Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jamie Varner on Donald Cerrone: "We can run it back and see who the real man is"

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
SAN ANTONIO – Being Jamie Varner (16-2 MMA, 4-0 WEC) just isn't easy.

After the WEC champ entered a post-WEC 43 weigh-ins Q&A session to a chorus of boos, one of the first questions asked was if he could explain the feeling of "living on his knees" rather than be willing to "die on his feet."

But as Varner later explained to the San Antonio crowd, dealing with haters is just a part of the business, and he's more than willing to deal with Donald Cerrone (10-1 MMA, 3-1 WEC), too.

"Fans are difficult," Varner said. "They love you when you're on top and knocking people out. But if there's any sort of downfall or controversy?

Link

Post #1   10/10/09 4:18:32PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Damn dude... that's pretty harsh of the fans to say some **** like they said to him. Props to Jamie for not jumping into the audience and beating the living hell out of these wanna-be tough guys/arm chair quarterbacks.

When Varner makes it back into the Octagon I'm hoping he makes one hell of a statement. Either that, or he loses in good fashion and takes it completely like a man.

Post #2   10/10/09 5:27:43PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
the people who say this are the lazy idiots who would never step into a cage themselves or even train a day in their lives.

I'd love to see any of them fight for 20 minutes with a broken foot and hand, and then receive a detached retina and continue fighting. Give me a break. Most fans are casual fans who just want to see blood and KOs, they're complete idiots.

I love the sport, but I really hate the tough-guy subculture that it has spawned. Any time I see a live show or watch a PPV at a bar, it's 90% drunken morons screaming and booing the instant the fighters stop throwing punches. Really sucks that fighters have to put up with such ignorance.

Post #3   10/10/09 7:15:33PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Most fans are the guys that I saw at a King of the Cage figth that were watching some amazing grappling and submission attempts by two fighters and were saying stuff like, "Yo these guys got nothing, just laying and praying. I got a cousin that knocked a guy out in a parking lot with one punch. He could whoop all these fags."

That's generally the mentality that I find at these fights.

Post #4   10/10/09 8:17:43PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,607-1,658
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by EliasG

Most fans are the guys that I saw at a King of the Cage figth that were watching some amazing grappling and submission attempts by two fighters and were saying stuff like, "Yo these guys got nothing, just laying and praying. I got a cousin that knocked a guy out in a parking lot with one punch. He could whoop all these fags."

That's generally the mentality that I find at these fights.

Damn man.....that sucks!

Post #5   10/11/09 2:27:23AM