Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Junior Dos Santos Versus Gabriel Gonzaga

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

long-john

Learning to Sprawl

Career:597-404
Camp: Camp De Fight
Chips:
http://www.fighters.com/10/11/exclusive-rodrigo-nogueira-v-gabriel-gonzaga-in-ufc

I hope this is true because it means that Nog's next match is Lesnar/Carwin winner!

Last edited 10/11/09 11:50AM server time by long-john
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/11/09 11:50:25AM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
This is a good test for Dos Santos and a step in the right the direction.

Post #2   10/11/09 12:37:33PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,426-852
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
If GG fights Dos Santos I think Dos Santos will win.
GG needs some kind of an edge, IMO he just seems to have fallen a little short of his potential. (Maybe he needs to switch camps?)

I think Dos Santos wins this fight because of his stand up

Post #3   10/11/09 1:25:02PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

If GG fights Dos Santos I think Dos Santos will win.
GG needs some kind of an edge, IMO he just seems to have fallen a little short of his potential. (Maybe he needs to switch camps?)

I think Dos Santos wins this fight because of his stand up

Sadly, I agree with this.

Gabe's a beast no doubt, but I could see JDS taking him out 1st round KO

Post #4   10/11/09 1:50:09PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
After Junior KO's Gonzaga it's going to be hard to deny him a title shot. Carwin got one for the same thing and he didn't have names like Werdum and Cro Cop already on his resume. Go Junior!

Post #5   10/11/09 2:15:31PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,426-852
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by IriShame

After Junior KO's Gonzaga it's going to be hard to deny him a title shot. Carwin got one for the same thing and he didn't have names like Werdum and Cro Cop already on his resume. Go Junior!

And I'm not sure at all how he would fare against Lesnar (or Carwin or even Nog possibly).....I think he would lose to Lesnar

Last edited 10/11/09 2:48PM server time by State_Champ

Post #6   10/11/09 2:48:05PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by IriShame

And I'm not sure at all how he would fare against Lesnar (or Carwin or even Nog possibly).....I think he would lose to Lesnar

I'm not sure either based on the fact that we've never seen Dos Santos vs. a talented wrestler. I've heard he has a sick ground game but his takedown defense is what needs to be tested.

I don't believe he would fight Nog though seeing as they train together.

Post #7   10/11/09 3:29:30PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
This would be an interesting fight, but I definitely see JDS winning. He showed how great he really is against Cro Cop. He would overwhelm Gonazga with strikes late in the fight and get the tko.

Last edited 10/11/09 3:38PM server time by chickmagnet

Post #8   10/11/09 3:38:00PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I see JDS finishing Gabe in the first if this fight happens. Im still not totally sold on him, but he impresses me more and more everytime I see him. Gabe ought to think about trying to get this fight to the mat asap, I hear JDS has a good ground game but I dont think many HWs would beable to shift Gabe when he gets on top of them.

Post #9   10/11/09 4:21:00PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
Dos Santos by KO.
I think Gonzaga has some hardcore fans so he is overrated at times. His biggest win will always be that head kick.

Post #10   10/11/09 4:52:49PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Chips:

Posted by IriShame

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by IriShame

I'm not sure either based on the fact that we've never seen Dos Santos vs. a talented wrestler. I've heard he has a sick ground game but his takedown defense is what needs to be tested.

I don't believe he would fight Nog though seeing as they train together.

He wouldnt fight Nog. I think if Nog wins the title, that gives Cain the shot if he wins his next fight or possibly Mir.

Post #11   10/11/09 4:54:52PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Poor Gabe Gonzaga is in for another beating.

Post #12   10/11/09 5:23:21PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I might be the only one who thinks this but I have Gonzaga taking this fight. Like others have said Im not sold on JDS either. Not to mention Gonzaga is a beast and has the ability to end a fight anywhere. Should be an interesting fight if it happens.

Post #13   10/11/09 5:31:44PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

I might be the only one who thinks this but I have Gonzaga taking this fight. Like others have said Im not sold on JDS either. Not to mention Gonzaga is a beast and has the ability to end a fight anywhere. Should be an interesting fight if it happens.

I have to agree here, Junior is a good fighter but I dont think the crocop fight is enough to sell me on him beating a hungry gabe gonzaga (no offense to Mirko but ive seen heavy bags in the gym put up more of fight).

If Gonzaga comes in focused and hungry I think he will pound him out on the ground or submit him. On the other hand maybe im just being hopeful that Gonzaga lives up to all of his potential and goes on a big run, he has the physical tools to do it just a little skeptical on the mental game.

Post #14   10/11/09 5:46:44PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scobac

Posted by Nightmare27

I have to agree here, Junior is a good fighter but I dont think the crocop fight is enough to sell me on him beating a hungry gabe gonzaga (no offense to Mirko but ive seen heavy bags in the gym put up more of fight).

If Gonzaga comes in focused and hungry I think he will pound him out on the ground or submit him. On the other hand maybe im just being hopeful that Gonzaga lives up to all of his potential and goes on a big run, he has the physical tools to do it just a little skeptical on the mental game.

Your skeptical of Dos Santos cause of his Cro Cop fight yet that is the only Top 10 HW Gonzaga has every beaten. Also, Gonzaga has lost to Werdum and Santos KO'd Werdum.

Look at Gonzaga's fight in the UFC and tell me one contender or legit HW he has beaten. His career outside of the UFC doesn't show any either. He is a gatekeeper at best in the HW division.

Edit- I forgot to mention Gonzaga lost tiwce to Werdum by TKO.

Last edited 10/11/09 7:11PM server time by Sinister

Post #15   10/11/09 7:10:21PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2