Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mousasi talks about prospect of facing Dan Henderson in Strikeforce

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Gegard Mousasi (26-2-1) believes the prospect of Dan Henderson joining Strikeforce is an interesting one, but he is in no hurry to face the former PRIDE double-champion.

“I think if he would join Strikeforce that there are plenty of good match-ups for him, he would bring a lot of excitement with him,” he told Fighters Only tonight following days of speculation in the MMA media regarding Henderson possibly jumping the UFC ship.

And he added with a laugh, “I personally wouldn’t like to fight him, because if I fight a high-calibre fighter like Dan Henderson or a bum I would get paid the same, so there isn’t any motivation to fight a better fighter - although for the right money I would fight even Godzilla.”

Link

Post #1   10/20/09 5:31:39PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
LOL He really has been mentored by Fedor!!! lol

Post #2   10/20/09 6:05:47PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

No motivation to fight a better fighter? If you want to fight bums and collect paychecks the U.S. might not be your best bet. Japan called though, they said they'd gladly overpay you to beat tomato cans. Oh wait, Overeem already has that job.

Seriously though, the bad news is there's literally NOTHING keeping Mousasi from playing it safe for the forseeable future, and that includes his Strikeforce Championship belt. Those things don't mean much these days. Just ask Alistair!

Post #3   10/20/09 6:25:33PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
I guess Mousasi should play H.M Murdock in the A team movie alongside "I only do it for the money" Rampage.

Blah. Makes me sick to hear guys like this say these things.

I have to be honest after three years of loving this sport im starting to get a little detoured, when the stars act like this I have very little interest.

Post #4   10/20/09 6:28:51PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,646-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Tell me, when has Fedor ever ducked a fight? And what heavyweight has the most wins against Top heavyweights? It's not his fault that his management is not letting him sign with the ufc. If it was his choice he would fight anybody in the ufc.

Post #5   10/20/09 7:30:33PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Explain how being unable to sign with the UFC while under contract is his fault, cmon dude.

Post #6   10/20/09 7:34:32PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

hotrodttt
Posted by seanfu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me, when has Fedor ever ducked a fight? And what heavyweight has the most wins against Top heavyweights? It's not his fault that his management is not letting him sign with the ufc. If it was his choice he would fight anybody in the ufc.

Chill i think he was just refering to some of the fights like hmc or mark hunt. Everyone knows fedors not duckin the ufc

Post #7   10/20/09 8:00:34PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Really bro? Come on..

Post #8   10/20/09 8:07:57PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I really don't have a problem with Mousasi saying this. That's a big money fight, and it deserves to be a big money fight. If I were Mousasi why would I risk the huge name I'm building for a couple thousand dollars to fight one of the best in the world when I can build my name even bigger for a couple of fights and then renegotiate for that specific fight at a price I deserve to be paid?

Mousasi is getting paid a couple thousand dollars per fight and he's the organization's champ. Doesn't something seem wrong about that to you guys? It does to me.

These guys work hard. Let them make their money. If this were all about fighting and only fighting then these guys would be doing it for free. They'd all be broken down, barely trained, and mostly out of shape. Instead the sport has grown better as fighter pay has gone up. There's state of the art facilities for training, great doctors to fix injuries, and high tech equipment and trainers for conditioning.

If you want to see guys fight for the sake of fighting then go down to your local bar on a Friday night.

Post #9   10/20/09 8:21:51PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,064-1,158
Chips:
meh, i can see why the playground thinks its kind of out of order saying theres no motivation in fighting hendo, I would say kind of pretentious....but I'd actually would give the edge to gegard and pick him if the fight happens.

Post #10   10/20/09 8:37:38PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,646-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by mshalosky

hotrodttt
Posted by seanfu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chill i think he was just refering to some of the fights like hmc or mark hunt. Everyone knows fedors not duckin the ufc

I'm chill like a cucumber lol, I was just making a point. I hope It didn't come off like I was being a douchebag. No douchebaggery intended

Post #11   10/20/09 9:04:22PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
I have no problem w/his comments. A fighter should do their best to balance their "love" for the sport against their earning potential....especially if they have a family to provide for. For Mousasi it's in his best interest to beat some people up and look good to increase his earning potential. Fighters careers don't last as long as insurance agents so they need to make wise use of their abilities and their time in the ring/cage.

If Dan did go to strikeforce i'm sure he'd want the title shot right away but i'd actually prefer he had a "tune up" fight first.

For Mousasi, it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to pursue that match up right away.

Post #12   10/20/09 9:45:39PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
It was a joke lol

I mean Fedor didn't fight in the new years fights for the experiance.

I'm a Mousassi nuthugger and I'm pretty sure, or at least hoping he was joking when he made the statement.

Beside that, Hendo Fedor damnit!!! I don't care if Hendo doesn't have good odds, he'll make a great fight.

Post #13   10/21/09 12:51:59AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
so this is the worst thing and only bad thing I've ever read coming from Mousasi mouth.
I get it but, sure the money might be the same but a win over Henderson is tremendous and definitely lines you up for something big a win over a can, sure your record looks nice but us MMA fans look at quality over quantity in the end

Post #14   10/21/09 1:48:47PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
if the fight comes off a can see dan hurting mousasi real bad.

Post #15   10/21/09 4:51:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2