Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Antonio Silva: To get to Fedor, Fabricio Werdum must be eliminated

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“Werdum is a good fighter, very experienced, cautious with good jiu-jitsu. He is famed among Strikeforce heavyweights and I want to be between the best ones to get the chance to fight Fedor, so I have to look for a knockout or a submission victory over him. I have improved my stand-up game in the past two years. I’m more confident, moving better, kicking and punching harder. I’m ready for any circumstance that may come up because my ground game is also very sharpened. It’s a fight and anything can happen, but I don’t see Rogers knocking out or submitting Fedor, despite his heavy hands. If you observe, he goes towards the opponent with his guard opened and Fedor hits very well in the short distance. I will be rooting for Fedor to keep winning.”

Former Elite XC heavyweight champion Antonio Silva (13-1) heads back to the United States to challenge Strikeforce heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum at the Nov. 7 “Fedor vs. Rogers” event from the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.

Link

Post #1   10/14/09 3:53:07PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:904-633
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Bigfoot Silva is an exciting fighter. I was mad to hear of steroid use as I would be with anyone. Bigfoot dominated all his lower level opponents, and gained elite xc title(now defunct). I am very interested to see if Bigfoot can compete with better guys like Werdum. I think he can tko werdum if he keeps it standing, but looses if taken down and controled.
I also dont think he can beat fedor with just size, and I think it's funny how no one cares about CHAMP Overeem!! I want him to drop the belt, he will never beat Fedor IMO!!!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 10/14/09 11:25PM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: Fighter Bashing

Post #2   10/14/09 4:35:55PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

I want him to drop the belt, he will never beat Fedor IMO!!!

Just who do u think will beat fedor the only people with a real chance are in the ufc.

Last edited 10/14/09 8:02PM server time by mshalosky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   10/14/09 8:01:37PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
This is a really good match up in my opinion. I think it will tell us a lot about where Bigfoot is in his development. If Bigfoot can smash Werdum here I think it makes him a legitmate opponent for Fedor. That's the word I'm looking for it "legitamizes" Silva as a potential opponent because we know who Werdum is and if you can beat him than you're on a certain level.

On the other hand if Werdum were to win it definetly puts him first in line as he'll have two straight victories for the organization. Which is more than any other Strikeforce Heavyweight can say.

Post #4   10/14/09 9:47:35PM