Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva In The Works For UFN 20

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Although UFC Fight Night 20 still hasn't been announced by UFC, the card continues to come togeter at what seems like a record pace. The 5th fight to be revealed in less than 24 hours is Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva, a fight that Leben has verbally agreed to.

Article

Post #1   10/17/09 11:42:56AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
cool....but I want Leben vs Wanderlei !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #2   10/17/09 12:16:00PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
Im a huge Leben fan and for his sake he better win this fight and win it convincingly. I would say this is definitly a "loser leaves" fight.

He'd better show in shape and focused, this is a fight taylor made for Leben and should be thanking the UFC for the "gift" they have given him.

Im not trying to take anything away from Silva but Chris has been around the ufc for almost five years now and Silva is very new to the sport and realitivley untested.

Should be an exciting brawl. I dont think it makes it out of the second round
Leben TKO

WAR CATSMASHER!

Post #3   10/17/09 12:39:50PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
do or die for both guys. Im pulling for leben.

Post #4   10/17/09 12:59:53PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
They're putting together a good card for their DC-area debut if that is the case. It's really got me thinking seriously about getting tickets.

Post #5   10/17/09 1:15:57PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
going for Leben as well

Post #6   10/17/09 2:41:13PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Silva is gonna take Leban out! No more steroids for Leban. I don't think he has anything left. I like Silva and think CB was just a bad match up but he did ok. I think Lebans taylor made for him to just run through this sloppy brawler.

Post #7   10/17/09 8:00:43PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Silva is gonna take Leban out! No more steroids for Leban. I don't think he has anything left. I like Silva and think CB was just a bad match up but he did ok. I think Lebans taylor made for him to just run through this sloppy brawler.

I dont think Lebens use of banned substance had anything to do with any success in mma. He is not a grappler, I found his use to be similar to Big Tim and that he wanted to look the "part".

Sloppy Brawler? No your right Leben is a "brawler" but you could probably leave the sloppy out of it. a boxer is a boxer and a puncher is a puncher. He has a HW chin and a SHW punch or visa versa.

As far as him drinking. Unless you have a source your willing to put up and post , leave it alone(prozac) . Im partial to an issue like this because of my own short comings in substance abuse. Im not being a douche but you keep your speculation to yourself unless you have a source.

Post #8   10/18/09 2:15:42AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

maybe leban might take the fight seriously this time instead of go heavy drinking at another club the night before the fights

and don't say a word i had many confirmed witnesses in portland that saw him drinking

I think Silva stays and Leben goes after this bout.

Post #9   10/18/09 10:10:41AM   

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Jay Silva took the fight with CB on short notice and said he will never do a short notice fight again unless lots of $$ is involved. Jay Silva is a brawler and so is Leben. But I think Jay Silva has the better standup and will TKO Leben in the 3rd or win a decision.

Post #10   10/18/09 5:54:50PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
This is a tough fight to call. Silva is going to want to keep it standing but we've seen at this point that if you keep it standing brawl-style against Chris Leben you're playing with fire. The guy's chin is too good and his hands are too powerful. Hate on him if you will, but he's at where he's at because he's been able to put guys on the mat with just one punch multiple times in his career.

Interesting fight for sure. I'll wait a while before I make my decision on the victor.

Post #11   10/18/09 6:15:34PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:992-648
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Ya I don't see Leban taking this 1. His time has come a while ago.

Post #12   10/18/09 11:42:04PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by scobac

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I dont think Lebens use of banned substance had anything to do with any success in mma. He is not a grappler, I found his use to be similar to Big Tim and that he wanted to look the "part".

Sloppy Brawler? No your right Leben is a "brawler" but you could probably leave the sloppy out of it. a boxer is a boxer and a puncher is a puncher. He has a HW chin and a SHW punch or visa versa.

As far as him drinking. Unless you have a source your willing to put up and post , leave it alone(prozac) . Im partial to an issue like this because of my own short comings in substance abuse. Im not being a douche but you keep your speculation to yourself unless you have a source.

Yeah your probably right but after he got caught whens the last time Timmy's impressively knocked someone out besides AA with the suspect chin?

Post #13   10/19/09 12:38:37AM