Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 10 is Called The Ultimate Fighter-Not The Ultimate Coach

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nickcuc547

agree on the rashad being fake part, he is so scripted in the way he is trying to be the good guy. at least rampage isn't a phony.

I don't even remotely see how you can make that claim. What has been phony about him? He seems the same as always to me.Cocky but a good teammate, or in this case coach. If he was scripted it stands to reason that he would tone down the taunting and cockiness, but he isn't doing that. So unless you hang out with him you only have the same glimpses the rest of us have from appearances ( live or on TV) since he came on TUF 2. Rampage has showed how little he cared about winning ,and how much the spotlight mattered when he picked Kimbo. He has also shown that he can't put his own ego aside to console his fighters. I guess I just don't see how anyone can defend him after his abandoning the hometown fight he wanted , and the way he has acted so far on TUF..

You haven't noticed how everything rashad says is the cliche "right thing to say", it's phony imo.

LOL. I don't what to say to that. If you think people who say the right thing are phony becuase of it, I think that speaks more about you( or your life experience )than him, but that just basic psychology .I guess we will just have to agree to disagree

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   10/15/09 8:07:44PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nickcuc547

agree on the rashad being fake part, he is so scripted in the way he is trying to be the good guy. at least rampage isn't a phony.

I don't even remotely see how you can make that claim. What has been phony about him? He seems the same as always to me.Cocky but a good teammate, or in this case coach. If he was scripted it stands to reason that he would tone down the taunting and cockiness, but he isn't doing that. So unless you hang out with him you only have the same glimpses the rest of us have from appearances ( live or on TV) since he came on TUF 2. Rampage has showed how little he cared about winning ,and how much the spotlight mattered when he picked Kimbo. He has also shown that he can't put his own ego aside to console his fighters. I guess I just don't see how anyone can defend him after his abandoning the hometown fight he wanted , and the way he has acted so far on TUF..

You haven't noticed how everything rashad says is the cliche "right thing to say", it's phony imo.

LOL. I don't what to say to that. If you think people who say the right thing are phony becuase of it, I think that speaks more about you( or your life experience )than him, but that just basic psychology .I guess we will just have to agree to disagree

I don't have a problem with saying the right thing, it's just like he's a robot saying the cliche thing for every situation, derek jeter is the same way, he is a vanilla robot and if you ask me it's phony. There are plenty of guys who say the right thing, most guys do actually, but every word that has come out of rashad's mouth just seems scripted like he is saying it just because he thinks he should say it. I don't know, maybe it's just my life experiences that make me think this way, i'm a reporter and i get the cliche bullshit all the time.

Last edited 10/15/09 8:40PM server time by nickcuc547
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/15/09 8:39:50PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
The nickname Bumpage comes to mind. Maybe King Mo had it right all along!! All kidding aside.......to actually coach these guys is hard for anyone. But to be there to help them along anyone can do......except Page i geuss!??!??

Post #18   10/15/09 9:50:17PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2