Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva slams Vitor "betrayal"

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Anderson Silva made clear in a recent conversation with Fighters Only that he is not impressed by the arrival of Vitor Belfort in the middleweight division. Anderson, well known for his constant refusal to fight his friend and training partner Lyoto Machida, is equally unimpressed by Belfort happily agreeing to fight him for his middleweight belt.

Asked what he thinks about Belfort’s arrival in the UFC middleweight division, he sneered, “Which Vitor is that? The one who trained with me, Rogerio and Rodrigo a few months ago?”

Link

Post #1   10/20/09 5:29:16PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
How much time have Belfort and Silva spent training together?

Going off the info from the article, it doesnt sound like they have spent all of that much time training together, and if thats the case, its BS for Anderson to think someone would decline a chance at being the Champ because of some time training together.

But either way, Anderson seems mad, and anger can really motivate a fighter through training camp. So Vitor might be in for a serious beat down, but Vitor could press this issue in the hope of angering anderson to the point that affects his skill set in a negative way. EX: Hardy vs. Davis

If they have spent less then a year training together, then Anderson is overeacting.
If in the 1-2 year range then Vitor should have consulted Anderson before excepting the fight.
If more time than that then Vitor's actions were very disrespectful

Anderson is like a damn samurai, HUGE in the respect area of combat, and everyone knows you dont F with a samurai

Post #2   10/20/09 5:50:26PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by scobac

He is good but for some reason he acts like he can walk on water and not get wet and I for one am sick of it.

I agree, but to be honest I wouldnt be surprised if I watched Anderson strole across a lake and emerge on the other side dry as the Sahara.

You know they said J.C. couldn't do it either.

Post #3   10/20/09 6:32:53PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
yeah that's a real betrayal. He's doing his job, maybe you should start doing yours and stop complaining and talking trash every single chance you get.

Note: your job does not involve picking and choosing your fights and deciding who is unworthy of fighting you. Nor does it involve trying to force your views on other people.

Post #4   10/20/09 7:11:32PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Chips:

Posted by IriShame

Posted by scobac

He is good but for some reason he acts like he can walk on water and not get wet and I for one am sick of it.

I agree, but to be honest I wouldnt be surprised if I watched Anderson strole across a lake and emerge on the other side dry as the Sahara.

Jesus walking on water = Anderson fighting without taking damage

I know its not the same but when

Anderson fought Leben- landed 100% of strikes thrown and never really got hit
Anderson fought Irvin- Landed 100% of strikes and no damage taken
Anderson fought Griffin- Danced around and ko'ed him effortlessly
Anderson fought Leites- landed kicks thrown backwards, punched him in the leg while standing a few times

When he fights, he makes his opponents look like amateurs.(and not just leites, leben, or irvin) He made Griffin, Franklin, Marquardt, etc. all look like they didnt even belong in the UFC.

Anderson has cleared out an entire division effortlessly (Lutter and Hendo may of had dominant positions, but a few minutes later, they were both tapping)

He may not be Jesus Christ (or Chuck Norris) but he has done some of the most amazing things i have ever seen in MMA and who knows he may be able to walk on water.

I have always had doubts in silva(thinking and picking against him in about 1/3 of his fights) but after his destruction of forrest im still a little Awe struck and dont see anyone on his same level.

Seriously watch the Griffin fight again, Griffin has put up a tough fight against every single one of his opponents(ortiz, rampage,shogun, rashad) But he couldnt do anything to Silva

And when it comes to fighting training partners, I know a couple of guys that i look at like brothers and i would never do anything to jeopardize there next paycheck or show there weakness that i know of to competitors.

When you win, your paycheck climbs, when you lose it drops and is coupled with the risk of being fired. So for me personally i understand not fighting those closest to you.

Post #5   10/20/09 7:12:17PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
Yeah, but at the same time, I don't see what the real issue is with fighting a friend. I'd fight my twin brother if I was asked to do so for a shot at a title..as has already been said in this thread, this is a one man sport. To me, Vitor isn't in the wrong here; Anderson's being a prick.

I don't see why he's so upset considering he should know he has the better chance of winning the fight anyway.

Post #6   10/20/09 7:16:05PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bigox420

Posted by scobac

Posted by CwB

How...

This...

He never should have got his title fight after beating who HMMM Chris leben in his first UFC fight. I know he has done more then just that but to say that someone else does not deserve it is just dumb.

SHUT UP AND FIGHT.

At the time when Silva got his title shot, can you name any of the other contenders... Lousiuo (i have no idea how to spell that name) had just lost to Franklin. Tanner wasnt ready for a shot again. There was even a TUF show to create a 185 contender. i am probably forgetting someone, but who else was there.

Vitor just leap frogged over
Marquardt- who we all agree deserves a shot
Hendo- Who was told that he was next in line and we all agree deserves the shot

Silva's shot came at a time when there werent others waiting in line. Vitor walked into a stacked division and had a really impressive KO at 195 where he had trouble making weight, and skipped to the front of the line

I agree that belfort deserves this shot but comparing silva's shot too Belfort's shot is a little hard when considering the different situations.

And it has been said by others but
Silva and Lesnar may not have earned there shots but they both won and currently hold the titles so in hindsight yes they did deserve it.
Leites was givin an undeserving shot and lost so someone like leites definitely didnt deserve the shot

Post #7   10/20/09 7:32:50PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by CwB

Posted by IriShame

Posted by scobac

Jesus walking on water = Anderson fighting without taking damage

I know its not the same but when

Anderson fought Leben- landed 100% of strikes thrown and never really got hit
Anderson fought Irvin- Landed 100% of strikes and no damage taken
Anderson fought Griffin- Danced around and ko'ed him effortlessly
Anderson fought Leites- landed kicks thrown backwards, punched him in the leg while standing a few times

When he fights, he makes his opponents look like amateurs.(and not just leites, leben, or irvin) He made Griffin, Franklin, Marquardt, etc. all look like they didnt even belong in the UFC.

Anderson has cleared out an entire division effortlessly (Lutter and Hendo may of had dominant positions, but a few minutes later, they were both tapping)

He may not be Jesus Christ (or Chuck Norris) but he has done some of the most amazing things i have ever seen in MMA and who knows he may be able to walk on water.

I have always had doubts in silva(thinking and picking against him in about 1/3 of his fights) but after his destruction of forrest im still a little Awe struck and dont see anyone on his same level.

Seriously watch the Griffin fight again, Griffin has put up a tough fight against every single one of his opponents(ortiz, rampage,shogun, rashad) But he couldnt do anything to Silva

And when it comes to fighting training partners, I know a couple of guys that i look at like brothers and i would never do anything to jeopardize there next paycheck or show there weakness that i know of to competitors.

When you win, your paycheck climbs, when you lose it drops and is coupled with the risk of being fired. So for me personally i understand not fighting those closest to you.
[/QUOT]

Last edited 10/20/09 9:18PM server time by scobac
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   10/20/09 8:48:17PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Go back to earlier this summer when Dana first started floating around Vitor's name as a possible addition to the UFC 185 division.

Vitor came out in a few interviews at that time and said he would prefer not to fight Anderson,as he considered him a friend.Anderson came right back and said he'd fight Vitor and that it was just business.

Now,a few months later,Vitor is the one who's betraying Anderson?Puh-leeze.

The truth is,the only guy Anderson is willing to fight right now is Frank Mir-a heavyweight who falls down and dies as soon as someone hits him.Guys who can really give him a tough fight-Henderson,Marquardt and even Vitor-aren't worthy of stepping in the cage with him.

WB.

Post #9   10/20/09 9:03:11PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I get not wanting to fight everyday training partners but someone you trained with in passing sorry but put on the gloves. I mean BJ penn told Joe Lazon that if Joe beat Kenny to take the title shot at BJ if they gave it to him.

Post #10   10/20/09 9:36:30PM