Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mirko Cro Cop Still Coping with his Loss to Junior Dos Santos, Will Finish his UFC Contract

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
"I was very, very disturbed after the loss to Dos Santos. I was in such a state that I wished to hang myself in my hotel room so I would be gone. Three losses in my last seven fights is nothing but a disaster to me. That’s a terrible score and I’m not happy about it"

"I already know some things that I did wrong both in the fight and in the preparation for the fight, but there are many questions that remain to be answered. I am seriously thinking about hiring a psychiatrist to help me out. I have already made some calls about it."

Link

Post #1   10/10/09 4:24:37PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Call GSP... it worked for him.

Seriously though, in addition to a psych he should look into training in the US for his next fight if he is going to fight again.

Last edited 10/10/09 4:40PM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   10/10/09 4:40:00PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
You've got to appreciate the honest struggle he's going through and the fact that he's not hiding anything from the fans as far as that goes.

I dunno, though... Mirko... we still consider you one of the greatest ever. Your fans wouldn't judge you if you decided to hang them up my friend.

Post #3   10/10/09 4:44:35PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I hope he can pull it together and finish out his contract nicely. I'm not really a Cro Cop fan, but he seems like a genuinely good guy. Hate to see him finish a great career on such a low note.

Post #4   10/10/09 4:45:48PM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
wow.

i didnt know it affected him THAT much.

i hope he finishes his contract happy with himself.

Post #5   10/10/09 4:54:43PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

You've got to appreciate the honest struggle he's going through and the fact that he's not hiding anything from the fans as far as that goes.

I dunno, though... Mirko... we still consider you one of the greatest ever. Your fans wouldn't judge you if you decided to hang them up my friend.

Agreed. I definitely think he should get one. he definitely looks like he's lost that killer instinct. Guys use to stand in across from him in fear looking like their about 2 seconds away from just climbing out the ring/cage since he looked so intimidating. IDK, he just doesn't seem that way anymore. Hopefully he gets this help and we can see the old Cro Cop brutally knock some clowns out but he goes off into the sunset...

Post #6   10/10/09 5:00:40PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
They should give Cro Cop the winner of the ultimate fighter or maybe Antonie Hardonk. As for Dos Santos since Nog as the winner of carwin and lesnar they should give Dos Santos the winner of Cane Velásquez and Ben Rothwell or gonzaga. I think either of those fights would be good.

Post #7   10/10/09 5:35:42PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I would love to see CC go out in style. Def. agree with giving him someone from TUF. Maybe even Tuchscherer.

Post #8   10/10/09 6:21:29PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
Mirko has never been the same since joining the UFC. I think he was a little over rated and lucky in the past anyhow. I am a huge fan of CroCop but he never "upped" his game when the level was raised. I think the level has been raised a few times since Mirko was destroying people in Pride. Sadly Mirko's game has gone down as the level of the competition has gone up. It is a disastrous combination for Mirko. I think he is young enough and smart enough to stay in the game...only if he gets the right training and maybe even goes to the psychiatrist like he said. He was beaten up both physically and mentally by dos Santos. Mirko's unraveling was clearly evident. I like Mirko and I really wish he would pay much more attention to the fight game, make the right decisions in his training and get himself to a higher level. He really needs some Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu work. Good luck CroCop!

Post #9   10/10/09 6:57:49PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Cro Cop vs. Liddell!!!!

Post #10   10/10/09 6:57:53PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,546-914
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Cro Cop vs winner of Pat Barry/Antoni Hardonk

Post #11   10/10/09 7:21:45PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
have him fight heath herring next

Post #12   10/10/09 8:14:16PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Mirko has never been the same since joining the UFC. I think he was a little over rated and lucky in the past anyhow. I am a huge fan of CroCop but he never "upped" his game when the level was raised. I think the level has been raised a few times since Mirko was destroying people in Pride. Sadly Mirko's game has gone down as the level of the competition has gone up. It is a disastrous combination for Mirko. I think he is young enough and smart enough to stay in the game...only if he gets the right training and maybe even goes to the psychiatrist like he said. He was beaten up both physically and mentally by dos Santos. Mirko's unraveling was clearly evident. I like Mirko and I really wish he would pay much more attention to the fight game, make the right decisions in his training and get himself to a higher level. He really needs some Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu work. Good luck CroCop!

Sorry but i hate hearing the word Overrated get labeled on fighters like CroCop (fighters like Liddell and Hughes come to mind). Anyone who can put up that great of a fight against someone like Fedor, hold 3 wins over top ranked Barnett, KO over wanderlei silva (who at the time was still at the top of his game) and numerous other credentials does NOT deserve to be labeled overrated...

He has had a horrible downturn since joining the ufc but i dont think it was because of a step up in competition (GG, kongo, and Sanchez are NOT a step up in competition compared to who he fought in pride) but i believe the downturn is due to his age/fight age. Lets be realistic not all fighters can follow in Couture's age defying shoes. Just look at alot of the other fighters around his fight age for proof (matt hughes, wanderlei silva, Chuck Liddell) who have all had a downturn similar to CroCops.

CroCop is 35 years old and has been fighting in K-1 or MMA since he was 22 years old (stats come from Wikipedia) that is 13 years of punches and kicks from the best fighters around, all of this adds up.

Most boxers can only dream of having successful careers as long as this. (I use Boxers as my comparison because they take so many hits and Cro Cop is a standup fighter, who spent quite some time in "striking only" K1, so i believe he has taken more punches then wrestling based fighters like Couture, Henderson, and Coleman)

Point being, that alot of fighters who still find success at an older age seem to be wrestling based. While the striking based fighters will find there careers downturn coming a little earlier.

If your fight game relies on striking to win, the older you get the more you lose the necessary skills required to compete as a successful striker. Those skills being speed, reaction time, and ability to handle a punch.

Just watch the dos santos fight again to witness what a young A level striker looks like compared to an old A level striker...

Post #13   10/10/09 9:59:12PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,063-1,277
Chips:
just set him up with a fight we know he will knock out...need to see death by left head kick 1 more time

Post #14   10/10/09 11:47:53PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
Honestly, i think if he really want to step up his game, he would need take some serious training at a good camp out of croatia. His stand up has gotten way too predictable.

Post #15   10/11/09 7:59:06AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2