Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 10 is Called The Ultimate Fighter-Not The Ultimate Coach

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And Quinton Jackson wants us to remember that. In a blog posting on his official website, Rampage wants to remind everyone the show, in which he is coaching this season against Rashad Evans, is really entertainment and says the reason his team is doing so poorly so far isn't just bad coaching-it's also bad editing. He also rants about Rashad acting so "fake" on the show and how Rashad thought the show was about him and how fake he could be.

Article

Post #1   10/15/09 10:25:36AM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:
man this season really changed the way i feel about rampage and rashad i used to really respect rampage i knew he wasnt the greatest coach seeing season 7 but he was still good to his guys this season it jus seems like hes there for him and no one else leaving a fighter in the locker room just prior to a fight to go get something to eat not checking on youre fighter after a fight come on now and rashad i knew he was a nice guy from tuf 2 but his antics in the cage and the way he talked i was not a fan but the way he coaches and treats his guys is very respectable and since rampage is slacking rashad has been taking care of both fighters after the fights thats a good dude but again its just my opinion and it isnt the ultimate coach i suppose

Post #2   10/15/09 2:47:18PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
agree on the rashad being fake part, he is so scripted in the way he is trying to be the good guy. at least rampage isn't a phony.

Post #3   10/15/09 2:54:19PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

agree on the rashad being fake part, he is so scripted in the way he is trying to be the good guy. at least rampage isn't a phony.

At least Rashad is not walking out on his fighters when(if) they lose.

Rashad may be acting phoney, but it is not to the detriment of his team/fighters and for that I am giving him a break for it. The main aspect for the coaches is to make these fighters better fighters. As long as that is happening, I don't care how much acting they do.

Rampage seemed to pick the worst fighters for the worst reasons. Oh this guy is my man (Kimbo) or this guy is the biggest guy... nevermind who is talented or not. I am starting to think that they only guy that might win a fight on Rampages team is Wes Sims.

Post #4   10/15/09 3:12:49PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
Rashad's team is still undefeated and Page's team is in shambles. I just don't get why Rampage isn't checking up on his boys after they continue to lie limp on the floor. I understand it is frustrating to continually lose over and over again vicariously through others but c'mon, thats one of your guys in there. I especially liked Rashad calling Tiki out saying "Just because Rampage doesn't go in the cage doesn't mean you don't either Tiki"

Post #5   10/15/09 3:37:48PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

I don't even remotely see how you can make that claim. What has been phony about him? He seems the same as always to me.Cocky but a good teammate, or in this case coach. If he was scripted it stands to reason that he would tone down the taunting and cockiness, but he isn't doing that. So unless you hang out with him you only have the same glimpses the rest of us have from appearances ( live or on TV) since he came on TUF 2. Rampage has showed how little he cared about winning ,and how much the spotlight mattered when he picked Kimbo. He has also shown that he can't put his own ego aside to console his fighters. I guess I just don't see how anyone can defend him after his abandoning the hometown fight he wanted , and the way he has acted so far on TUF..

Last edited 10/15/09 3:46PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   10/15/09 3:43:09PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by nickcuc547

Rashad may be acting phoney, but it is not to the detriment of his team/fighters and for that I am giving him a break for it. The main aspect for the coaches is to make these fighters better fighters. As long as that is happening, I don't care how much acting they do.

Rampage seemed to pick the worst fighters for the worst reasons. Oh this guy is my man (Kimbo) or this guy is the biggest guy... nevermind who is talented or not. I am starting to think that they only guy that might win a fight on Rampages team is Wes Sims.

Uuuuuum did you watch last nights episode

Post #7   10/15/09 3:55:31PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,934-1,385
Chips:

Post #8   10/15/09 3:58:47PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nickcuc547

I don't even remotely see how you can make that claim. What has been phony about him? He seems the same as always to me.Cocky but a good teammate, or in this case coach. If he was scripted it stands to reason that he would tone down the taunting and cockiness, but he isn't doing that. So unless you hang out with him you only have the same glimpses the rest of us have from appearances ( live or on TV) since he came on TUF 2. Rampage has showed how little he cared about winning ,and how much the spotlight mattered when he picked Kimbo. He has also shown that he can't put his own ego aside to console his fighters. I guess I just don't see how anyone can defend him after his abandoning the hometown fight he wanted , and the way he has acted so far on TUF..

You haven't noticed how everything rashad says is the cliche "right thing to say", it's phony imo.

Post #9   10/15/09 5:41:56PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
It's hard to tell what really goes on in the show because of the editting... The producers are going to make it intersting because that's their jobs...

With that being said... Rampage sucks as a coach... He seems to care even less then he did the first time around, and pretty much only is there for his face time on camera... Otherwise, he's just in Iphone land, not giving a **** about what happens to his fighters... I understand that Rampage isn't a doctor... But c'mon, you going to leave your guy by himself after he gets beat down to get consoled by the other team... That's just cold... I'd almost like to see Rampage get KO'd or subbed in his next fight, and then have his team and coaches just walk off back stage once they see that he's lost... Just curious if he'd have anything to say about it

But it does make me wonder if they maybe editted it a couple of different ways, and went with the "Rampage as the heel" angle once he pulled out of the fight in TN

Post #10   10/15/09 5:56:30PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by nickcuc547

I agree with everything you said except for wes sims getting the win. i also happen to agree with what page said.

Post #11   10/15/09 6:31:02PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I think the editing of the show has definitely become biased since the whole A-Team fiasco. It probably wasn't as bad as they're making out.
The whole 'Best season ever' talk from Dana has me scratching my head a bit though. The fights have been pretty lame so far.

Post #12   10/15/09 6:33:24PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
speaking of the a-team, did anyone notice someone in the house calling wes sims murdoch? i found that to be pretty damn funny.

Post #13   10/15/09 6:39:59PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Some of the comments being made about Rashad being phony are laughable if you ask me. Not to say that Rashad doesn't try to say and do the right thing, but you all act like Rampage's whole thing isn't his schtick. If you had to pick the phonier of the two, it's definitely Rampage.

And although it's not called the Ultimate Coach, it's also not called the Ultimate Comedian.

Post #14   10/15/09 7:26:17PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

Uuuuuum did you watch last nights episode

lol, obviously not. Let me rephrase, I don't see anyone on Rampage's team winning a fight now. I feel bad for the fighters that have to move to his team for the next round.

Rampage reinforced my statement about him walking out on his fighters when they lose. I think the only one he didn't walk out on was Kimbo.

Post #15   10/15/09 8:03:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2