Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Paulo Filho Out of Dream.12

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
In another setback for a talented but troubled MMA fighter, former World Extreme Cagefighting middleweight champion Paulo Filho is off Sunday's Dream 12 card.

Filho, who a couple of years ago was widely regarded as the No. 2 middleweight in the world, has been removed from the official Dream.12 fight card. Dream has not made any official announcement, but MMArocks.pl is reporting that Filho didn't show up in Japan for his scheduled fight with Dong Sik Yoon, and that Tarec Saffiedine will now fight Dong instead.

LINK

=====================================

* UPDATE *

DREAM pulls Paulo Filho from Sunday's DREAM.12 card, manager says fighter "OK"

The ongoing drama of Paulo Filho's recent fight career began a new chapter earlier today after officials pulled the former WEC champ from Sunday's DREAM.12 card and claimed they can't located the fighter.

Filho (18-1) was slated to fight Yoon Dong Sik (4-7) at the event, which takes place Oct. 25 at Osaka Castle Hall in Osaka, Japan.

Ed Soares, who represents Filho, today confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the fighter won't compete on the card but declined to go into details. However, he wanted to reassure fans that Filho "is OK."

LINK

Last edited 10/23/09 11:24AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   10/23/09 10:42:03AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i heard this early this morning but then the story was pulled so i thought it was BS. guess not though, filho is something else, this is very disappointing. the thing that really bugs me is that he weathered one hell of a storm and beat melvin so it looked like maybe he was back on track, but the train wreck seems to continue...

ive gotta add that he is quickly becoming one of those "what if" guys that never lived up to his potential.

Last edited 10/23/09 11:52AM server time by cowcatcher
2 total post edits

Post #2   10/23/09 11:37:50AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
What is going on with this guy? Sounds like he is ok but I want to hear why he didn't even show. It's too bad because he has so much potential

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   10/23/09 11:39:14AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Just read on Mania that the reason he's off, according to his mother, is visa issues.
Edit: That's according to the TATAME, who posted this brief item:

One of Dream 12 stars, Paulo Filho, who was scheduled to face Dong Sik Yoon this Sunday (25), is out of the event. According to Japanese websites, the Brazilian was missing and Ed Soares, his manager, couldn’t be contacted. Filho’s mother, Adenilda Fragoso, said to TATAME.com that the fighter couldn’t take the visa to travel to Japan. Stay tuned on TATAME.com for more news about Paulo Filho.

Last edited 10/23/09 12:19PM server time by DCRage

Post #4   10/23/09 12:17:50PM