
to the UFC

Post #53   10/26/09 11:30:15AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Let's not blame the UFC here. They didn't pick the judges.

Anyways, for a different perspective- I was at the fight. Very close to the cage. It was really difficult to tell who won the fight. Machida's style makes it seem like he's losing just because he backs up so much. He caught Rua quite a few times with punches and counters that sounded like they landed with some pretty serious force. That being said, Rua also landed some good shots. I think what it comes down to really was the strikes thrown in the clinch. Machida landed some absolutely brutal knees to Rua's midsection, even if they didn't show up on his body as bad as the toe-print showed up on Machida's.

Overall when the decision came I could easily see it going to either fighter. Let's just hope the rematch sorts it out.

Post #54   10/26/09 1:18:23PM   

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Career:76-50
Chips:
The rematch will tell. As for now...

Win Mauricio Rua Decision (Unanimous) UFC 104 - Machida vs. Shogun 10/24/2009 5 5:00

And no matter how much you PMS and complain, it's not changing.

Last edited 10/26/09 4:23PM server time by Macheetah
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #55   10/26/09 4:22:06PM   

nbf

Learning to Sprawl

nbf Avatar

Career:492-347
Camp: FSC MMA Fight Camp
Chips:
Check this out:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/machida-i-was-superior-20576

I can't believe Machida actually said that, I have no respect towards the karate kid.

Post #56   10/27/09 11:20:12AM   

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by nbf

Check this out:

I can't believe Machida actually said that, I have no respect towards the karate kid.

You know nothing about being a fighter. He wouldn't discredit himself and say that he lost, especially when he didn't. The official decision was made, and it was in his favor. Not to mention he has a rematch coming up with Shogun, why would he say he didn't win? It's not a good thing to do mentally. When you win, you win. That's the bottom line.

None of us know about judging better than the people that are professionally doing it. I will take Cecil Peoples and Marcos Rosales over anyone on the internet.

Last edited 10/27/09 12:09PM server time by Macheetah

Post #57   10/27/09 12:09:03PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,627-1,504
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i agree that theres no reason for machida to say anything other than what he did, but ill take 90% of the people on the internet over cecil peoples any day.

Post #58   10/27/09 12:37:53PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,284-838
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by nbf

Check this out:

You know nothing about being a fighter. He wouldn't discredit himself and say that he lost, especially when he didn't. The official decision was made, and it was in his favor. Not to mention he has a rematch coming up with Shogun, why would he say he didn't win? It's not a good thing to do mentally. When you win, you win. That's the bottom line.

None of us know about judging better than the people that are professionally doing it. I will take Cecil Peoples and Marcos Rosales over anyone on the internet.

i wouldnt!!

Post #59   10/27/09 2:46:39PM   

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by nbf

Check this out:

i wouldnt!!

Why is that? MMA "fans" aka "casual fans" aka the ones that are complaining about this decision don't know how much goes into judging a fight. They are close minded and they believe that whoever lands more strikes, whether is it 1 or more and whoever does more damage wins the fight. I've seriously seen people saying that Shogun won the fight because Machida's lip was cut and his ribs had a mark on them.

I don't know how long Cecil Peoples has been judging fights, but I'm sure he has spent the majority of his life doing it as a career and sure as hell knows about the game alot more than any person on the internet. People talk and complain just because they can. Everyone on the internet who thinks they can judge better than a professional is an idiot and it's a perfect example of any average joe sports fan yelling at their TV thinking that their opinion matters. It doesn't.

Machida won, 48-47. It's official and it's not changing. So you should start looking forward to the rematch and forget about the past.

Last edited 10/27/09 3:09PM server time by Macheetah

Post #60   10/27/09 3:04:37PM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6