Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

For WEC's Dave Jansen, proof is in the pudding (that he no longer has to serve)

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
SAN ANTONIO – Mixed martial arts wins often mean very different things to different people.

For lightweight Dave Jansen (13-0 MMA, 1-0 WEC), his WEC 43 victory over Rich Crunkilton (16-3 MMA, 8-2 WEC) on Saturday night means he doesn't have to bring you a sandwich.

"I made it," Jansen told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after the bout. "I get to do what I love. I quit cooking, serving, bartending and waiting tables for unhappy patrons. Now I get to scrap for a living."

Link

Post #1   10/11/09 12:30:23PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,535-1,352
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
How was Dave's cardio that bad if he trains with team quest. He needs to get some cardio going if he's gonna hang with the top guys in the wec's lw division. A guy like razor rob would have ko'd him in those circumstances.

Post #2   10/11/09 1:18:45PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

How was Dave's cardio that bad if he trains with team quest. He needs to get some cardio going if he's gonna hang with the top guys in the wec's lw division. A guy like razor rob would have ko'd him in those circumstances.

His wrestling and takedowns were good but he gassed at the end. A better striker would have finished Jansen off.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   10/11/09 3:03:18PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I'm sure all of you would have plenty of cardio to defeat Rich Crunkilton. It was Jansen's biggest step up and all you're doing is sneaky fighter bashing.

Post #4   10/11/09 4:34:23PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I'm sure all of you would have plenty of cardio to defeat Rich Crunkilton. It was Jansen's biggest step up and all you're doing is sneaky fighter bashing.

False. Stating a fact. Are you saying he did not run out of gas at the end of the fight? He took some big shots from Rich and still managed to hang on for the win. It was a good win for him, just saying he needs to work on that gas tank if he wants to take on the heavy hitters

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   10/11/09 4:50:50PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by Giant_Ochai

False. Stating a fact. Are you saying he did not run out of gas at the end of the fight? He took some big shots from Rich and still managed to hang on for the win. It was a good win for him, just saying he needs to work on that gas tank if he wants to take on the heavy hitters

a fight with that many ground transitions, it shouldn't be called bad cardio for someone to run out of gas. A lot of fighters who we consider to have "great cardio" would of gassed all the same with that kind of workrate.

Post #6   10/11/09 6:40:27PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by kopower

Posted by Giant_Ochai

a fight with that many ground transitions, it shouldn't be called bad cardio for someone to run out of gas. A lot of fighters who we consider to have "great cardio" would of gassed all the same with that kind of workrate.

I don't think they would have at all. I have seen lot of guys go at a lot harder pace and keep it up for 5 rounds and not just 3. He was gassing by mid 2nd round. Now weather it was from some of the shots he took or not he still was gassing out. I don't think saying he was gassing is bashing in anyway because he did gas out. Now did he do good in the fight? Very much so and showed his wrestling is very good but he also showed he needs a lot of work and one of those areas is his cardio.

Post #7   10/11/09 7:26:17PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by kopower

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I don't think they would have at all. I have seen lot of guys go at a lot harder pace and keep it up for 5 rounds and not just 3. He was gassing by mid 2nd round. Now weather it was from some of the shots he took or not he still was gassing out. I don't think saying he was gassing is bashing in anyway because he did gas out. Now did he do good in the fight? Very much so and showed his wrestling is very good but he also showed he needs a lot of work and one of those areas is his cardio.

i follow the belief that stating a fact (he did gas) is not fighter bashing. However, i think it should be coupled with the fact that it is in that top tier of workrate seen in a fight. Of course his cardio should be better, but im just saying aside from a select few not many mma fighters can keep that pace up.

Post #8   10/11/09 9:07:36PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz
i follow the belief that stating a fact (he did gas) is not fighter bashing. However, i think it should be coupled with the fact that it is in that top tier of workrate seen in a fight. Of course his cardio should be better, but im just saying aside from a select few not many mma fighters can keep that pace up.

I think it's alot more than just a select few that dont gas out after going at it hard for three to five rounds.

Both guys in this fight were sucking wind in the second, thats something you usually see from the HW division not lightwieghts.

Both guys went hard and gutted it out for three rounds but atleast in my mind there is no doubt that was below average LW cardio for the big leagues of mma.

Post #9   10/11/09 9:52:43PM