Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Frank Trigg vs. Tomato Can Coming To An Octagon Near You?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I cant believe he is actually asking for a "can" That is a new low in my book. He should get at least 2 more fihgts in the UFC either way. They GAVE this guy a contract to stop him from giving another promotion his "name". He should take his fights and CHECKS and go into retirement quietly. I am not bashing Trigg as a fighter but .......C'MON MAN!!!.......why go the easy way!!!!?????

Post #16   10/14/09 8:28:19PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
There is no doubt Trigg shouldnt have made comments like this, things like this never go over well with the masses.

But I can completely understand why he is thinking the way he is, his job/career is on the line and he dosnt want it to end without atleast a decent string of fights. He expressed his feelings publicly which he shouldnt have but I have no doubt alot of fighters in the ufc now and in the past have negociated this type of thing behind the scenes to try and save thier ufc/fighting careers and Frank is no different other than making it known to the masses.

Trigg dosnt have the option that Guilard/Houston/Crocop had to go outside the ufc and get a "can" (warmup fight) to get that killer instinct back for top level competition. Frankly I think he deserves a fight that he is atleast evenly matched after the ufc fed him to a top five WW, which I dont think was good match making, almost like he was set up to fell and give KOS a "warm up" fight after his loss.

I dont think his reasoning is much different from many other fighters out there but I believe he should stop thinking out loud.
I think fare is fare and he atleast deserves a reasonable chance in the octagon.

Last edited 10/14/09 9:29PM server time by scobac
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/14/09 9:26:29PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Matt Serra vs Trigg? EWWWWWWWW. Then the winner fights Hughes and thats a fight Hughes will actually think is "meaningful"

Post #18   10/15/09 1:16:43AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Never put your money on a guy nicknamed Twinkle Toes , or Fairy Nuts.
Tomato Can by knockout , then we'll feed Tomato Can to GSP.

Post #19   10/15/09 8:32:47AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2