Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dan Henderson's Camp Says No Deal With Strikeforce Is Imminent

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dan Henderson is currently an MMA free agent considering all his options, but his camp says he is not close to signing a deal with Strikeforce or any other promotion after his negotiations with the UFC stalled.

Responding to a Yahoo Sports report that Henderson is "on the verge of signing" with Strikeforce, Henderson's friend and business partner Aaron Crecy said that wasn't the case, and that no signing with anyone is imminent.

LINK

Post #1   10/19/09 9:11:25AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i hope dan comes to his senses and stays with the ufc

Post #2   10/19/09 9:36:13AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I hope he goes to Strikeforce to help bolster their roster.

Post #3   10/19/09 9:47:56AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I think signing with strikeforce would be a big mistake. What does he have to accomplish over there? I mean sure, he could probably beat mousasi to snag the 205 title, and he could probably beat either sheilds or miller to get the 185 title too. BUt outside of those competitors, who else is there for him to fight? I think it makes more sense for him to go to the UFC, even if it means taking a little less money. The titles at the UFC mean more than the strikeforce ones, and he's probably a win over marquart away from getting that title shot he wants. Also, I could see him beating many of the 205ers in the UFC too, so he'd probably only have to win a couple fights there.

He IS getting older, so maybe he'd want to get a belt before he retires, even if it is at strikeforce, but I'd much rather see him in the UFC where he belongs.

Plus, even though Dana's playing it cool, he doesn't want to see Hendo go to Strikeforce. He just knocked out the UFC's UK posterboy in spectacular fashion. He doesn't want anyone else to capitalize off from that.

Post #4   10/19/09 1:16:02PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I love how now it is incumbent on Dan Henderson to come to his senses and sign. Really? The UFC is losing a great product in Dan Henderson, and Dan Henderson is losing a great platform for his product in the UFC. IMO it is incumbent on both sides to reach an agreement. So far they've handled all of this as business professionals. Let's let them work it out. Like I've maintained from the beginning nothing is set in stone and a lot of this talk is probably posturing from both sides. Let 'em work it out.

Post #5   10/19/09 1:34:01PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:829-580
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I think he would do well in both orgs. hendo mousasi sounds exciting as hell same with lawler ,cung le, shamrock but those fights while exciting would also be a pretty significant step down in competition. Hendersons like 39 years old so he needs to make a decision asap not everyone is the natural. He could probably fight alot more often in strikeforce. Would love to see what kind of dirty/cheap tricks dana would come up with in the media regarding coker/strikeforce if hendo signs.

Post #6   10/25/09 8:22:54PM