Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

'Shogun' sees Machida as favorite at UFC 104

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Shogun as much as i love him reminds me of the Peter Forsberg of MMA, All this talent, just injuries,injuries,injuries holding him back from being a superstar.

I have Machida winning by late tko, maybe 3rd/4th round.

Post #16   10/16/09 1:16:43PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I think Machida will win this one but i think it will be a good fight .Shogun needs just take his time look for the take down even thou it will be hard to get him down a think that is the best way for Shogun to win this fight.I like both of these guys a lot but a wud like to see Shogun win and fight Anderson in his first title defence because we no Machida wud not fight him cause there friends.Cause a wud like to see Anderson try get two belts at the same time.WAR SHOGUN

Post #17   10/16/09 3:04:32PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

If Machida fights the same way he fought Evans, Shogun is going to catch Machida and finish him. Shogun has the game to counter Machida and if you don't know this you're not a fighter or a real fan.

Machida is the better fighter, but this is Machida's first real challenge of a fighter that has a serious chance of making a fight out of it.

Is it me or are these two statements slightly contradictory? Are you taking Shogun or Machida?

To be honest, I don't think Shogun has the game to counter Machida at all. His aggressive style is more similar to Thiago Silva in my opinion (albeit slightly more polished with better kicks) and we all know how Machida handled that.

I do like Shogun but I think that his best days have passed. It's like a running back in the NFL, once you blow your knees out it's hard not to lose a step. Although still a very formidable fighter I don't think he has what it takes to get past "The Dragon".

I got Machida scoring a late round TKO once Shoguns cardio fails him again and he slows down. But what do I know? I'm not even a fighter or a real fan.

Post #18   10/16/09 9:13:25PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
im thinking this could be an exciting fight if shogun lets loose, but i'm calling machida

Post #19   10/18/09 12:14:33PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2