Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Swick blasts Paul Daley

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Mike ‘Quick’ Swick has blasted Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley via Twitter in the latest round of a war of words that has developed between the pair. Daley has been talking up a fight with Swick since standing in for him against Martin Kampmann at UFC 103. Swick is not impressed.

“Daley you are delusional saying I started this trash talk. Immediately after you beat Kampmann you said you would knock me out in 1 round,” he wrote. “You know how many guys have said that? Everyone I have fought. Your own people say Hardy is better than you so we will see November 14th.”

“Quit trying to make a name off talking trash to me and go earn it. Koscheck needs an opponent now, ask for that one if your so tough,” Swick concluded.

Link

Post #1   10/10/09 4:27:29PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Swick needs to quit talking. He's hardly earned his name. Who really has he beat besides Marcus Davis who was good/going somewhere for a hot minute? And he wasn't impressive at all in beating him either. If he would stand with Daley, IMO the man will go down hard. I definitely believe Paul could knock him out unless he gets taken down.

Swick just needs to shut his mouth with Daley and worry about his life after he does beat Dan Hardy. Because once he gets that undeserved title shot with GSP, hes a dead man. No chance IMO.

Post #2   10/10/09 5:03:29PM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Swick couldnt hang with daley on the feet imo

on the ground is a different story though.

Post #3   10/10/09 5:09:50PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Swick hasn't really earned his name? You guys are being ridiculous by saying that. You've inspired me to make a post. Check the UFC forum in a bit

Post #4   10/10/09 5:39:53PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Swick needs to quit talking. He's hardly earned his name. Who really has he beat besides Marcus Davis who was good/going somewhere for a hot minute? And he wasn't impressive at all in beating him either. If he would stand with Daley, IMO the man will go down hard. I definitely believe Paul could knock him out unless he gets taken down.

Swick just needs to shut his mouth with Daley and worry about his life after he does beat Dan Hardy. Because once he gets that undeserved title shot with GSP, hes a dead man. No chance IMO.

Swick is 9-1 in the UFC with the loss coming from a top 5 MW, I think he has earned his name just fine. He has had some easy opponents but I think he has had some tough ones aswell (the crow, riggs, burkman, davis, for sure okami).

Im not a swick nuthugger but in his defense he is only returning verbal fire that daley started.

As far as a title shot goes, who has earned it? Who else could the UFC put against GSP? I think if swick gets a title shot he is as good as anyone else in the division right now.

Post #5   10/10/09 5:48:07PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,218-1,306
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Nah Swick didnt earn it at all. He beat Glass Chin Goulet, Burkmann, Gideon, Saunders and Davis by boring lay and pray. Swick is one of the most overrated out there. Hed lose to KOS, Fitch and Thiago, if you're losing to them why are you on pace for a title shot. Swick would have beaten Kampmann by laying on him and doing nothing and would have never ko'd him in the first the way Daley did. Hope Hardy humbles Swick!

Post #6   10/10/09 6:11:13PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I think Swick is gonna KO Hardy. If Daley was to take the fight with Kos I don't think that would end well for him. That fight does sound interesting though

Post #7   10/10/09 6:25:55PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Swick has been consistent and often times exciting but its against lower level competition. He doesn't deserve a title shot but no one deserves it more than him (kind of a paradox). I think he would beat Paul Daley pretty easily and the same goes for Dan Hardy.

Post #8   10/10/09 6:35:39PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
damn i dont get the swick hate in here... has swick demanded a title shot or some thing... No, would he get dominated by GSP... Yes, but who in the ufc welterweight division wont get dominated by GSP... Does he deserve a title shot... No, but who else in the WW division right now deserves a shot at the title.

It seems like all of you would rather have GSP sit out the next 6-9 months while a true contender finally emerges, It has already been 3 months since his title defense and still doesnt have a fight lined up. Brock lesner who defended his belt the same night fights next month. Frank Mir who fought that night has a fight lined up. Michael Bisping, who served a medical suspension, already has a fight lined up.

You all seem to say swick needs to keep his mouth shut until he beats a top caliber fighter, but who in the hell has Daley beat, besides Kampmann, that gave him the right to run his mouth about swick, (and daley has ran his mouth about a legend in matt hughes)

Let me say this again

WHAT has given daley the right to call out a legend in matt hughes, and completely blast a fighter who is 9-1in the ufc.

The funny thing is, im not even really a swick fan but all this hate sure is turning me into one.

WAR SWICK

Last edited 10/10/09 7:10PM server time by cwb
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/10/09 7:09:02PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,207-1,505
Chips:
I can't stand Mike Swick but I have to defend him here. Just when I think somebody will pound him...he beats them. Contrary to "popular belief" Swick has a pretty decent record behind him. 16-2 with 1 true stoppage with the loss to Leben (although he would smoke Leben now), a decision loss to Okami and 14 wins against fighters such as Saunders, Goulet, Davis, Burkman, Loiseau, Riggs, Vigneault, Ray and Schoenauer. That is not too shabby at all. I think Hardy may give him trouble...but like I said...every time I think someone may give him trouble...he wins. Swick has more accomplishments in MMA than either Hardy or Daley for that matter. Hardy has a ton of wins but only has 3 good wins...Davis, Markham and Gono. Davis is over rated, Markham is tough if his glass chin doesn't brake and Gono is off and on. That's it for Hardy. Daley? He does has a couple impressive wins against formidable opponents...but his record is over run with many pitiful losses against less than stellar competition. Like I said I don't like Swick...but I think he is one of the best fighters out there. I really don't see Hardy or Daley winning against him.
There is a small chance Daley may land one of his heavy hands...but that is all he has. I really don't blame Swick for being a little perturbed after Daley's comments.
I hope Swick pounds both of them.

Post #10   10/10/09 7:16:30PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,455-865
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by CwB

damn i dont get the swick hate in here... has swick demanded a title shot or some thing... No, would he get dominated by GSP... Yes, but who in the ufc welterweight division wont get dominated by GSP... Does he deserve a title shot... No, but who else in the WW division right now deserves a shot at the title.

It seems like all of you would rather have GSP sit out the next 6-9 months while a true contender finally emerges, It has already been 3 months since his title defense and still doesnt have a fight lined up. Brock lesner who defended his belt the same night fights next month. Frank Mir who fought that night has a fight lined up. Michael Bisping, who served a medical suspension, already has a fight lined up.

You all seem to say swick needs to keep his mouth shut until he beats a top caliber fighter, but who in the hell has Daley beat, besides Kampmann, that gave him the right to run his mouth about swick, (and daley has ran his mouth about a legend in matt hughes)

Let me say this again

WHAT has given daley the right to call out a legend in matt hughes, and completely blast a fighter who is 9-1in the ufc.

The funny thing is, im not even really a swick fan but all this hate sure is turning me into one.

WAR SWICK

I would rather see a legitimate contender in 6-9 months than see a false one pushed on me by the UFC. IMO it hurts the sport when unqualified fighters get a chance at the title.

Post #11   10/10/09 7:17:51PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
Before we hate on Swick to much lets not forget that he dosnt have a title shot lined up and may not even get one. He's fighting Hardy next and if he beats him (I think he will) he would be 5-0 at WW and get a then well deserved shot at the belt, and likely be another victim of the machine we call "GSP"

Why is Swick getting so much hate when he dosnt have a title shot lined up, I dont read any hate post about Vitor getting one or Diego getting one, both of which I believe are less qualified than Swick for shots at a belt.

I dont think it hurts the sport at all, I would rather see a new opponent go after the belt than all the boring rematches that could be lined up like hendo/nate at silva or fitch/kos at gsp.

Last edited 10/10/09 7:25PM server time by scobac

Post #12   10/10/09 7:18:50PM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scobac

Before we hate on Swick to much lets not forget that he dosnt have a title shot lined up and may not even get one. He's fighting Hardy next and if he beats him (I think he will) he would be 5-0 at WW and get a then well deserved shot at the belt, and likely be another victim of the machine we call "GSP"

i second this!

Last edited 10/10/09 7:22PM server time by Post_Oakley

Post #13   10/10/09 7:22:16PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by CwB

Let me say this again

WAR SWICK

I would rather see a legitimate contender in 6-9 months than see a false one pushed on me by the UFC. IMO it hurts the sport when unqualified fighters get a chance at the title.

While i do agree with you, i hate seeing champs sit around gathering ring rust, and if swick wins his next fight he will be ten and one in the ufc and his only loss coming from a larger weight class, to a top 4-7 fighter in the rankings. I think that is atleast good enough not to be a complete throw away title defense for gsp

EDIT : it has been 3 months since GSP's last defense if we waited another 6-9 months that would make it a nine month to one YEAR layoff... I think by then alot of us would be going through GSP withdrawals

Last edited 10/10/09 7:30PM server time by cwb

Post #14   10/10/09 7:24:54PM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by CwB

Let me say this again

WAR SWICK

i agree with you to.

CwB pretty much nailed it on the head as to what i was going to say though

Post #15   10/10/09 7:26:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2