Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anthony Johnson: "I truly believe I'm nowhere near my potential"

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“The only pressure I feel, honestly, is the pressure to make the weight. Once I’m on weight, I know everything else will take care of itself. I’m hard on myself and I get upset when I make a mistake, but the good thing is that I can see the progress I’ve made and I truly believe I’m nowhere near my potential. My granddad used to tell me never to settle for second best and never stop pushing to get better. Every day in the gym, I think of what he used to say and I’m determined to make myself better. It’s a way to honor him, to take what he taught me and put it into practice. And that’s what I try to do. It’s why I work so hard. It’s my way of thanking him for all he did for me.”

Anthony Johnson — winner of four of six inside the Octagon — has his sights set on Japanese import Yoshiyuki Yoshida for their 170-pound “Rumble” at UFC 104 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Oct. 24.

Link

Post #1   10/16/09 12:26:39PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Hell y yeah AJ's the man! Definitely could be a serious beast in a year or two. If he reaches his full potential, I definitely believe he has just as much a chance as anybody to take GSP out and I believe he could do it.

I say after he KO's Yoshida, give him either Condit/Daley(Don't matter if its the winner or loser of that fight) or Swick/Hardy. Not Fitch/Kos/or Alves yet, but I definitely think if he can take any of those fours guys out he could be ready to take one one of the top 3 that isnt GSP.

Post #2   10/16/09 3:43:54PM