Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva Doesn't Think Vitor Belfort Has Earned a Title Shot, May Not Fight at UFC 108

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

How many of you actually read the article?

"It's doctor's decision," he added in English. "My elbow is hurt, but doctor Chad says come back to training, come back to fight."

On Wednesday, the champion is scheduled to begin physical therapy after getting his surgery stitches removed. Soares says a decision on Silva's fight-readiness will be made in 10 days.

Whether you think vitor deserves a title shot or not , anderson has signed to fight him and will fight him barring hes injury free . Sounds pretty reasonable to me .

thank you, it was looking like espn in here with the blatant ignoring of facts just so they can make their opinionated case.

Post #16   10/14/09 11:15:54AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

How many of you actually read the article?

"It's doctor's decision," he added in English. "My elbow is hurt, but doctor Chad says come back to training, come back to fight."

On Wednesday, the champion is scheduled to begin physical therapy after getting his surgery stitches removed. Soares says a decision on Silva's fight-readiness will be made in 10 days.

Whether you think vitor deserves a title shot or not , anderson has signed to fight him and will fight him barring hes injury free . Sounds pretty reasonable to me .

thank you, it was looking like espn in here with the blatant ignoring of facts just so they can make their opinionated case.

That's completely false. You're also not taking into account the fact that Silva and his manager have ran the public in circles about this elbow surgery. They've said it happened, they said it didn't. Now they're using it as an excuse for why he shouldn't have to fight Vitor. Which is it? Did it happen, or didn't it? I could go on for days.

Post #17   10/14/09 7:06:12PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
as supatolacyl already said, Anderson got his shot after a win over Leben, and that's it. That gives him/his camp no room to talk about not deserving shots. Belfort is a former champ who beat a former champ. Anderson beat Leben...

Last edited 10/14/09 7:43PM server time by kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   10/14/09 7:42:22PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

That's completely false. You're also not taking into account the fact that Silva and his manager have ran the public in circles about this elbow surgery. They've said it happened, they said it didn't. Now they're using it as an excuse for why he shouldn't have to fight Vitor. Which is it? Did it happen, or didn't it? I could go on for days.

I guess your refering to this ed soares quote from bloodyelbow?

"Silva has not had surgery on his elbow and is not in any way incapable of fighting in November if he's offered a fight."
At the time Anderson didnt have the surgery yet and .....

" They found some things that they weren’t aware of (during the surgery), which is a good thing. If we’re going to be fighting for the title, we want to make sure Anderson’s 100-percent"

I dont see the problem .

finally ed says this :

"Vitor has not fought in the UFC at 185 pounds," he said. "Now, I know people can say Anderson fought for the belt after one fight, and that's true, but he fought at 185 pounds. At 195 pounds, he didn't make weight, at first. So he couldn't make weight at 195 pounds, but now he's going to fight for the title at 185 pounds?"

IMO ed wanting vitor to fight someone so anderson can heal . Ed throwing out lines to buy more time . For the record i think vitor deserves the shot .

Post #19   10/14/09 10:35:51PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I guess your refering to this ed soares quote from bloodyelbow?

"Silva has not had surgery on his elbow and is not in any way incapable of fighting in November if he's offered a fight."
At the time Anderson didnt have the surgery yet and .....

" They found some things that they weren’t aware of (during the surgery), which is a good thing. If we’re going to be fighting for the title, we want to make sure Anderson’s 100-percent"

I dont see the problem .

finally ed says this :

"Vitor has not fought in the UFC at 185 pounds," he said. "Now, I know people can say Anderson fought for the belt after one fight, and that's true, but he fought at 185 pounds. At 195 pounds, he didn't make weight, at first. So he couldn't make weight at 195 pounds, but now he's going to fight for the title at 185 pounds?"

IMO ed wanting vitor to fight someone so anderson can heal . Ed throwing out lines to buy more time . For the record i think vitor deserves the shot .

what about this quote

"I don’t know anything at all about any elbow injury," he said, adding with a laugh, "I wonder who hurt me?"

"I’m 200 percent healthy and there’s no injury. UFC can set the next fight whenever they want, I’m ready. I’m interested in fighting Frank Mir. He can be the next one," he says.
Link

how about this follow up from dana

"Contrary to whatever the hell [Silva] is saying, he's not 200 percent healthy," White said. "He's having some bone spurs removed from his elbow, which is a simple little procedure that happens, but you've got to have recovery time."

Link

Post #20   10/14/09 11:12:49PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
The below quote is taken from anderson in the crowd at bitteti combat. If you watched the interview , Anderson was obviously playing coy .

"I don’t know anything at all about any elbow injury ," he said, adding with a laugh, "I wonder who hurt me?"

"He's having some bone spurs removed from his elbow, which is a simple little procedure that happens , but you've got to have recovery time."

Maybe he doesnt consider a simple little procedure to be an injury , then found out after the surgery there was more to it?

Post #21   10/14/09 11:25:01PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,018-656
Chips:
i could see this being an upset. if Belfort is on his "A" game and if Silva starts thinking about McDonalds cheeseburgers then we might see an upset by a very hungry Vitor Belfort.

Im still gonna pick Silva to win though

Last edited 10/15/09 12:26AM server time by grandmaster313
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   10/15/09 12:26:14AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by scobac

what about this quote

"I don’t know anything at all about any elbow injury," he said, adding with a laugh, "I wonder who hurt me?"

"I’m 200 percent healthy and there’s no injury. UFC can set the next fight whenever they want, I’m ready. I’m interested in fighting Frank Mir. He can be the next one," he says.
Link

how about this follow up from dana

"Contrary to whatever the hell [Silva] is saying, he's not 200 percent healthy," White said. "He's having some bone spurs removed from his elbow, which is a simple little procedure that happens, but you've got to have recovery time."

Link

Props awarded.

Post #23   10/15/09 12:49:07AM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
well no matter who said what now.if the fight happens.all were going to hear is excuses about how anderson came in the fight not 100% but thats only if he loses.

that kind of stuff is definitely going to take away from vitors victory.assuming he wins of course..o well

Post #24   10/15/09 1:30:25AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2