Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vince McMahon says WWE a "more sophisticated" product than MMA

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BDON911

MMA Regular

BDON911 Avatar

Career:495-323
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I don't see what the big deal is with the article. I think it's being misinterpreted.

"You really can't compete with that," he said. "Why not deliver a more sophisticated product and not go to those extremes?

I think Vince is referring to delivering a more sophisticated product than the WWE has been...not comparing themselves to the UFC.

Thank you for posting what I was about to post

Post #16   10/12/09 6:33:43PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Alluding to a thread that my buddy bojanglz made a bit ago, Is mma a sport or is it entertainment. Well mma is definintly a sport while the wwe is purely entertainment. When has entertainment been more sophisticated than a sport? That is almost like comparing mtv to baseball. I really hope Vince doesn't think that way.

Post #17   10/12/09 11:13:52PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-936
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by telnights

I think he could have chosen a better word than "sophisticated".

I agree. I do not think either MMA or staged wrestling is "sophisticated," so trying to compare the two on levels of sophistication lacks any meaningful conclusion. If anything, staged wrestling is a performance art, like dancing or ballet, sans all traces of sophistication.

Posted by hotrodttt

Alluding to a thread that my buddy bojanglz made a bit ago, Is mma a sport or is it entertainment. Well mma is definintly a sport while the wwe is purely entertainment. When has entertainment been more sophisticated than a sport? That is almost like comparing mtv to baseball. I really hope Vince doesn't think that way.

All sports are marketed as entertainment, and MMA is no exception. The only actual part of MMA that is sport is the competition itself.

Post #18   10/13/09 3:16:31AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I always associate hitting someone in the face with a chair or razorwire covered bat with sophistication! Mchman usses the word MMa to just get WWE mentioned with a real sport!! Dude is an insect that needs exterminated

Post #19   10/13/09 5:46:26PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2